Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Day on Mushies & HUNGRY!

:help:Alright, so my nurse said that I will only be able to eat minimal amounts of food then I will be full. Well, I can eat more than minimal amounts of food THEN I get full.

I am two weeks after my surgery and I am feeling really good. I pretty much feel normal. The only thing that isn't normal are my scars on my tummy to remind me I had the surgery.

So here is my question. Is my band working? I have lost 20 lbs since Sept. 14 and the way I can eat to get full is scaring me thinking I might start to see the scale creep up! Has anyone else had this problem?

One more thing, my friend is coming to visit. (I havn't and don't plan on letting her know I did the surgery) Am I fine going to the movie and having popcorn while I am on the mushy stage? It pretty much is mushy once it hits your mouth right? I am asking here cause my nurse said basically NO popcorn or lettuce or bread until I hit my goal weight. The bread I can understand and deal with but lettuce and popcorn. Hmmmm

My dr said no topopcorn too. The hard pieces of the shell will do you no good. Plus its far from a mushie...LOL

My mushies were blended cauliflower, creamed Healthy Request Soups. I think lettuce is supposed to be out for a while too. I had to limit my mushies to 3 oz servings. I never felt full but wasnt hungry till week 5, then very minimal hunger.

maybe tell a white lie and say to your friend that you have had a stomach upset.

Better than barffing on her in the cinema !

kbear-I know what you mean. It sounds like you and I were banded around the same time. I often wonder if they really put a band in me or just cut me up and sewed me up...lol. I have had no pb's or sliming, none of the chest pain or tightness I was warned about, I can gulp Water with no problems (although I try not to push it). I have fluctuated from 264-267 for the past 5 days or so.

I would say definitely no to the popcorn. I would go with Jax, maybe say you are just getting over a stomach bug and you don't want to push it by eating popcorn too soon.

I am 16 days after surgery and i have lost 24 pounds.I feel hungry sometimes, but I know it s part of game before my first filling.Today I made mistake and ate some sandwiches and cakes, just few bites (silly curiosity) but everything was fine.Please could anyone tell me which problem I can expect if I do this again...

Leona, are you on the mushy stage yet? A sandwich probably will not kill you but be careful. bread can get stuck causing PB fairly easily. You may be okay since you haven't had a fill yet. Bread becomes more problematic once you start getting fills.

Leona-You may or may not have any problems. But, why risk it? You could cause your band to slip by eating too soon and then they would have to go back in and fix it which would mean liquids again and then mushies again....you'd basically have to start over with the the post-op diet. It's a chance I personally am not willing to take, it's not worth it.

I agree with you Mandi...I am on mushies since Tuesday, but because of fear I am still on liquids...and today I did a stupid thing...I hope that band is still in right position...

Thanks for everyones replies. How do you know if you have a slip or not? Is it really easy to tell?

:help:Alright, so my nurse said that I will only be able to eat minimal amounts of food then I will be full. Well, I can eat more than minimal amounts of food THEN I get full.

I am two weeks after my surgery and I am feeling really good. I pretty much feel normal. The only thing that isn't normal are my scars on my tummy to remind me I had the surgery.

So here is my question. Is my band working? I have lost 20 lbs since Sept. 14 and the way I can eat to get full is scaring me thinking I might start to see the scale creep up! Has anyone else had this problem?

One more thing, my friend is coming to visit. (I havn't and don't plan on letting her know I did the surgery) Am I fine going to the movie and having popcorn while I am on the mushy stage? It pretty much is mushy once it hits your mouth right? I am asking here cause my nurse said basically NO popcorn or lettuce or bread until I hit my goal weight. The bread I can understand and deal with but lettuce and popcorn. Hmmmm

My nutritionist also said no popcorn. I am on mushies, I guess. That is not what they call it. They say puree. Anyhow I thought the other night at the drive in, no one will know if I eat a little. I had a couple of little handfulls. I got so sick. I had to vomit a little bit 4 times. I then did not feel all the way better so I went over to a field near and jumped up and down and tried to throw up again:faint:. I do not know why but I thought that would help. I hope no one saw. The I took a phenergyn (for nausea). I drank Water and then felt ok enough to stay. I am not saying it was the popcorn but I am sure that did not help. I do not even have restriction yet. So they say.