Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For fun, please help! Clothing Size vs. BMI?

Hey, y'all! I would love it if everyone would chime in and give as many answers as they can.

Based on this size chart, what size are/were you, and what was your BMI?

If you are between sizes, go down a size, and if your waist is a different size than your hips, then choose the larger size.

And if the chart doesn't cover your size, just guess by adding a couple inches per size.

Size Chart - Women - Pants & Shorts

Size----- 00--- 0---- 2 -----4--- 6----- 8 -----10--- 12--- 14--- 16--- 18
Waist 25---26---27--- 28-- 29--- 30 ----31--- 32--- 33--- 34--- 36
Hips 34--- 35-- 36--- 37 --38--- 39 ---40 ---41--- 43--- 45--- 47

Plus Sizes

Size --14W 16W--- 18W ---20W--- 22W--- 24W--- 26W ---28W--- 30W ---32W--- 34W
Waist---- 36.5 ----- 38 40 ----42 44 46 48 ----50 53 ----55 58 - 59
Hips 44.5 46 48 ----50 52 54 56 ----58 60 ----62 64

Size Chart - Men - Pants & Shorts

Size X-Small -----Small -----Medium -----Large -----X-Large----- 2XL -----3XL -----4XL -------5XL
Waist -----26 -------28 ------32 -------36 ------40 44 -----50 -----54 --------58 - 60
Hips -----32 -------34 ------38 -------42 ------46 48.5 -----50 -----54----- ---58 - 60

I only know my starting measurement, and current measurement.

I started at a BMI of 47.8 and I was size 30w.

My current BMI is 37 and I am a size 20w.

Ok, I put dashes as place holders, and it seems easy enough to read now.

Let's say you're a man with a 42" waist.. you'll be size x-large.

I am still pre-surgery, but years ago I was even bigger than I am now.

My heaviest I was over 300 pounds and my scale couldn't tell me my actual weight so I have no idea just how heavy I really was. I split out the backside of 5X pants when I bent over. I wore a tight 32w and my waist was over 56 inches around. My BMI was over 51.

Currently I am still very obese, but much smaller and healthier than I was at my worst. I weigh between 260-250 and currently losing a few pounds. Depending on the clothes I can wear between 2X-L. I wear size 18w-20w & an occasional 16. My current BMI just got down to 40.

I have a long way to go yet, but I also have already come a long way from where I once was. Can't wait to see where I will be in 6 months from now or how far I will be in a year from now.

I was a size 32/34 and my BMI was over 60.

I am now size 18/20 and my BMI is 41.

Edited by Airstream88

And my waist is currently 44 inches.

size 16, BMI 36

My BMI is 22. I wear between a size 2 and 4.

My preoperative BMI was 41 and I wore a size 20.

Edited by Introversion

You guys are doing great! I'm gonna make a chart, compiling the responses and see if we can make anything of it...

I'm going to mess up your chart! My correlation is freakish larger than anyone else's here. My starting BMI was 34 and I was wearing 18/20. I weighed 205. Why is my fat so light and fluffy and taking up all that room??

one week post op my bmi is 31 and I'm still fine in my size 18s.

I don't know my current measurements, but I started at 256 lbs with a bmi of 51. I wore a size 20 in jeans and usually wore a 24/26 in dresses for the ta-ta's. I am now 220 lbs, but I wear leggings now, so cant tell you my jean size. But i got into a size 18 dress recently. And a torrid size 2 is very loose.

I don't know some clothes fit differently. Like yesterday i had a tank top that said 2xl which fit perfectly but then Sunday i tried on a 30w shirt and it was tight.

Sw 379

Cw 318

Size 36w

Size varies now 36w is loose 54dd bra is loose also

Pre-op 298 lbs/BMI was 47/Size 22/24
Current 161 lbs/BMI is 25/Size 8/10?