Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

4 minutes ago, fatima635 said:

Thsnk you i needed that. I'm neew to baractric pal and I love it. There's so much information that everyone share. I don't need to ask my doctor anything I just come on here and get it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

I've learned a lot here too, but as always, confer with your doc, for issues that don't seem right or there are conflicting replies for everything. Glad we can help!!!

10 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

If i were hungry, it sounds delicious. 😊

Have you felt hungry yet? I haven't even thought about food except to keep sipping because I know I am supposed too.

8 minutes ago, fatima635 said:

Thsnk you i needed that. I'm neew to baractric pal and I love it. There's so much information that everyone share. I don't need to ask my doctor anything I just come on here and get it lol

Glad to meet you @fatima635. Like newme17 said the first day was rough, but everyday I am feeling a little bit better. I just need to remind myself I just had surgery so i don't over do it. I am only 2 days post op but I am glad I had the surgery.

4 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Have you felt hungry yet? I haven't even thought about food except to keep sipping because I know I am supposed too.

I have. I ended up sipping 1/3 of a Protein Drink about 4 hours ago. I'm about to sip another bit of it shortly. Thankfully this Premier Protein isn't super thick.

Thank you glad to be here. @Apple 1. Do you remember how long you were in surgery?

Wow it's amazing. We coming from eating uncontrollably to barely sipping.

Hi everyone, how is everyone doing? I see some are on Protein shakes... I have to be on Clear Liquids for a week. See my surgeon and most likely be on clear liquids for another week until I graduate to puree foods. Let me know what you guys are eating. I'm having Water, orange Jello, cranberry juice, apple juice. I'm happy. Looking forward to doing this liquid diet. We can do it!! Lets maximize our results!

14 minutes ago, fatima635 said:

Thank you glad to be here. @Apple 1. Do you remember how long you were in surgery?

It was about 45 minutes. I have 4 small incisions. I don't really have any pain from the incisions just gas pain and bloating. I was nauseous the first day, but that has passed.

10 minutes ago, mishyk said:

Hi everyone, how is everyone doing? I see some are on Protein shakes... I have to be on clear liquids for a week. See my surgeon and most likely be on clear liquids for another week until I graduate to puree foods. Let me know what you guys are eating. I'm having Water, orange Jello, cranberry juice, apple juice. I'm happy. Looking forward to doing this liquid diet. We can do it!! Lets maximize our results!

@mishyk I am on clear liquids the first week also. I am drinking broths, flavored waters, juice, etc. I am also allowed Jello and sugar free popsicles. I will start full liquids on week 2. I am not hungry at all yet so I am fine with the clear liquids so far.

Edited by Apple1

@Barnv81 read our experiences here. 😊

@mishyk I am also on clear liquids but have the option of drinking a Protein Shake when I feel hungry. I didn't have the usual broth this afternoon, so I was getting "hungry" looking for the cue signs and started sipping on a Protein drink. I have been taking my Vitamins and meds since being home the calcium chews I have to really make sure they're chewed to liquid...stomach didn't agree to well the first one I had. The multi, I just ate it in pieces. Not too bad. B12 was easy.

Yall start your vitamins too?

Thanks! Been home and having a hard time getting liquids down just called the dr to get some nausea meds. How much liquid is everyone getting down. I'm at bout 2 ozs so far and attempted to drink more and it all came back up. [emoji17]

I've been sticking to 1 oz every 15-20 mins doing much better now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I've had a much better day sticking with the zofran and drinking that Water religiously every 15-20 and even mixed 50/50 with Isopure and able to get some down and keep it down then had some wonton Soup broth only and wow I perked up after that I skimmed the little bit of fat off the top by adding and ice cube and spooning it off worked great but wasn't much to begin with. Just went for a small walk and gonna get a quick shower and lay down. Hope everyone's doing better. Chat with you all tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I had approx 20oz of Water, 8 oz of broth, 4oz of Protein drink, 2oz of nasty Decaf hospital coffee. Lol

1 minute ago, bvalarie said:

I perked up after that

I did the same thing after some good chicken broth today too. 😊