Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I regret this surgery

First I want to say that your feelings are valid. I'm going through something similar in that I've been more so disappointed with the results so far and wish I did a different type of surgery. And it's ok to admit that. But don't let your disappointment derail all that you've accomplished so far. And know that it gets better. It's easier said than done, trying to stay positive but it's what has to happen. I'm rooting for you and know you're not alone

19 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I think it is important for people to hear all sides of post-op life. Everyone isn't happy or thrilled with their post-op results or life.

I read the good and the bad and decided it was still the best option for me.

OP is unhappy, let her be unhappy. She is struggling and having a hard time. She is allowed to voice that opinion. Everyone doesn't have an easy recovery. Mine was smooth and easy but I know that isn't the case for everyone.

If someone is dumb enough to let a post on an internet forum really influence their health decisions, they are getting the life they deserve.

I really don't get why you guys are trying to silence her. People post they are miserable like every single day. Let them.

You have mis understood , I did not once say anyone should 1. sugar coat anything. 2 not be honest and say things are crap if they are crap. My only point is i felt she perhaps should not be advicing people to not get something not knowing their medical condition/state as to whether it would benefit them or not, I had no issue with her stating she is having a hard time.. I did not once say she should not do that.

I have been nice on this thread , so I will leave now. as I have shown support, and even shared when I struggled so why would i in the next breath be saying " shshhhh only talk when you happy girl" when that is not what i said.

But yeah it does not mean people are dumb when they are influenced by someones REAL and LIVED experience. How I handled myself post op was thanks to alot I heard from random people, it helped. Also nerves set in and say day before people see someone saying do not get the surgery can set doubt into peoples mind. But by all means say this surgery is sh*** and they wish they had not got it.

I don't want to argue with anyone, I was trying to offer the lady support and thats it. I knew someone would be negitive but I can not even be bothered when what I said is clear. I will just unsubcribe to the post, so you dont have to waste your energy responding to my post.

First I want to say that your feelings are valid. I'm going through something similar in that I've been more so disappointed with the results so far and wish I did a different type of surgery. And it's ok to admit that. But don't let your disappointment derail all that you've accomplished so far. And know that it gets better. It's easier said than done, trying to stay positive but it's what has to happen. I'm rooting for you and know you're not alone [emoji177]

I'm trying soooo hard. Like trying to explain my feelings to people and I get some of these negative reactions and it's like I'm not trying to be the bad guy I'm not trying to stop people or anything. It's just super super rough for me right now and It feels good to know that I'm not crazy and sound stupid and insane. So thank you I appreciate that.

Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

???????????????????????????

Thank you so much you have no idea how helpful you are too me right now. If I could just give and big hug and cry right now I would. God bless you.

Hang in there. There are a lot of parts of this that are hard. This week, I've been fantasizing about a BLT sandwich. My wife said, would you even want bacon right now if you could have it? Ugh, no. I would hurl. Bread/ Nope. Tomatoes or lettuce? No, not yet. Then why do I think about it? Because after a bunch of broth and Protein Shakes, I'd kill to eat something with more than one part, where all of the parts had separate flavors!

I'm sorry you're feeling left out socially. That sucks. But this is the hard part. It gets easier and easier as it goes... Or so they say. You'll find out soon and I will not long after...

Sending you good thoughts.

what you are feeling is normal. Some people get the feelings of dread and depression and some do not. Just know and take to heart that it is usually temporary.

Remember that we used to eat to soothe our feelings and now we cannot. Outside of the physical stress your body is under recovering from surgery that is huge! We need to find other ways to deal with stress (mine is shopping...don't follow in my footsteps ;) ).

You will adjust, you will heal. you will be on here in a couple of months saying you would do it again 10x over. that is the experience of the vast majority.

I was a revision from a lap band and even knowing how the healing process goes, I still went through moments of feeling like "OMG I will be burping non stop for the rest of my life" (I'm not). or "I'll never be able to drink Water again!" (drinking some now).

I will tell you that on another board there is a 3 day post op patient spending his days reading horror stories and researching reversals. no complications, no issues...just extreme anxiety and buyers remorse. people are counseling him to get emotional therapeutic help because he is not thinking rationally and could do something that would actually harm him.

You are doing 200x better by comparison. I sincerely hope he will get help. You will come out of this. This too shall pass.

Hang in there. There are a lot of parts of this that are hard. This week, I've been fantasizing about a BLT sandwich. My wife said, would you even want bacon right now if you could have it? Ugh, no. I would hurl. Bread/ Nope. Tomatoes or lettuce? No, not yet. Then why do I think about it? Because after a bunch of broth and Protein Shakes, I'd kill to eat something with more than one part, where all of the parts had separate flavors!
I'm sorry you're feeling left out socially. That sucks. But this is the hard part. It gets easier and easier as it goes... Or so they say. You'll find out soon and I will not long after...
Sending you good thoughts.

Thank you I do think about foods but it's like I don't really want to eat it I think I may get sick. I guess the problem for me is finding something to deal with stress etc. thank you

what you are feeling is normal. Some people get the feelings of dread and depression and some do not. Just know and take to heart that it is usually temporary.
Remember that we used to eat to soothe our feelings and now we cannot. Outside of the physical stress your body is under recovering from surgery that is huge! We need to find other ways to deal with stress (mine is shopping...don't follow in my footsteps [emoji6] ).
You will adjust, you will heal. you will be on here in a couple of months saying you would do it again 10x over. that is the experience of the vast majority.
I was a revision from a lap band and even knowing how the healing process goes, I still went through moments of feeling like "OMG I will be burping non stop for the rest of my life" (I'm not). or "I'll never be able to drink Water again!" (drinking some now).
I will tell you that on another board there is a 3 day post op patient spending his days reading horror stories and researching reversals. no complications, no issues...just extreme anxiety and buyers remorse. people are counseling him to get emotional therapeutic help because he is not thinking rationally and could do something that would actually harm him.
You are doing 200x better by comparison. I sincerely hope he will get help. You will come out of this. This too shall pass.

Thank you as far as the shopping goes Idk I try on clothes and some stuff still seems the same to me so idk. I feel like In the future I will want to shop. Thank you I really appreciate your comment

Everyone has moments/days/weeks where everything is painful and difficult both physically and emotionally. I promise you you will feel different in the coming months. Three weeks isn't long enough to truly enjoy the benefits of weight loss, and everyone is right that you will be able to eat what you want (doesn't mean you should necessarily) at about a year out. I've maintained my 100 pound weight loss and have eaten all of my favorite foods at times, but always in moderation because the sleeve gave me that tool. It is a hard place to be in right now, but you can do this. And if it helps to move into acceptance, there's no turning back now! I wish you luck and keep seeking support on this site. It's a lifesaver. Also, ignores the haters! We all are human.

7 hours ago, QueenTiff said:

I am on week 3 post op and I feel like I made the biggest mistake in my life. I'm reading how my favorite foods is a no go and I'll never eat it in my life again. Here I am struggling to meet my goal of Protein and Water. I can't enjoy life with my friends. I'm over this sleeve people who wants to get it I tell them don't. I'm trying to find the beauty in all this but right now I feel like I ruined my life.

Tiffani

oh I hear you!!! I was in full blown regret at your stage, I cried for a week. It's not easy, You WILL find your new normal, you will enjoy life again and you WILL feel like a normal person. I was in misery at your point. I was so sad and scared and worried and full of "What did I do, at least I had food to keep me happy before!" But it got better, you will feel better. Try having some mashed potatoes. I'm not kidding. Some carbs and fats, it was on my approved list. It helped me realize I WILL get to live like a "normal" person again.

7 hours ago, Siyaa Ela said:

Are u serious?? I'm dying to have this surgery and u got it and talk like this? Woah

Wow, that was a lot of judgement coming from someone who has no idea where that other woman is coming from. So because you want the surgery nobody is allowed to express any form of regret or suffering?

7 hours ago, jaminator said:

You shouldve known beforehand it would change what and how much you can eat. If only three weeks you need to stick with the program and put off these kind of thoughts. Once you are healed and back to normal foods you will enjoy life more, but you wont be able to sit there and eat a giant cheeseburger like before. THats a reality you will need to accept. Until you are three months out i would focus on hydration and Protein and take it one day at a time. A couple months of following the plan will not affect you in the long run if you are playing the long game here.

Am I in Bizzaro Land?? So many judgmental people!!!! Holy CRAP.

6 hours ago, jaminator said:

Well if you didnt want an honest answer/opinion, then why pose the question in the first place? Seems like you are taking the answer put forth too personally. If you dont want honest discussion, thats fine, I will make sure not to respond to your posts.

You are being rude.