Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nobody ever responds

That's kind of a tall order for a message board... you need help with a food plan. Did your doctor or nutritionist give you guidelines? There are so many different plans! If you read through some posts or do a search you will find lots of information.

It's hard to know where to begin answering a question like that.

To get you started, how about nothing bready or starchy or sweet at all? This way, you will starve out any gut bugs who are causing cravings for any of those foods. No juice, fruit, fake sugar drinks, fake sugar desserts, bread, tortillas, rice, pastas. Instead, focus on Protein foods and make sure one meal has protein powder in it because no food has as much protein in that low of volume food. Protein first. Three bites protein for each bite veggies, and protein first.

Bake, grill, sauté veggies. Buy a bunch of root veggies and greens and cook them up. Have a whole bunch of cooked veggies in the fridge each week ready to snack on or fill out your protein meals. I slice them, rub them with olive ol, sprinkle sea salt, and bake at 400 for 30-50 mins depending which veggie is being used.

The more fruit you eat the more sweets you crave. My nutritionist says fruit is really just sugar bombs. Get your Vitamins from colorful veggies. Add other spices too, make it yummy. Eat your favorite Proteins, fill up on them.

This is a good start, and you can still follow or make some other more formal eating plan, but focusing on your protein and veggies is at least a step in the right direction.

And of course drink that Water.

To get you started, how about nothing bready or starchy or sweet at all? This way, you will starve out any gut bugs who are causing cravings for any of those foods. No juice, fruit, fake sugar drinks, fake sugar Desserts, bread, tortillas, rice, pastas. Instead, focus on Protein foods and make sure one meal has Protein Powder in it because no food has as much protein in that low of volume food. Protein first. Three bites protein for each bite veggies, and protein first.
Bake, grill, sauté veggies. Buy a bunch of root veggies and greens and cook them up. Have a whole bunch of cooked veggies in the fridge each week ready to snack on or fill out your protein meals. I slice them, rub them with olive ol, sprinkle sea salt, and bake at 400 for 30-50 mins depending which veggie is being used.
The more fruit you eat the more sweets you crave. My nutritionist says fruit is really just sugar bombs. Get your Vitamins from colorful veggies. Add other spices too, make it yummy. Eat your favorite Proteins, fill up on them.
This is a good start, and you can still follow or make some other more formal eating plan, but focusing on your protein and veggies is at least a step in the right direction.
And of course drink that Water.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

That's kind of a tall order for a message board... you need help with a food plan. Did your doctor or nutritionist give you guidelines? There are so many different plans! If you read through some posts or do a search you will find lots of information.

It's hard to know where to begin answering a question like that.

Just moved to a small town from San Diego and there is no Baratric surgeon even remotely close that's why I was asking for some assistance from the community after all this is what this forum is for Thank you

Did your surgeon not give you guidelines when you had surgery?

The above advice is solid and it's how I eat but other plans have different recommendation.

Also, the goal is nutrient dense foods/meals. I go to Pinterest for lots of food ideas.

Yes Ayanna, pinterest has alot of Bariactic food meals for each stage of your Journey!
I also found a cookbook on Amazon for about $11 called simply "Baricatric Cookbook". It was written by a Bariactric spealist ( think a sugeon. I dont remember) the recipes are also for each stage of your meal plan. From the Clear liquid diet to when you can start to introduce solid foods back into your diet!
I hope this was helpful for you! Best wishes!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

This is what my nutritionist recommends: a 2-3-3 ratio for Protein. Three meals a day, 2 oz of lean protein at Breakfast, 3 oz each at lunch and dinner. Alternatively, breakfast can be 5-6 oz of greek yogurt. Complement the protein with healthy green vegetables and low-sugar fruits like berries, but make sure you eat the protein first. Feel free to use low-sugar/low-calorie dressings or dips to help food go down easy, but don't over do it. Keep snacking to a minimum and high in protein. Get in at least 64 oz Water. Minimize intake of sugars and starches.

I'm 9 months post op currently. Per my NUT right now I'm eating about 90 grams of Protein a day with 100 grams of carbs. This personally is working for me but many people eat far less carbs. Also my NUT wants me to start moving from a heavy protein based diet to a even vegetable/protein diet as I approach goal (I'm 10 pounds away currently). So right now I'm eating about 6 ounces of food with 3-4 ounces of it protein per meal. As I get closer to a cup of food per meal she wants me eating 2-3 ounces protein, 3-4 ounces veggie an 1-2 ounces starch per meal Also she stresses that starches are an important part of the diet so I make sure I'm still eating starch with each meal, but only about 1 oz currently.

Edited by Sullie06