Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Britney, Britney, Britney

I dont care for Brittney she needs to take one trip to Africa and see how the other side of the world lives. Then she would put her panties back on and realize that the biggest decision of the day..which wig to wear in her 5 million dollar Malibu home isnt that stressing. Throw in some rehab and accountability and she might become an adult.

I do take exception to the talented kids remark......lol. Thats open for debate.

Debate? Do people really do that?

This is going to be a soapbox moment...

I have a beautiful child. Truly... I am stopped almost everywhere we go and told that she should model...I've been given cards from reps for Toys R Us and Macy's.

Umm. No. As a parent it is my responsibility to protect my child...not put her "out there" so she can be sexualized by the media. Also, I am not just raising a beautiful child, I am raising a future woman, possibly a mother, a future doctor (according to her...well, that and a hot air balloon pilot!)...I just don't see how holding a toy in a magazine or sitting on a billboards somewhere will help her grow as a person.

And how does this relate to Britney? Well, the concern about her physical being rather than her character has to have had something to do with her lack of character as an adult.

It will not happen to my kids!

Ok...off my soapbox!

Rain

I have a beautiful child. Truly... I am stopped almost everywhere we go and told that she should model...I've been given cards from reps for Toys R Us and Macy's.

Umm. No. As a parent it is my responsibility to protect my child...not put her "out there" so she can be sexualized by the media. Also, I am not just raising a beautiful child, I am raising a future woman, possibly a mother, a future doctor (according to her...well, that and a hot air balloon pilot!)...I just don't see how holding a toy in a magazine or sitting on a billboards somewhere will help her grow as a person.

And how does this relate to Britney? Well, the concern about her physical being rather than her character has to have had something to do with her lack of character as an adult.

Ok...off my soapbox!

Rain

Rain,

You're a very wise mother! Let's remember too, that Britney's mom allowed her to portray the "naughty school girl" in her first video, at the age of 16. What kind of message did that send to her?

Rain,

You're a very wise mother! Let's remember too, that Britney's mom allowed her to portray the "naughty school girl" in her first video, at the age of 16. What kind of message did that send to her?

Oh, yeah. I definitely blame Britney's mom for a lot of what she's become. Like I said earlier, her mother being in the picture now (like a lot of people want) wouldn't do much good, since she didn't do anything when she actually had the legal right and responsibility to do something. What the heck can she do now, other than put a good PR spin on things?

Rainer, I couldnt agree MORE with you. I even have this argument with my husband.

I too have a beautiful daughter and the number of times peopel tell me she should be modelling, it really gets my goat.

My husband is on about it all the time, accountant that she is. He thinks how much money she could make (for her, to be saved for her future).

I couldnt have less interest in being a stage mother and I really really really object to the thought of setting up a four year old to be valued on her looks.

The very thought disgusts me, no way would I ever do that to my child. Yet everyone else seems to think its fine.

Ok...off my soapbox!

Rain

I'm with you on that one. I happen to have an exceptionally beautiful little girl (LOL, don't we all) that people have tried to get me to enter into modeling and even family members have entered her into picture contests etc. But I am firm that I don't want to put her into a life where she feels her looks determine her self worth.

Also...on another note, will people quit saying Britney was fat and out of shape in her appearance on the MTV Awards (I think that was the appearance-where it was supposed to be her BIG COMEBACK and she wore the bikini) come on, she looked GREAT and except for the fact that she moved slowly, lip synced terribly and was nervous-her outfit wasn't the most flattering for her newly shapely figure, but she is NOT fat. People have got to quit labelling women fat in this country we are killing our young girls trying to be stick thin - PuLEAZZZZ! Thank you for letting me get that out. :mad:

Jachut,

The money is a thought...but SOOO not worth it. Especially as my children may have a propensity towards being overweight---if it is truly genetic afterall.

Really, my girls are perfect in my eyes...I think they are smart and witty and clever and sweet and so so so so funny....and yes, they are pretty...but it's just not important.

:mad:

Rain

Oh, yeah. I definitely blame Britney's mom for a lot of what she's become. Like I said earlier, her mother being in the picture now (like a lot of people want) wouldn't do much good, since she didn't do anything when she actually had the legal right and responsibility to do something. What the heck can she do now, other than put a good Page Ranking spin on things?
What the heck? I KNOW I put "PR" in that post. Why did it change itself to "Page Ranking?"

What the heck? I KNOW I put "Page Ranking" in that post. Why did it change itself to "Page Ranking?"

:):confused:

Umm... what?

I don't know what the heck it's doing! I keep typing P-R (maybe separating them will help), and it keeps putting "Page Ranking" when I hit submit reply.

I don't know what the heck it's doing! I keep typing P-R (maybe separating them will help), and it keeps putting "Page Ranking" when I hit submit reply.

Oh...public relations..

Ah, gotcha. I think. So you're unable to type the letters P and R together, without it autochanging over to "Page Ranking"?

Well I know that messagboards can be set up with autofilters... e.g. so that "shit" is automatically changed to "parrot" or something. Maybe Alex has something like that set up with those letters.

Or maybe it's just you. :mad:

(Actually it's not, I just put in P and R together and did a preview, and saw "Page Ranking" too)