Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Yesterday 7/19 - having trouble!!

Yes the doctor has me on a purée diet immediately.

Wow that sounds really fast. Most of use are on liquid's for 2-3 weeks before we move to puree food stage.

I am so sorry for your complication. I was told that for 95% of patents surgery is VERY worth it but for the very few with one of the two big complications, it isn't. We all hope like hell not to be the one with the complications. I'm sorry.
i am one week plus two days out, what is that, day 9? I have had no serious pain or nausea, though I stayed on my liquid oxy for two days post surgery. I've been weak, and sipping fluids has been difficult, but I've slept very well, and have started getting enough Protein daily. Today I spent the whole day on the go (helping my son look for his first apartment) so I'm pretty tired. I plan to rest all weekend.
I want people to know it's been a calm and not unpleasant recovery for me the first week. I've slept on my side with my body pillow since night 4. I haven t been really hungry like we felt on the pre op. But when I'm really weak I'm learning I need more Protein Powder. So I sip it a lot. It's like a new hungry.
i helped my dehydration by paying for a Vitamin IV and I'll do it each week.
i wish no one had to have any surgical complications!

How much does the vitamin IV cost??

1 hour ago, southernbellair79 said:

Wow that sounds really fast. Most of use are on liquid's for 2-3 weeks before we move to puree food stage.

What's your point? U think I'm worried about a diet while going through all this pain and terribleness sleeping in a hospital and in pain since day 1 where I couldn't walk straight move or function on my own?

She is responding to your original post, which is a valid point. I as well was suprised as to all you were allowed to eat only a few days out and thought it might be connected to such early on pain. Eating soft foods so soon can cause pain as well as leaks so it was a valid point to bring up in regards to a lot of your symptoms.

What's your point? U think I'm worried about a diet while going through all this pain and terribleness sleeping in a hospital and in pain since day 1 where I couldn't walk straight move or function on my own?

Kyle my only point which others have made on this thread was maybe taking a step back to full liquid would give you some relive. I see that you have been back to the Hopsital and I hope you are on the mend. Best with your journey.

2 minutes ago, NikkiWorldJourney said:

She is responding to your original post, which is a valid point. I as well was suprised as to all you were allowed to eat only a few days out and thought it might be connected to such early on pain. Eating soft foods so soon can cause pain as well as leaks so it was a valid point to bring up in regards to a lot of your symptoms.

I've had zero pain from eating, zero. This is another common practice, maybe not your physician but I would search on here to see

Hi Kyle, what do you mean my your 2nd stent? How long will you have it? Are you still on puree foods? I also have an abscess or a leak. I have been on feeding tube for 6 weeks. If I am not healed, I have to get a stent. I hear they are very painful. Are you doing okay?

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, Goggyween said:

Hi Kyle, what do you mean my your 2nd stent? How long will you have it? Are you still on puree foods? I also have an abscess or a leak. I have been on feeding tube for 6 weeks. If I am not healed, I have to get a stent. I hear they are very painful. Are you doing okay?

I'm basically loosing my mind, I meant second session at the hospital. I'm not doing well mentally and just in pain from the procedure in my mid section, they just checked my vitals and I had a low grade fever. I go home Monday with the drain in my abdomen I have for at least a week.

Ok, so the stent is okay. How long do you have to have it? I know it is painful but you will get through this. There is a guy on this forum called "nomorefatguy". He went through total hell and to this day he doesn't regret it. Look him up. He is really a great guy. Where do you live? I am in So Cal.

9 hours ago, Goggyween said:

Ok, so the stent is okay

He actually doesn't have a stent. He had an abscess that they drained, but no one has mentioned a possible leak to him.. so he's still eating normally.

There are 2 words/definitions here.

stent
noun
MEDICINE
noun: stent; plural noun: stents
  1. a tubular support placed temporarily inside a blood vessel, canal, or duct to aid healing or relieve an obstruction.
    • an impression or cast of a part or body cavity, used to maintain pressure so as to promote healing, especially of a skin graft.
stint
noun
noun: stint; plural noun: stints
  1. 1.
    a person's fixed or allotted period of work.
    "his varied career included a stint as a magician"
    synonyms: spell, stretch, turn, session, term, shift, tour of duty
    "a two-week stint in the office"

I've had zero pain from eating, zero. This is another common practice, maybe not your physician but I would search on here to see

To put your mind at ease on the diet aspect (which I completely understand is not your focus at all right now) my program has its patients on purees beginning at day 3 post op (including scrambled eggs and cottage cheese), moves to soft Proteins at 2 weeks, and solid Protein by 3 weeks. It seems that every program is different and that difference can be the source of much debate. Regardless, I am so sorry to hear of your complications. I hope that you are on the mend and feeling better very soon.

Ok, so the stent is okay. How long do you have to have it? I know it is painful but you will get through this. There is a guy on this forum called "nomorefatguy". He went through total hell and to this day he doesn't regret it. Look him up. He is really a great guy. Where do you live? I am in So Cal.

I have an abcess too and they treat it like a leak. Doc is miss advising in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Goggyween said:

I have an abcess too and they treat it like a leak. Doc is miss advising in my opinion.

Misadvising in relation to what?

His diet

1 minute ago, Goggyween said:

His diet

You do realize NY Bariatric Group does the most surgeries in the country and runs this protocol with everyone? Also it is very common place to be on purée after the surgery.