Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Yesterday 7/19 - having trouble!!

Yes, it is normal to be put on puree diet after any bariayric surgery. The stomach staple line has to heal and chunks of food can get caught and cause terrible complications. Follow the diet to the utmost, also consult your medical staff with any questions and concerns! Puree is a very normal and safe phase. My surgeon advanced me to a soft diet after 30 days. Dont worry!

Sent from my SM-J320P using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, NikkiWorldJourney said:

You had said on the purée you were eating eggs and tuna and cheese. Those were not allowed on my purée diet. Those were 4 weeks out for me on the soft food diet. I'd be curious how many leaks/abscesses they have with that diet at only two days out. Did they give you a leak test before the diet started?

They have had none. I'm the second case ever with the abscess. Btw anything can be puréed with a food processor. Seems you need to do more research past what ur doctors did because I did going in myself.

You never said you puréed the food. You originally came on in severe pain and people were suggesting some things to look into that might help. I am the queen of research. I'm a badass researching Mom so don't even try it. None of us that were asking about the food were insulting you we were just offering something to look into. If you don't want anybody commenting why post at all. I'm very sorry your going through complications. I do hope you feel better soon. And why would you purée cheese or even how. The number one suggestion for complications and pain is to step back on food to liquid and call your Surgeon. You said yourself they pushed on your stomach and sent you home even though you had a fever. Doesn't sound right.

You never said you puréed the food. You originally came on in severe pain and people were suggesting some things to look into that might help. I am the queen of research. I'm a badass researching Mom so don't even try it. None of us that were asking about the food were insulting you we were just offering something to look into. If you don't want anybody commenting why post at all. I'm very sorry your going through complications. I do hope you feel better soon. And why would you purée cheese or even how. The number one suggestion for complications and pain is to step back on food to liquid and call your Surgeon. You said yourself they pushed on your stomach and sent you home even though you had a fever. Doesn't sound right.

Amen Nikki!!! For someone who is having so many complications and cannot be worried about food phases he has plenty of time to bash anyone that tries to give words of encouragement.

Don't take offense to suggestions. Seems you were insulted and took it personal.

Im confused on someone who does so much research doesn't realize everything on a purée diet is puréed? So I'm suppose to say every food name is suppose be followed by the word purée?

Also are there any recipes for pureed foods? Isn't it food that is put in a blender?

26 minutes ago, Goggyween said:

Also are there any recipes for pureed foods? Isn't it food that is put in a blender?

Yes, baked Ricotta is an infamous one on this forum that's delicious also.

1 hour ago, Kyle Lukas said:

Don't take offense to suggestions. Seems you were insulted and took it personal.

Im confused on someone who does so much research doesn't realize everything on a purée diet is puréed? So I'm suppose to say every food name is suppose be followed by the word purée?

Excuse me for asking a question. I just never pureed any of my food. I did a lot of smoothies. And of course, we all do a lot of research. No need to get nasty

1 hour ago, Kyle Lukas said:

Edited by Goggyween

Thank you for suggesting that.

On 7/29/2017 at 6:05 PM, southernbellair79 said:

How much does the Vitamin IV cost??

I was really searching - those places that are like hangover refreshers, they cost upwards of $350. But I found a little naturopathic doctor who offered it for $150. It's what I would have spent on food for myself last week, right?? ;)

I got a green Vitamin IV in the hospital the other day, it definitely increases your sense of well being.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:04 PM, Kyle Lukas said:

I feel like absolute crap!! I mean this is rough. More then I thought it was. Had a battle nauesouia after taking my bedtime meds on an empty stomach.

i feel like I have a fever, but granted I was covered up with a lot of clothing.

i have body ache and god forbid I have to get up and out of a seat and sit down, it is rough and everything hurts and is tight.

Im trying to see what everyone else had. I'm really concerned and praying this gets better.

i also had an emotional bought where I was crying at home today!! I'm just all over the place

Totally normal Sucks but normal, it will all pass and it will all be worth it. :)