Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Hi Everyone! Congrats to you all! I just had my sleeve surgery on Monday, May 15. I'm feeling better every day but have a few issues. Has anyone else had pain in the chest radiating to your shoulders and back pain? Im also running a very, very mild fever every once in a while. It kind of comes and goes. liquid diet is fine. but i will throw up if i lay down without releasing the gas right after drinking. Just ALOT of gas and walking to release the bubbles. having trouble getting that 60 grams of Protein in each day. Anyway, is anyone else feeling this way?

Thank you glad to be here. [mention=1685]Apple[/mention] 1. Do you remember how long you were in surgery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

I was in surgery for about an hour and a half. I also had a hernia that the doctor repaired. My surgery started at 4:00 and I was out of recovery and in my room at 8:45. I've only taken pain medicine once today, and I didn't take the full dose. I just ate some cottage cheese and before that I had some banana yogurt. I've also been sipping on some yummy light lemonade that the hospital gave me.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Oh hon, take it easy. I'm sure you will after yesterday! How are you feeling today? Headache gone?

Thanks i just stayed inside got dressed but didn't go anywhere. The headaches are easing up and im feeling o.k. just wish to have a bm then i probably will feel better. Hope everyone continues to improve. Love you guys.

24 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Thanks i just stayed inside got dressed but didn't go anywhere. The headaches are easing up and im feeling o.k. just wish to have a bm then i probably will feel better. Hope everyone continues to improve. Love you guys.

Sorry you are feeling a little rough. I haven't had a BM yet either, but I think it is normal to take several days for that to happen.

Has anyone noticed that they get cold easy? I have been getting chilled a lttle everyday and I have been thinking it is from lack of calories.

Yes I get cold and it's like 90 degrees in NYC and I'm cold.

6 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

Yes I get cold and it's like 90 degrees in NYC and I'm cold.

Ok. I am glad to know that it isn't just me. I have always been the one who is hot so this is different for me.

1 hour ago, MarieB74 said:

Hi Everyone! Congrats to you all! I just had my sleeve surgery on Monday, May 15. I'm feeling better every day but have a few issues. Has anyone else had pain in the chest radiating to your shoulders and back pain? Im also running a very, very mild fever every once in a while. It kind of comes and goes. liquid diet is fine. but i will throw up if i lay down without releasing the gas right after drinking. Just ALOT of gas and walking to release the bubbles. having trouble getting that 60 grams of Protein in each day. Anyway, is anyone else feeling this way?

Congrats to you too hon. I believe that pain is still gas. Got to walk it out...I wouldn't worry too much about meeting goals at this point. We're still in the very early healing phase. I don't even have goals from my doc. This is part of the instructions I was given. Hope this helps:

IMG_2590.JPG

27 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Sorry you are feeling a little rough. I haven't had a BM yet either, but I think it is normal to take several days for that to happen.

Has anyone noticed that they get cold easy? I have been getting chilled a lttle everyday and I have been thinking it is from lack of calories.

Same here. No bm. My doc told me if I don't have one by a Friday, tomorrow, I need to take milk of magnesia to get things going. All the meds will constipate us. But happily I have been tooting, I know, maybe tmi, but I'm glad it's happening. Less gas to deal with.

I'm cold. Before and after surgery, always. Wearing a big hoodie, fleece pjs pants, socks, and have a fleece blanket on top. Lol

Edited by Newme17

1 hour ago, esaad said:

I was in surgery for about an hour and a half. I also had a hernia that the doctor repaired. My surgery started at 4:00 and I was out of recovery and in my room at 8:45. I've only taken pain medicine once today, and I didn't take the full dose. I just ate some cottage cheese and before that I had some banana yogurt. I've also been sipping on some yummy light lemonade that the hospital gave me.

You're already on cottage cheese and yogurt? I'm told Clear Liquids until day 8 and a Protein Drink , then I can start some of that.

Edited by Newme17

You're already on cottage cheese and yogurt? I'm told clear liquids until day 8 and a Protein drink , then I can start some of that.

They're considered part of a full liquid diet. I'm definitely not complaining!

35 minutes ago, esaad said:

I wouldn't either. Lol. I get to incorporate those next week, along with fish and eggs. I'm gonna take it easy though, not liking how I feel just chewing Multivitamins.

1 hour ago, esaad said:

You are Lucy for sure, but amazingly I have been satisfied with the clear liquids. I think for me having good savory broth is the key. I haven't felt any true hunger yet, but I have had a little head hunger watching my dh eat.

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Finally, had one hopefully it will flush all the anesthesia and muscle relaxant out my body that they put in during the surgery. Also, they took blood which said i had high blood levels which scared me that i almost crap on myself. The doctor said those results were probably watered down so disregard them. I have an appointment with my pcp next week.

38 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Finally, had one hopefully it will flush all the anesthesia and muscle relaxant out my body that they put in during the surgery. Also, they took blood which said i had high blood levels which scared me that i almost crap on myself. The doctor said those results were probably watered down so disregard them. I have an appointment with my pcp next week.

Yay for BM's!!!!! 😊

I fell asleep about 8pm. Didn't wake until 10pm. Apparently my husband got the kids to bed and took off to work without me realizing anything. Lol

went to the bathroom, still no bm, brushed my teeth and come out to my just turned 4 year old on my bed. She says "I throwed up!" I'm hoping she meant in her bed...nope, my bed. 😑 I can't very well sleep in it, and my husband was already gone, no other choice but to do it myself. I do the best I can to remove the heavy sheets and mattress protector (we have it for cases as these-my kids). I went slow, but feeling so bad in the abdominal afterwards. I should be fine, it's just the strain, I guess. could also be in the head too, cause I literally get sick when I think of or see anyone throw up too. Maybe a combo. Anyway, poor hubs, he's to deal with the chunk issue in he morning. Nasty!!!

Well, I feel tired enough to go back to sleep again...so goodnight y'all! 😴