Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menu Thread for the Wk 11.05.17-11.11.17

I got the official rejection letter from the insurance company yesterday. I can't even decipher the reason for the explanation and I have about 3 days to understand if I need to file an appeal or if I don't do anything and simply continue 3 more months and refile. Tomorrow is the surgeon's appointment, so I will beg them for help and enlightenment. The surgeon actually spoke to the insurance company herself. Right now they are saying I'm not "medical necessity."

So I fell off the wagon big time. I've been struggling this week cuz of the extra hunger (I think from stress, but also from PT and the additional exercise. Strength building exercises always have made me super ravenous after workouts from the time I was in athletics.) Yesterday, I just lost the will to fight it any more. And I'm super sad - not only about the situation, but also at myself for giving into the habit of comfort with food.

Today I'm up 3lbs to 233.8lbs. So there you go. My accountability.

Saturday' Horrific Menu:

B: 2 eggs fried in 1 tsp evoo; 2 applewood bacon; sauteed super greens (2oz froz spin, 2oz super greens, garlic clove, 1oz gr toms, 2oz mushrooms, 1tsp evoo)

MS: none

L: leftover blackened fish and shrimp (5oz pangasius, 1.5oz shrimp); 5oz leftover broccoli and garlic

AS: (here's where it all went wrong--snack monster got me) 308cals; 20g fat; 18g carbs; 4g fiber; 14g net carbs UGH!

1 pck HEB Toasted Seaweed Snacks; 28g hummus, 2oz baby carrots; 2oz On The Boarder Salsa con Queso, 1/2oz pork skins

D: (more shenanigans)

2 slices homemade cauli almond crust pepperoni mushroom pizza; chopped salad with 3zero's Greek dressing; 1c Stouffer's mac and cheese (Yes, I said it...STOUFFER's macaroni and Cheese!!!)

BS: 6g SF Lily's Dark chocolate Chips; 6g toasted almonds

Daily Totals: 2080cals; 134g fat; 113g carbs; 29g fiber; 84g net carbs; 106g protein

Pretty craptastic day. Now the big issue is to stop the hemorrhaging and isolate it to one day and 2 meals. That's gonna be hard, cuz I hate throwing food away and this morning I get up determined to start a new, fresh day. So I make my black coffee, get a fork, walk to the fridge, open the mac and cheese tray and take 2 gigantic forks full of mac n' cheese--probably about 1/3c in 2 bites. In. 2. bites. :blink::angry: *waves buh bye to the elephant penis* *sigh* *smacks head emoji here*

DON'T BEAT yourself up too hard. It might take a couple days to get yourself back on your program. It seems like when I fall off big time it takes awhile to get it together!! You've got this. You can do it. Your Dr is there to help you with your insurance. Just KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

That was the day before me.
You are making very good progress.
I was 174.6 kg [385 pounds] when I met surgeon (late July) and 160.4 kg [353.6 pounds] on the day of surgery (Thur, 12th Oct).
scale said 152.1 kg after my shower before Breakfast. [335.3 pounds].
TOTAL LOSS: 24.5 kg (54 pounds)
POST OP LOSS (38 days): 8.3 kg (18.3 pounds)
Your rate of loss is great. 30 pounds is 60% better than me!
I went back to the gym on Wednesday (15th) and the pool yesterday (Saturday 18th) so I expect some acceleration now.

Thanks......Now I’m at a stall.

Ok, yesterday I stuck admirably to plan and only added a cup of butternut squash for an extra 90cal.

4oz. cottage cheese and 1 orange

1 cup bean Soup

1 cup butternut squash and 1oz sunflower seeds

4oz tuna with 2T. BBQ Sauce

2 cups milk and 12oz coconut Water

Total: 1200cal 73g prot.

Fluff... hopefully it was just about the 6 month thing. You might be able to call your insurance company to get clarification so when you talk to your doc, you'll already know what is happening.

Fluffy, I hope you get clarification and it's a simple solution!

Thanks for the support y'all!!!! ((hugs all around)) So after the surgeon's appointment yesterday, it seems that even though it's worded vaguely (3-6 months supervised WL plan), Texas has a requirement of 6 months. Also, I think my insurance requires a Center of Excellence hospital. So they will resubmit and offer the 3 months from the other docs and a new COE hospital as the facility and we will see. In the meantime, I'm gonna go ahead and have the sleep study done and will continue with my monthly RD appointments. So at the worst, I will just continue the RD appts for an additional 90days. She seems to feel very confident that I have co-morbidities even if my sleep apnea is in remission.

I'm feeling a little more reassured, and will just keep working the plan, with as little holiday shenanigans as possible. :)

@FluffyChix *waves buh bye to the elephant penis* *sigh* *smacks head emoji here*

This cracked me up -- people who didn't read that thread are surely scratching their heads. :D

41 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

@FluffyChix *waves buh bye to the elephant penis* *sigh* *smacks head emoji here*

This cracked me up -- people who didn't read that thread are surely scratching their heads. :D

hehe Let's keep 'em guessing! ;) *snort*

Good news I was able to get back on track yesterday after my shambolic weekend. Bad news, I was STARVING all day and am still hungry today. But I'm pushing through--doing a lot of deep breathing and "chanting": Hunger does not constitute an emergency. Hunger does not constitute an emergency. LOL. Followed shortly by: I will not die from hunger. I will not die from hunger. And lastly: Serenity NOW! Serenity NOW! :D Hahahaha, and I just made this one up: That which does not kill us makes us stronger. ;)

Because of the weekend indiscretion, I'm not sweatin' making 1500cals/day.

Monday Menu:

B-big ass green smoothie (12fl oz So Delicious unsweetened vanilla coconut milk; 18g Isopure Banana powder; 5g psyllium husks; 35g frozen blueberries; 2oz frozen chopped spinach; 1/2 eyedropper vanilla stevia-Vitacost; 4 ice cubes; 2oz ice water)

MS-28g hummus; 2oz baby carrots; 1 string cheese

L-low carb fish taco (1 Mission Carb Balance tortilla; 3oz leftover blackened tilapia; 1/2c shredded cabbage blend; 2tbsp red fat feta; 40g HEB fresh salsa-medium)

AS-psylli tea; 2tbsp LS smooth peanut butter; 2oz GS apple

D-meatballs and sketti (4oz Daddy's meatballs; 1/2c Taste of Italy Central Market marinara; 3oz miracle rice, 1tbsp grated parm); chopped salad with 3zeros Greek dressing

BS-8g toasted almonds; 7g SF Lily's dark choco chips

Daily Totals: 1325cals; 73g protein; 67g fat; 97g carbs; 39g fiber; 58g net carbs

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

psyllium husks

FluffyChix, what do the psyllium husks do? I see them often, but am not sure of their nutritional components. Thanks!

I use them to keep me regular. They are soluble fiber. :) I use NOW brand whole psyllium husks. They make the shakes thick and filling.

15 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I use them to keep me regular. They are soluble Fiber. :) I use NOW brand whole psyllium husks. They make the shakes thick and filling.

Awesome! I'll keep that in mind!

18 minutes ago, Subaru said:

Awesome! I'll keep that in mind!

If you're gonna use them, you should start now cuz they can cause gas as first. It's the only thing that really keeps me regular. So post surgery my RD told me to switch to Benefiber for the early days (like the first 3 months). Then once I'm completely healed, I can try/test if I handle the psyllium husks ok. I would need to start with a tiny amount and test it. It no longer makes me bloat, so I think I should be ok?

Yesterday I had:

1 egg and 3.5oz black Beans

1 banana

7oz boiled turkey leg (2 sittings) (320cal 57g prot)

1 pint coconut Water

2oz leftover boiled broccoli (gross!)

2 cups 2% milk

Total: 1030 calories ...... 93g Protein

I ate the turkey late and drank about 8oz of water at bedtime. Awoke at 4am with a full bladder, and noticed the urine was really ... strong. It was from all that meat. Meat protein really does make a lot of waste products! (I should add I was well hydrated early in the day).