Vet Search

39 posts in this topic

Happy to still be here and reading about cyber friends...
yes ... I'm still trying to wrestle with 10 lbs+.
But it is a fact that I'm not arguing with 90 lbs. still... it is NOT easy... I'm realizing that it probably will not be....frustrating, but healthier!!

It's really hard. I have no willpower if I see someone else eating sweets. I just end up binging on something later if I don't have some of what my friend or eating partner is having at the time.

I just need to have a few carb free days then I know it will get way easier but I can't seem to make that.

12 hours ago, Oregondaisy said:

It's really hard. I have no willpower if I see someone else eating sweets. I just end up binging on something later if I don't have some of what my friend or eating partner is having at the time.

I just need to have a few carb free days then I know it will get way easier but I can't seem to make that.

I just joined a 6 week body transformation - it is a food program plus high intensity workouts. It's a different approach, and I am only a week into it, so I am not sure I can recommend it yet. Bottom line, a lot more food - the idea is to prevent the hunger/binge on the wrong food cycle. It is heavy on very lean Protein, green veggies, healthy carbs (small portions) and small amount of healthy fats. No cheese, no wine - ha. For 6 weeks it is an abstinence approach to sugar, alcohol and most fats. Anyway, I had to have them cut my portions because it was too much food, but I have stuck with it beautifully, because it is very satiating. I know that is way different approach that many of us have taken in the past.

Week 1 I lost 4 pounds with zero hunger, but my bodyfat % did not change which was a little disappointing, but lets give it more time.... I will keep you posted.

13 hours ago, Oregondaisy said:

I just end up binging on something later if I don't have some of what my friend or eating partner is having at the time.

Like feeling deprived and making up for it later? That stuff's a b***h. Conquer her by eating the food you want.

The food I want isn't the right food! It's terrible. I could probably eat Taco Bell every day. Who even knows if that's all hamburger without fillers. I still love fast food, even though I can't eat a big portion.

I crave sweets all the time. It's very hard not to give into all the sweets I come across every single day.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:05 AM, Oregondaisy said:

I crave sweets all the time. It's very hard not to give into all the sweets I come across every single day.

Have you tried keep low carb/low calorie sweets on you? I try to keep something on me, so if I get tempted I have a better option. Lily's chocolate, Protein Bar, Protein brownie, keto cookie, something.

Long term I think it is better to have replacements than just try to flat out deprive yourself. At least it is working for me

On 8.11.2017 at 10:05 AM, Oregondaisy said:

The food I want isn't the right food! It's terrible. I could probably eat Taco Bell every day.

Have you ever looked into books about normal eating? I found them quite helpful when it came to thoughts like "I want junk food all the time and if I let loose I'm going to eat nothing but garbage and gain a ton".

I never though I would start craving the "healthy stuff" as well, but I did.

Glad to see some oldies...( ok. Veterans) on the board
I just want to go on and live my life in my own comfortable weight zone.
I used to say. Good weeks. So so weeks.
Good months ok months...
I do believe I'm onto Good years... some better than others...
they are all good. Just maybe not "lean" as I would
Like in a perfect life. Ha!