Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery August 2nd... Lap band removal to sleeve... Wondering how all you August sleeves are doing :)

Sent from my VS995 using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck to everyone having surgery this week! Mine is Tuesday. The preop diet is killing me which has made me truly ready for the surgery. Sorry to be a whiner lmao but I'm so ready for them to cut my stomach off so I'm not this starving all the time!

Mine is Wednesday 8/9....I'm nervous and excited at the same time

August 29th.

How are YOU doing?!

Aw you are sweet! Thank you for asking I'm doing really good! Hard to get a schedule going to get all the fluids in but pain is almost gone and feeling good. I think the most difficult part will be feeding the family and not myself while I'm cooking ;) but for now everyone is fending for themselves very nicely!

Good luck to everyone having surgery this week! Mine is Tuesday. The preop diet is killing me which has made me truly ready for the surgery. Sorry to be a whiner lmao but I'm so ready for them to cut my stomach off so I'm not this starving all the time!

Getting closer!!! Anything you are worried about? How are you feeling?

I'm so glad I'm single and child free for that reason!! I'm hard enough to deal with on my own lol. Glad to hear you're doing well. I'm starting to get a little worried about the pain. I feel like I'm getting less pain tolerant with age--maybe it's just more anxious lol. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you're in high spirits! What's been the hardest part for you so far?

Same here!!! It seems like the time til now was so slow but now the time is flying by!!

Sent from my VS987 using BariatricPal mobile app

It's totally flying like too fast....I'm trying not to let doubts creep in....

Getting closer!!! Anything you are worried about? How are you feeling?

Worried about pain as we get closer!! And my overwhelming desire to binge because I've been so hungry on this two week mostly liquid diet! Deprivation definitely triggers binges for me. I'm hangry and ready to get on with the surgery if only to not be ..So..hangry.

Hi! I'm scheduled of August 7th as well. Waiting for these last few days to go by has been rough. I am super excited, but also very nervous.

Best of luck on Monday!

Good luck to you Monday! Let us know how you're doing!

I'm so glad I'm single and child free for that reason!! I'm hard enough to deal with on my own lol. Glad to hear you're doing well. I'm starting to get a little worried about the pain. I feel like I'm getting less pain tolerant with age--maybe it's just more anxious lol. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you're in high spirits! What's been the hardest part for you so far?

You know what the pain is a worry but they are super aware of that... You will have an iv and probably a button so you can give yourself meds lol.. I did. I have been home for 2 days and haven't needed the meds. Took some the night I came home just to sleep and that was it. Every person is different but if you are prepared for hurting you will be ok. Walk... Walk as soon as you can and as often and that helps. It's not unbearable :)... The not knowing and anxiety is worse I think :)

The hardest part for me is the mental hunger. I want to eat! I'm not hungry but I am struggling with that. Good thing is seems like something is always going in my mouth (water sips or Protein Shake sips) so I hope it goes away lol... If you have that problem take up another hobby! I have been crocheting like a little old lady but its helping lol... Blankets for everyone!!

Worried about pain as we get closer!! And my overwhelming desire to binge because I've been so hungry on this two week mostly liquid diet! Deprivation definitely triggers binges for me. I'm hangry and ready to get on with the surgery if only to not be ..So..hangry.

I hear you!! Hangry is the exact word I used before I went in lol!! Keep busy! Fill your days and thank God its almost Tuesday!

You know what the pain is a worry but they are super aware of that... You will have an iv and probably a button so you can give yourself meds lol.. I did. I have been home for 2 days and haven't needed the meds. Took some the night I came home just to sleep and that was it. Every person is different but if you are prepared for hurting you will be ok. Walk... Walk as soon as you can and as often and that helps. It's not unbearable [emoji4]... The not knowing and anxiety is worse I think [emoji4]

The hardest part for me is the mental hunger. I want to eat! I'm not hungry but I am struggling with that. Good thing is seems like something is always going in my mouth (water sips or Protein Shake sips) so I hope it goes away lol... If you have that problem take up another hobby! I have been crocheting like a little old lady but its helping lol... Blankets for everyone!!

I'm not sure if I'll have a pain pump but they do seem to be very proactive about pain. They've given me RXs for Gabapentin (I'm guessing for nerve pain? Maybe it'll help the gas pain!?) And for Celebrex (def for inflammation) to take before the surgery. I'm hopefully over mentally prepared so it's not as bad as I'm expecting! Totally ready to walk!

I feel you on the heart hunger. I've been doing a lot of soul searching these past few days. I've got to find something I love to fill my binge holes (minus my mouth lol) and I'm already about entirely divorced from Protein Shakes so it's gonna be Water and a new hobby. Think I'm gonna try to put more effort into learning to draw.