Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey All.

What do you guys think about setting up our goals mid-November early December. That way we can push and keep each other motivated?

Can we put a 2nd ticker with our mini-goalso or is it one ticker per person?

That way it will give our late October bandsters time to heal and get back to normal food.

I would like to be down 25-30 lbs by November 25th (bday)

I know to obtain this I have to start back to my exercising but I don't have the energy quite yet. I'm hoping this weekend i can get my boys back to their daily walks. I picked them up from boarding tonight & man I forgot how strong they are 120 lbs pulling is no joke right now.

I think this is a great idea to do goals! Will it be monthly goals or is there any timeline we want? I think you can do two tickers because I have seen them on the boards.

I really need to have a goal and a few people keeping an eye on me. I can eat most things in larger quantities than I should right now. Will be getting my first fill Dec 3rd.

Ok, so my goal for the next 5 weeks is 10 pounds. I know it could be more but I'll have to use willpower till my fill!!!

I want my ticker to be an exercise ticker. I am not so much interested in weight loss as I am in exercise. So starting November 1st I will put an exercise ticker on my signature. I think during the month of November I will focus on good old fashion walking. Maybe I will start tomorrow....Let me do some calculating....

Good idea Amy!

How many minutes per week were you advised to do? I'll have to ead my notes again, but I think it was 200 a week for me. I have bad knees so do aquaerobics and can't go in the Water for another week. Will try to do some slow walking in the meantime.

Just a bit off topic, but as a newly banded - still sipping fluids all day long- member of this forum, I have a question. Those of you who are eating too much because you haven't had your first fill yet, do you mean you are actually able to eat like you did before the band? I'm just curious because just the idea of chewing something and swallowing it and not feeling like someone put a golfball in my chest sounds so great right now....

I'm all for the GOALS idea too! I just don't know yet what's realistic since I'm still dragging around my hospital weight gain! What's UP with that anyway ??

Good morning .. and TGIF! :(

Judy

Judy, hang in there. It will get better. Each day will be a bit better. As for eating too much, for me it is more than I should be eating per my instructions. I don't eat nearly as much as I did prior to surgery, but I'm eating more than 1/2 c. of food per sitting. More like a cup. And that is ground up, pureed, whatever. So I know I"m over. I can't wait for my first fill just to get some more restriction.

Exercise......now that is where I would need to make some goals. I've been slacking pretty much, but will need to put my heart and soul in it. Setting a goal and ticker just might be my motivation to be accountable. Great idea. When do we have to start this?????? LOL

I think I am going for exercise goals because it is kind of hard this early to calculate weight loss because I don't really know how fast or slow it will come off since barely a little over a week out from banding. (But it has been coming off fast) At my follow up yesterday the exercise physiologist said we should be walking at this point- not too strenous for a few weeks while we heal up. And also in a week or two I can start incorporating some exercise bands/toning. So my first goal is going to be to walk on my treadmill for 20 minutes a day until the end of October. Then of course I will change it to more intense exercise in November. I will add an exercise ticker later today.

I love the idea of setting an excercise goal, my greatest weakness. I think for me, to start will be walking, daily.

Those of you who are eating too much because you haven't had your first fill yet, do you mean you are actually able to eat like you did before the band? I'm just curious because just the idea of chewing something and swallowing it and not feeling like someone put a golfball in my chest sounds so great right now....

Hi Judy,

Thank goodness I can't eat as much as before but I can eat normal foods. I had slices of toast this morning for Breakfast. I haven't had my coffee yet as you're supposed to wait 30 mins before drinking. I know I could but I don't want to wash everything through the band (if it's not there already) so I can hopefully stay satisfied for longer.

I'm not too fussed at the moment, I was really worried at first and thought the band was not going to work for me. I know though that when I get filled I'll get the level of satiety. I tend to graze all day but don't eat choc or ice cream so once I'm filled the band should stop me from eating as much as I will feel uncomfortable.

All the best.

Hi everyone....i'm pulling up the rear here....counting down to band day...october 31st....i think the exercise ticker is a great idea... can't wait to catch up to the rest of you......eileen

I am so ticked! I went to get on my treadmill yesterday to start my daily exercise goals, and it wouldn't work. I plugged other things in the outlet and it works- but it is like the treadmill is not getting power! I am so mad. I have to figure this out. I am so ready to get going on this exercise and then this! Ugh!