Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iam already getting turkey neck. My doctor put me on phentermine. I've been losing about 2 pounds a week. I havent even had surgery yet and Iam freaking out because I think that Iam losing too quick. I am 60 years old, but this turkey neck came on pretty quick. Not sure if I should proceed with surgery. I don't know what's worse, being fat or looking like a dried up prune. Iam also on an asthma medicine called, Advise and I know that messes with your skin as well. Is anyone experiencing any thing simular? I'd appriciate any feedback I can get, thank you.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Iam already getting turkey neck. My doctor put me on phentermine. I've been losing about 2 pounds a week. I havent even had surgery yet and Iam freaking out because I think that Iam losing too quick. I am 60 years old, but this turkey neck came on pretty quick. Not sure if I should proceed with surgery. I don't know what's worse, being fat or looking like a dried up prune. Iam also on an asthma medicine called, Advise and I know that messes with your skin as well. Is anyone experiencing any thing simular? I'd appriciate any feedback I can get, thank you.

Why were you put on that? That's a harsh medicine, never heard of being put on it before surgery.

Im 69 and surgery is Aug 2. I have the beginning of a turkey neck (check Pinterest for neck exercises), I have bat wings already (applying oils to try to help), and I have an apron (not related to the kitchen)...and all this prior to surgery. Yes, Im concerned about the extra skin getting worse, but I want to be healthier and no longer be the fat one in the room, at the activity, etc. Good luck to us!

1 hour ago, Finally17 said:

Im 69 and surgery is Aug 2. I have the beginning of a turkey neck (check Pinterest for neck exercises), I have bat wings already (applying oils to try to help), and I have an apron (not related to the kitchen)...and all this prior to surgery. Yes, Im concerned about the extra skin getting worse, but I want to be healthier and no longer be the fat one in the room, at the activity, etc. Good luck to us!

I'm 41, and I found I got more of a turkey neck too. I lost 44 lbs so far and have about 20lbs to go. Getting so close to my goal weight I don't care about it like I thought I would, I feel so much better when I work and do things . If your skins loose, you'll learn techniques to deal with it and what to wear , if surgery isn't an option for you, for whatever your reasons. I had a Tummy Tuck 5 years ago when I lost weight after having my last child, so I'm lucky now, as it still looks good. You'll feel so much better.

I've lost 67 lbs so far and noticed the loosening of my skin in my neck at around 40 lbs.
Some loose skin is to be expected. No miracles but there are things we can do to keep it minimized.
1. Hydrate - drinking your Water.< br>2. Moisturize- I asked my dermatologist and she suggested coconut oil.
3. Exercise - muscles can help fill in the void in parts of the body.
4. Time - I've heard from several people that as tour weight normalizes the skin does seem to catch up.
5. collagen - I haven't tested this yet myself. But my aesthetician said she noticed improvements in some clients who use powdered collagen. Mine just arrived today so I will start using tomorrow.

Then the real solution may be surgery.

My overall health and quality of life were more important than fearing some extra wrinkles etc....that a good plastic surgeon could fix.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the replies. I've been raised with 4 brothers. I'm the only girl with no one to compare. Them and my dad are so set on looks. I grew up in Orange county and that's not far from Hollywood. Every thing is about looks and being slim. I have since moved to Spolane
It was brutal growing up being teased in school and my dad and brothers were pretty cruel
My mom still goes thru ridicule by my dad when she can't walk fast enough to keep up with him. She is 95 and he tells her, you've got to get in shape.
This is why I dread wrinkles. If Iam slim with surgery
It will be the next thing they go after me for.

One more suggestion...i just went through my evening routine and I remembered I had someone tell me to not just moisturize the front of your neck but to go under ears and to back of neck. All that skin is connected ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

20 hours ago, northstar9148 said:

turkey neck

@northstar9148

I've had a turkey neck since i was knee high to a grasshopper:lol:

hate, hate, hated it!!!!!

i had the beginning of a turkey neck through my 20's and then

(hereditary from mom - going through my 4 sisters)

last year took the plunge and i had a face lift

now, i have only one chin "hanging" around!!!

it looks great

now when i'm walking, i keep my head held high - and my

one and only chin "stands" pretty!!

I am 5+ years PO - 4 yrs GOAL

btw i - i had my PS done last year when i was 62 years YOUNG gobble, gobble (someone had to say it!!!:lol:

good luck

kathy

20 hours ago, northstar9148 said:

Nothing is going to help except surgery or tape. I would just go the tape route.

You can spend money on creams and collagen but they aren't going to help.

I'm lucky I never had a lot of fat in my face or neck so I don't have loose skin in these areas. Still I have lost of loose skin in other places. I would rather have loose skin and feel light weight then be fluffy, fat and heavy.

Once the skin is stretched out, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you lose the weight. Losing fast doesn't matter if your skin is already damaged from being stretched out long term with weight.

Nothing is going to help except surgery or tape. I would just go the tape route.
You can spend money on creams and collagen but they aren't going to help.
I'm lucky I never had a lot of fat in my face or neck so I don't have loose skin in these areas. Still I have lost of loose skin in other places. I would rather have loose skin and feel light weight then be fluffy, fat and heavy.
Once the skin is stretched out, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you lose the weight. Losing fast doesn't matter if your skin is already damaged from being stretched out long term with weight.

So your saying, even losing slowly, youll still get turkey neck? I was wondering what you mean by tape? Never heard about tape before.[emoji54]