Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

How did I miss that amazing post @Apple1!!! I am so happy that you met your goal and you’ve found the wfpb lifestyle. It’s certainly an eye opener to how our bodies work and process foods. I’m happy I’m doing it as well.

Happy meeting your goal!!!!!

and I miss you too @Sweet as peaches!!!

It’s been a little while and the thread has slowed down a bit, but like Apple posted she wanted to share here, I always want to share here too in regards to where I am now. I’ve adopted the wfpb diet as well and I’m happy and full of energy too. But my energy can’t be expensed the way I want it to in the form of exercise these days. I’m a little frustrated, cause I love to workout, but once again, I missed my step a couple of days ago and hurt my ankle. I’m a bit clumsy I guess. I can still walk though, but not intentional. I tried it after work today and had to stop about 8 mins in to my workout. Sigh. I decided, to not do cardio and go for the weights. As soon as I pulled back for arm rows, my shoulder started aching. Not the kind you push through either. So, I HAD to listen to my body and I left after 15 mins of being at the gym. Shortest time ever. All this to say, I’m going to have to pay attention to my wfpb lifestyle now, since I can’t really get exercise in regularly. I think if I add fruits in, I could do much better. Oh, and most importantly, I HAVE only focus on Water intake. I’m terrible at it!!!! Going to set alarms if I have to.

Hope all you are well. I would love to hear from you all as well.

22 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

All this to say, I’m going to have to pay attention to my wfpb lifestyle now, since I can’t really get exercise in regularly. I think if I add fruits in, I could do much better. Oh, and most importantly, I HAVE only focus on Water intake. I’m terrible at it!!!! Going to set alarms if I have to.

As long as your diet is on point you will still lose. I know how much you love your gym time so I am sorry these injuries keep cropping up for you. Weight loss is 80% diet so you can just keep on keeping on. You got this :)

Watching the Voice tonight and it is full of surprises...lol...

Hello,

I started running about 3 weeks ago, and my legs were in so much pain for days. Therefore, I had to give my body a break. For situations like some pain or bad weather that does not allow me to get to the gym, I bought a spin bike online that was less than $125.00 easy to assemble. Now, for some excercise, I try to ride the bike for at least 10-15 minutes. This might be a good investment.

Congrats on your weight loss!

21 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Watching the Voice tonight and it is full of surprises...lol...

Yes it sure is!!! 😁 here we are.....LOL

hubby with his pistachios....don’t pay attention (and I drew it, lol) to my couch crushing my curtains!!!! Hahaha

image.jpg

Edited by Newme17

36 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

As long as your diet is on point you will still lose. I know how much you love your gym time so I am sorry these injuries keep cropping up for you. Weight loss is 80% diet so you can just keep on keeping on. You got this :)

Yes, I’ve allowed a few things in that I need to scale back on. So, I’ll be focusing on my meals to be totally wfpb and allow those few things (harvest crisps) on occasion. I’m going to incorporate more fruits though, been trying to get my mind wrapped around eating them...I’d rather eat a kale salad but I know those fruits are just important.

9 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

hubby with his pistachios....don’t pay attention (and I drew it, lol) to my couch crushing my curtains!!!! Hahaha

Love the photo!!! Your hubby has some guns..lol

My dh fell asleep..lol he is over on his chair snoring away..

I was gonna post a pic of him, but he would kill me..:lol:

8 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I’m going to incorporate more fruits though, been trying to get my mind wrapped around eating them.

I am the same way with fruit. I like it well enough I just like my veggies more so I never have room for it.

15 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I have been wrong too many times tonight... I thought for sure Miley was gonna pick Addison. :o

27 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I have been wrong too many times tonight... I thought for sure Miley was gonna pick Addison.

I was wrong too, don’t remember which one though. But I cried about Billy Ray Cyrus’s advice to Catrina (name??...last girl to be stolen, which I cried again with tears of joy when a Jennifer hit her button while hugging her. That was so sweet!!!!!! 😊

Edited by Newme17

35 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

was gonna post a pic of him, but he would kill me..:lol:

Bahahajajajaja!!!! Just having a mental picture was funny enough!!!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

I was wrong too, don’t remember which one though. But I cried about Billy Ray Cyrus’s advice to Catrina (???...last girl to be stolen, which I cried again with tears of joy when a Jennifer hit her button while hugging her. That was so sweet!!!!!! 😊

Those two were off the hook..lol... both of them. I didnt know who was gonna win that one, but I knew there would be a steal...

Just now, Apple1 said:

Those two were off the hook..lol... both of them. I didnt know who was gonna win that one, but I knew there would be a steal...

Makes me wanna sing about being a W O M A N!!!! 😁 that was off the hook!!! Amazing voices. Wow!

3 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Makes me wanna sing about being a W O M A N!!!! 😁 that was off the hook!!! Amazing voices. Wow!

Yes!!! This WOMAN is off to bed. Good night...:D