Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't seem to find a protein bar I can stand

Seriously, there's got to be one of these ridiculously expensive pretend candy bars they call Protein Bars that's actually tolerable. I can find one if there is. I've tried so many. I bought the Kirklands ones and at first I thought I could handle them but now ugh!!! They are so tough and dense you can hardly chew them and the taste is just gross. I don't understand this because at first I thought they were ok. Please tell me there's something better. I'm wondering if it's just me and my tastes changing. I've been drinking Protein Drinks for 6 years and now I can't stand those either. I've got to find something I can do to supplement my Protein. Tried the unflavored and don't like it either. It has a taste to me. What's wrong with me?

After fluids stage, I have not been able to tolerate ANY Protein Shakes, they're super, super gross. I definitely suggest trying to supplement with real Protein things, like said above ^

If you need a "quick hit", though, you might consider Fair Life milk~ It's protein enhanced milk, and they make a chocolate milk as well. Not the BEST for you, but it's quite good!

5 minutes ago, Brandeis said:

After fluids stage, I have not been able to tolerate ANY Protein Shakes, they're super, super gross. I definitely suggest trying to supplement with real Protein things, like said above ^

If you need a "quick hit", though, you might consider Fair Life milk~ It's Protein enhanced milk, and they make a chocolate milk as well. Not the BEST for you, but it's quite good!

I refuse to have the stuff, but I wonder if anyone here actually likes almond milk?

Just now, PatientEleventyBillion said:

I refuse to have the stuff, but I wonder if anyone here actually likes almond milk?

I use it when I need it, but honestly, it does NOT have much Protein at all.

1 minute ago, Brandeis said:

I use it when I need it, but honestly, it does NOT have much Protein at all.

Ah, ok. I figured the "almond" part meant lower carbs and higher Protein vs. regular milk. My wife actually has some of it in the fridge at home, I've just been too lazy to check, lol.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

4 minutes ago, PatientEleventyBillion said:

I've tried to like almond milk, but I find it heinous. I would rather never drink milk again than drink it...

3 minutes ago, blizair09 said:

I've tried to like almond milk, but I find it heinous. I would rather never drink milk again than drink it...

I can't say with the taste, but I'm fine with regular milk, I just have it in tiny portions, I don't have it often, and I don't take it near medications/vitamins because of milk affecting absorption.

You can't have eggs? Beans? Other sources of Protein?

Yes I do have those things but sometimes I need something I can grab and go and also sometimes by the end of the day I've only had 30-40 gm of protein and need to kick it up there but I'm not really hungry.

Ah, ok. I figured the "almond" part meant lower carbs and higher Protein vs. regular milk. My wife actually has some of it in the fridge at home, I've just been too lazy to check, lol.

It is lower carb and higher protein but still not much compared to a Protein Shake or bar.

Have you tried Atkins bars? I like them but I understand and agree with the density. They have one that's a blueberry yogurt bar it's not dense and is really like a granola bar, very easy to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

They have tuna fish in packs ( so a to go food)
I also drink bi-pro choc shakes - they are really good ( they don't have that sickly sweet taste)

I haven't found a Protein Bar with enough Protein that I like without too much sugar / carbs - I find I need to get my calories from food

Seriously, there's got to be one of these ridiculously expensive pretend candy bars they call Protein bars that's actually tolerable. I can find one if there is. I've tried so many. I bought the Kirklands ones and at first I thought I could handle them but now ugh!!! They are so tough and dense you can hardly chew them and the taste is just gross. I don't understand this because at first I thought they were ok. Please tell me there's something better. I'm wondering if it's just me and my tastes changing. I've been drinking protein drinks for 6 years and now I can't stand those either. I've got to find something I can do to supplement my protein. Tried the unflavored and don't like it either. It has a taste to me. What's wrong with me?

I like the Power Crunch protein bars.

Just a thought, but what about just straight up almonds? have like 8 of those for a good hit of protein...