Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Post-Sleeve Rules Do You Break?

Oh, shucks.. cigarettes.. you can tell I'm tired. Hankering for smoked meats.. almost forgot which board I was on..
Well, I'm proud of you for steering clear! One day (hour, minute) at a time! You've got this! {Hugs}

I LOVE smoked meat! I want to buy an electric smoker (because yeah I'm lazy.... or busy!). Can you recommend a good one?

I have a small lump-charcoal grill (a Kamado Joe Jr.).. (and I'm just learning how to use it) so I can't be terribly helpful when it comes to electric ones. Sorry :(

The grilling community is as active on message boards as bariatric folk, so I bet you can find some good tips on one of those boards.

I have a small lump-charcoal grill (a Kamado Joe Jr.).. (and I'm just learning how to use it) so I can't be terribly helpful when it comes to electric ones. Sorry [emoji20]
The grilling community is as active on message boards as bariatric folk, so I bet you can find some good tips on one of those boards.

Thanks! I told DH this morning I wanted one for Christmas and that his assignment was to find me a good electric one!

I LOVE smoked meat! I want to buy an electric smoker (because yeah I'm lazy.... or busy!). Can you recommend a good one?

Nothing wrong with an electric smoker. I have a masterbuilt 40" I love! Use it all the time for pulled pork, rib, etc. the 30" is nice, but can't fit whole packer brisket or ribs as easily.

How many months are years are you post op? I love seltzer and have not touched it since my vsg. (I’m only a week out) I’m wondering when did you start back up as I have no intention of letting it go. I hate diet drinks and would much rather have seltzer.

I started drinking La Croix maybe 10 days out. I also have the occasional Diet Coke. I loved it before and now only mildly enjoy it so I’ve only had a few. I’m 2 months out. Worst thing it does is make me burp

You’ll be happy to know I now get my Vitamins, I have been crushing and mixing with hunny, naughty but if sugar but glad I’m getting my vitamins

I am 10 weeks out and lost 96lbs. The only rule I break is that I tend to eat too fast and because of that I sometimes eat too much before I realize I'm full then it hurts! I still sometimes have sips of Water during or after a meal if it's a bit dry or spicy. I take the Vitamins and have Vit B injections because I had a deficiency anyway. I try to drink the 2 litres of water. I drink coffee. I had my first one in the hospital! I try to limit it to 1-2 cups at home or 3-4 at work of which I usually leave at least half lol I sometimes get lazy on cooking veges. Carbs are part of my plan but other than crispbread that I have salmon on and brown rice I don't care if I never have them. bread and Pasta don't interest me. I haven't had any sweets at all. I don't really want to eat even sugar free sweets, I would prefer to just not have them in my diet for as long as I can. I haven't done too badly on rules I guess!

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app

You’ll be happy to know I now get my Vitamins, I have been crushing and mixing with hunny, naughty but if sugar but glad I’m getting my vitamins

That's awesome Rach84. I use BN Multi and BN Cal+D both WLS vitamins both chewable. Also Vit B injections because I had a B and D deficiency way before the surgery. From what I was told at the time Vit B deficiency is particularly bad and Vit D helps to absorb the Calcium. Good luck with your journey and great job taking on board the information that was given out. A lot of people get stubborn in these instances and think they know better. I'm learning something new everyday! I had the bypass 10 weeks ago roughly. I've lost 96lbs

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app

I see some people that responded saying they still eat the same foods they ate before, just less. I can't help wondering if that is a bad decision. Everything I have read and researched on successfully maintaining your weight loss says not to do this. I'm not talking about once in a while having a small treat, but really eating the same junk, fast food, processed sugar, ect.. ect..
I'm not sure why you would go through all of this and not take advantage of the opportunity to change your lifestyle and adopt healthier eating habits? Im just asking because I am really curious if many people 2-4 years out are still able to maintain a healthy weight eating junk?

Some people don't have an issue with the type of food they eat. For myself, it was always about bingeing. Now that I literally cannot binge, I haven't had any issue with the foods I eat. I don't feel connected to food in the same way anymore.

I eat fast food (moreso now because our kitchen is being completely renovated) and I am still losing weight and being healthy overall.

I eat what I should about 90% of the time . . . the other 10% leaves room for an occasional sweet or carby food.

My macros look good overall. Perfection was never my goal. :)

Halloween permits candy on my personal "plan".. not my doc's recommendation..

I'm 7 months out so can try what I want.

I haven't had candy since surgery, so had no idea what would work. (I did have fudge, but it wasnt good).

Tried a small bite of twizzler, and baby tummy hated it! Tried a small bite of York peppermint patty.. that was a mistake... horrible horrible mint..kinda burned! Those were my favorites preop, too!

3rd times the charm. Tried a Payday, and it was super good (better than preop). Ate the whole thing.. it was one of those little 3 inch long ones... snack size or something.

No more candy until Easter!

I pretty much break all of them but I'm also 6 some years out. In the beginning though I didn't follow the drinking 30 before meals. I suffered, but always broke it. And ALWAYS drank a ton of coffee, I don't function without it. More coffee than any other liquid. Coffee all day every day.