Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Post-Sleeve Rules Do You Break?

I'm allowed 3 crackers with tuna or hummus etc. a day. for a few days I was eating that 2x - 3x a day. Then I wasn't really losing. So yesterday I stopped the crackers totally and lost a pound. Carbs are my enemy. Peanut Butter works fine to get my cravings. And for a crunch I feel I need I eat Moon Cheese from Starbucks. No carbs.

What is Moon cheese?

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

My biggest secret... I have a cheat day once a week or maybe once every 2 weeks. I eat whatever I want for a whole day. It’s usually pizza or Mexican food. I can’t handle much sugar due to dumping syndrome, otherwise I’d probably be eating cupcakes on my cheat day too. Actually, today was my cheat day and I had seriously amazing pizza from a local pizzeria. I also had a tiny Mississippi mud cookie.

Cheat days are how I keep myself on track every other day. If I have a craving for something I just remind myself that if I wait until Saturday I can have whatever I want. It keeps me focused.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

My biggest secret... I have a cheat day once a week or maybe once every 2 weeks. I eat whatever I want for a whole day. It’s usually pizza or Mexican food. I can’t handle much sugar due to dumping syndrome, otherwise I’d probably be eating cupcakes on my cheat day too. Actually, today was my cheat day and I had seriously amazing pizza from a local pizzeria. I also had a tiny Mississippi mud cookie.

Cheat days are how I keep myself on track every other day. If I have a craving for something I just remind myself that if I wait until Saturday I can have whatever I want. It keeps me focused.

Wow, 4 months out, down 100 lbs and already at goal. You’re rockin’ it!!

Wow, 4 months out, down 100 lbs and already at goal. You’re rockin’ it!!

Oh thanks so much! I’m doing my best!

I’m naughty......

So I don’t take my Multi Vitamins or my Calcium tablet, they taste gross and make me feel nausea , I’m just praying my hair doesn’t fall out.

I had my surgery 22.8.17, I’m down 37 pound 17 kilos

I rarely hit my Water intake goal

I on the odd occasion have sugar and on the weekend I have a drink occasionally.

I’m naughty......

So I don’t take my Multi Vitamins or my Calcium tablet, they taste gross and make me feel nausea , I’m just praying my hair doesn’t fall out.

I had my surgery 22.8.17, I’m down 37 pound 17 kilos

I rarely hit my Water intake goal

I on the odd occasion have sugar and on the weekend I have a drink occasionally.

I know this is supposed to be for fun, but I feel I have to say something. My best friend died after WLS. She died about a year post op due to not taking Vitamins. She insisted she didn’t need them, that she was getting vitamins from food. She said she was losing weight fine and didn’t want them because they made her feel sick. She died at the age of 28 and left behind 2 toddlers and a devastated family.

Many people say, “well my blood work is fine”. Vitamin deficiency actually takes a long time to show up in blood work (several months at least) due to the way your body tries to keep vitamins stored as a backup. By the time they are detected, oftentimes permanent damage is already done. Aside from death, deficiencies can cause irreversible damage to your body.

Please don’t be angered by my post. I really am not trying to lecture you. And maybe you know all of these things already. If so, then I apologize and you are of course free to do with your body whatever you please. But some people are just simply unaware of the possible consequences. I wish someone had come along and given this info to my friend and possibly saved her life.

Maybe there are other options for you such as a Vitamin Patch? Or the Tespo vitamin system which is just a once daily liquid “shot” of vitamins that doesn’t taste too badly actually.

I’m going to attach some screen shots of how vitamin deficiencies can effect your body. Again, I apologize if this is unwanted information. But maybe one person will find some use for it.

Thank you, Finnix. I was going to say something, but you did me one better.

@Rach84 not all Vitamins are the same. Keep trying different ones until you find some you can tolerate. I personally can't do whole pills, so I get chewables and powdered ones.

Unfortunately, gummies aren't terribly useful.

Make sure your Calcium is citrate (not carbonate). We can't absorb carbonate effectively.

Thank you, Finnix. I was going to say something, but you did me one better.
[mention=326207]Rach84[/mention] not all Vitamins are the same. Keep trying different ones until you find some you can tolerate. I personally can't do whole pills, so I get chewables and powdered ones.
Unfortunately, gummies aren't terribly useful.
Make sure your Calcium is citrate (not carbonate). We can't absorb carbonate effectively.

Thank you, berry. I just cringe when I see things like this because I wonder if people are aware of the very real dangers.

Here are the Vitamin supplements that I take. The brand is Bariatric Advantage and they are pretty good. I actually look forward to them. The texture and taste are very much like Starbursts. I also take the same brand of Calcium supplements in this same type of chewable but I didn’t have the packaging for those with me. IMG_3342.JPG

1. I never get my full amount of Water in.
2. I smoke wayy too much weed. I've been smoking pretty much everyday since my surgery luckily I don't get munchies. The week of my surgery and three weeks after I vaped only.
3. I don't chew my food enough.
4. I have sugar on occasion.
5. I push myself way to hard when I exercise.
6. Missing my Vitamins at least two days a week.

6 weeks post op and absolutely loving my sleeve. I feel like I have the prefect amount of restriction. I can still actually enjoy food some what and lose weight I'm loving it.

This is a great thread. I've drank coffee since day 2 cause my surgeon said it's fine. Today I broke the 2 week liquid only diet and had Cream of Wheat with almond milk and blueberries and I feel full and fine.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you, Berry. I just cringe when I see things like this because I wonder if people are aware of the very real dangers.

Here are the Vitamin supplements that I take. The brand is Bariatric Advantage and they are pretty good. I actually look forward to them. The texture and taste are very much like Starbursts. I also take the same brand of Calcium supplements in this same type of chewable but I didn’t have the packaging for those with me. IMG_3342.thumb.JPG.a28318cabd5c4b061f5fc45798a56ffc.JPG

I didn’t know this

I didn’t know this

That’s what we’re all here for... to learn from each other. I hope you find the information useful. If you need any help finding Vitamins that don’t make you nauseous, I am happy to help. I will even send you some of mine to try out since they are fairly expensive and you wouldn’t want to waste money on an entire bag if you couldn’t tolerate them.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, DisneyMom2El said:

My doctor didn't have a lot of rules regarding diet, just restrictions for healing after surgery (such as straws, cleared to use at 2 weeks, no diet restrictions after 6 weeks). In fact, I remember telling him how I couldn't imagine going the rest of my life without certain foods, and what comforted me most was him saying I can eat whatever I want, I'll just eat less.

I drink pop - full calorie- on occasion.

I don't chew my food a certain number of times (again, this was only suggested to me while still recovering from surgery and to make sure I didn't hurt myself).

I drink liquids up until I eat, but I do wait after or I'll feel miserable.

I eat sweets if I want them. One benefit of surgery is that I can limit how much I eat and many no longer appeal to me.

I eat carbs. My nutritionist actually said I should be eating more carbs than Protein by 6 months.

I'm 9 months out and went from a size 20/22 to an 8, my goal size, though I am going to keep going until at least a 6 and re-evaluate then.

My NUT said the same thing about the carbs and Protein. She told me at my last visit with her that I should start shifting my diet from a protein heavy diet to a vegetable heavy diet for long term maintenance.