Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two days of clears is AWFUL

Surgery is tomorrow, I am on day two of Clear Liquids and it is awful.

I was dreaming about food last night.

This his been the most challenging part of the preop experience.

I have to get through today and surgery is in the morning.

I am so damn hungry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery is tomorrow, I am on day two of clear liquids and it is awful.
I was dreaming about food last night.
This his been the most challenging part of the preop experience.
I have to get through today and surgery is in the morning.
I am so damn hungry.

I had to do 2 full weeks of shakes and clear liquids. You got this. It'll be worth the suffering!

Good luck. I know it's hard. I had clear liquids for one day before surgery, then 2 days after, now on full liquids for a month. OMG, all I can think about is food. I tell you, every tv ad, tv show, movie, magazine, is all about food. I'm feeling the challenge. The hospital nearly wrecked me on chicken broth. God, I don't know what they served...vile swill. It was so bad, that I thought my tastebuds had changed, as some had said they would. I had my mom take a taste, so I'd know for sure, and when she nearly gagged, I knew the truth. Now, I can hardly stand the thought of chicken broth. I've got to get over this. I have 25 days to go on liquids.

So good luck, may the Gods of chicken broth smile on you, and know that you are strong enough to do this.... : )

Thank you.
I just drank some beef broth I made and it was actually good.
It's pretty sad when you are enjoying broth.
I have started the antibiotics to cleanse my GI and my appetite is going away.
Surgery is in the morning and I am scared.

Thank you.
I just drank some beef broth I made and it was actually good.
It's pretty sad when you are enjoying broth.
I have started the antibiotics to cleanse my GI and my appetite is going away.
Surgery is in the morning and I am scared.

I LOVED broth when I went through that. It was a godsend. Now I can't even stomach the smell of it. I still make myself a cup once in a while bc I loved it so much and one sip makes me want to die. It's amazing how good it is before and how it is the actual devil after!

Keep it up! We got your back!!

The preop diet and clear liquids were so hard for me! Honestly, it was the hardest part of the whole process. I'm 3 weeks out and it's easier bc we have a new stomach that needs to heal. But, before surgery when our stomachs are still normal and we can still tolerate our old diets, it was HELL for me too!!! Omg-hardest part!! You're almost there!! The first 48-72 hours are tough but you'll have pain meds. You'll also feel yourself getting better and better every day. Head hunger still sucks but those two weeks preop were tough! Hang in there!!!! Take a lot of naps! I made myself sleep so I wldnt think about it!!

5'7 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 235 At 2 week post op GW: 150
Fantasy GW: 135 Sleeved 8/7

Yeah, the preop diet was rough but at least I could eat real food.
Two days of clear liquids has been rough.
Like you said, I have my huge stomach that is used to eating a ton of food and clear liquids isn't cutting it.
I have laid down alot today but I am home alone with my kids, so my napping is over.
Surgery is tomorrow morning at 9:30 Arizona time.
Think positive thoughts for me, and pray for me.

Yeah, the preop diet was rough but at least I could eat real food.
Two days of clear liquids has been rough.
Like you said, I have my huge stomach that is used to eating a ton of food and clear liquids isn't cutting it.
I have laid down alot today but I am home alone with my kids, so my napping is over.
Surgery is tomorrow morning at 9:30 Arizona time.
Think positive thoughts for me, and pray for me.

Good luck tomorrow!!! I had 10 days clear preop
And am still on liquids going into my 4th week post op. I get purées by week 5.... so can't wait!

Band to SIPS/SA-DI/LOOP DS 8.8.17
HT: 5'6ish HW: 242 SW: 226 CW: 207 GW: Healthy

I've been dreading the liquid pre-op diet so much that I started it 2 days early so I could just get on with it and stop the anxiety/dread. About to end day 2, which was way easier than day 1. I don't dread the surgery or fluids after when my stomach will be smaller and sore. I almost backed out, I had gotten so worked up dreading this part.

Good luck on your surgery! You are going to do great! Hang in there. I'm only 5 days out, but I can tell a difference in how I feel already, since it' happened. Just take it slow and easy.

Nice part is since our tummy is smaller, you're not as hungry, so you don't need to eat all the time, and thank God for that, because the choices post-op are pretty limited at first.

Thank you.
I am so hungry right now.
Just sitting here drinking ice Water.
Getting ready to go to sleep.
I am scared and anxious for tomorrow.
I have to do this, I will literally eat myself to death if I don't.

I was scared too. Before you know it, it will be over. You'll be waking up in recovery. Just to relax you, I'm gonna tell you what I think is a funny story about my experience. Background-I'm a pharmacy technician. I am routinely asked to work on prescriptions for out of town Kaiser Permanente visitors. They show up to my pharmacy and expect me to have their stuff ready quick, but it's a long drawn out process to transfer their orders from their home pharmacy to mine, and get the insurance straightened out and such. Hawaii is a place we see several from.

Morning of surgery, I'm in the pre-op, and anesthesiologist is seeing me, asking me to pick a place I'd like to visit for a couple of hours. I've never been to Hawaii, so that's my destination. He puts the mask on my face, and the next thing I know, I'm coming to, in post-op...First words out of my mouth were to tell him that I finally had the prescriptions ready for those Hawaiian people. He could call them to pick them up anytime...LOL

So crazy. I was working during surgery!!! Anyway, relax, a whole new journey is just around the corner. You are going to do great! I'll pray for you, and Aloha!!!

That's pretty funny, you must have been stressed about work.
My wife and I have to drive like 1.5 hours to get to my surgeon, so I will have a long car ride to stress and then all the preop stuff.
Plus, I hate getting IV's put in.

Still praying for you. By now, you are probably almost done with surgery. I'm so proud of you!!! GO Walter!!!