Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Happy 6 month to all of you still reading this thread!!! I didn't have time yet to do photos yet, but I will try to do it later tonight or tomorrow. I weigh 154.5! That is 46.5 pounds lost since surgery day and 100.5 from my highest weight. I am still off all my type 2 diabetic meds and my bs are really good.

I think time has gone by fast. I feel almost completely normal except I eat a lot smaller portions. I have met my goal and so I am really just working on maintaining and keeping up my new healthy habits.

Congrats to everyone!!! I think we have all done very well this first 6 months and I know we all are gonna rock the next 6 months too!!

It's not quite my 1/2 birthday, I was sleeved on 5/26, but I have joined in with this crowd.

I am down 105 lbs since 10 day pre-surgery diet, working out (strength training and HIT) and doing great.

Time has flown!

I want to get to 200 (30 more lbs) and re-evaluate for my final goal.

I am wearing a size 14/16 and shopping half straight sizes and half plus sizes.

My weight loss has been very slow the past 3 weeks, but I am sticking with the plan and doing the work. In the bigger picture I am confident the laws of thermodynamics will be on my side!

Congratulations to all!

9 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hope to see everyone’s progress! Here’s is my before surgery pic and pic from today....

You look great!!! I totally forgot to take pics! Didn’t even cross my mind. I’m also sick too so I’m not thinking quite straight. Lol. Glad to hear and see your progress! 😁

1 hour ago, Kat410 said:

sticking with the plan and doing the work.

Great job hon! Sometimes I find myself slipping, but it’s only a great thing that I can’t slip a ton of food, just a few bites. Anyway, it takes work. I’m going to have to focus on making it work and sticking to it! You keep it up....and when you hit 200, or better yet, 199...let us know. We’ll Celebrate with you! 😊

12 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I’m still healthier and happier about my physique than before, so I’ll take it. 72 lbs down from my highest, 55 lbs down from surgery. Sounds pretty good to me. Hope to hear from y’all. 😊

You have done well! Our losses will not be even and linear. Feeling healthy and happy is so great. I feel the same.

I am happy for all of us!!!

3 hours ago, Kat410 said:

I want to get to 200 (30 more lbs) and re-evaluate for my final goal.

I am wearing a size 14/16 and shopping half straight sizes and half plus sizes.

My weight loss has been very slow the past 3 weeks, but I am sticking with the plan and doing the work. In the bigger picture I am confident the laws of thermodynamics will be on my side!

Congrats!!! You are doing great! I am glad you have joined us!

I was a size 14 at 233 and a size 8 at 160. I am sure I could fit into a 6 now at 154 but I haven't bought anything new yet.

I think you are close to hitting that under 200 goal!

Ok Nevermind my scale number yesterday. Doc office weighs me in at 192. My BMI is now 31. Fat mass percentage is still about 15% too high, I’ve got to work on muscle. Overall, it’s good. Since I’m having issues with my tendons in my feet and shoulder problems (ugh, I’m too young for this mess), doc wants me to ride a bike (so boring!!!) for now. I guess so....better than nothing. His goal is another 20 lbs. whether I want to do it by 9 mo or by 12 mo. My choice. Obviously 9 mo would be my choice. So, I’ll work harder/focus until my 9 mo appt in Feb.

Edited by Newme17

Hey guys. I couldn’t find the page! Guess some updates happened.

Tonorrow were 7mo post. It’s been busy, hectic, and stressful for me. Waiting sooooooo bad for the holidays to be over! Anyway, I’ll check in tomorrow. I’ll be super surprised if I lost anything, given my stress levels these past couple of months. I’ll be happy enough to have maintained and probably a tad upset if I’m up a pound or two (but nothing to worry about). Anyway, hope everyone is well. Hope to hear from you all mañana. 😊

Hi Everyone!!! Sorry didn’t post yesterday on our 7 month anniversary....was super busy! I am feeling great and am down about 57 pounds which I will take...I’m down to a size 6 in pants and either an extra small or small in shirts a size I never thought I would wear! Here is my before and after pic for this month! Hope everyone is doing fabulous!!IMG_1747.JPG

Hey everyone!!! Sorry I missed our 7 month suriversary. The past couple of months have been super busy for me both at home and work and I am just now feeling like I have a little room to breath.

How did everyone do for their first holiday season after surgery? I feel like I did pretty good, but I did allow myself some treats. I am maintaining fairly easily between 154-157. I am hoping to be back on the site posting a little very week.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Hey everyone, I’m doing great and I hope everyone else is too! I did cheat some on some treats but I’m holding my weight and plan to get back on track with exercise at the new year. Down 75 pounds and so thankful for my sleeve. Wishing everyone a blessed 2018!

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 12:03 PM, Apple1 said:

Hey everyone!!! Sorry I missed our 7 month suriversary. The past couple of months have been super busy for me both at home and work and I am just now feeling like I have a little room to breath.

How did everyone do for their first holiday season after surgery? I feel like I did pretty good, but I did allow myself some treats. I am maintaining fairly easily between 154-157. I am hoping to be back on the site posting a little very week.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Had a great holiday and finishing the year with houseguests, NYE party, then hosting a big new years day party.

I have gained and lost the same 2 lbs for the past 3 weeks - welcome to my first real stall and I am not being rigorous with the quality of food entering my body. However, I am working out and loosing inches.

I am looking forward to getting back to my normal routine after the 1st and doing what I need to do see that scale cross 200.

The frigid weather has required new wardrobe purchases for work - I have bought my size 12-14 winter wardrobe!

Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been so long since I last posted.
I’ve been at a stall since Nov 20th. My loss is slow because I was not that big to begin with, but I’m starting to get concerned because my hunger has returned. Just in the last few weeks, I have been finding myself hungry a lot more than I have been since surgery in May.
I also have not been on the gym bandwagon as much as I should be. My goal is another 30lbs by 1 year and I feel like I’m not going to hit it.
Anyone else having these types of issues?

On 1/15/2018 at 3:26 PM, PAguy said:

Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been so long since I last posted.
I’ve been at a stall since Nov 20th. My loss is slow because I was not that big to begin with, but I’m starting to get concerned because my hunger has returned. Just in the last few weeks, I have been finding myself hungry a lot more than I have been since surgery in May.
I also have not been on the gym bandwagon as much as I should be. My goal is another 30lbs by 1 year and I feel like I’m not going to hit it.
Anyone else having these types of issues?

I'm right there with you! Although I've been hungry since day 5 post op. LOL I have about 30-40lbs by 1 year as well, my loss has slowed a lot. At this point, its up to us to really make it happen. For me though, I'm not trying as hard as I could. I'm just living life, no counting, just going to the gym, stress-free as much as possible and believing it'll come off. Obviously, I make better choices with food. Except for the holidays, I decided I wasn't going to pay attention so much...it didn't make much of a dent. If it did, I don't know...cause I don't weigh myself. LOL But my clothes are still getting looser, so that's all that matters to me, I guess.

But for us to be about 30 lbs to goal...that's pretty good considering we're not at 1 year yet. So, we can do it...let's make the effort to really focus these next few months! Yeah??? :)

On 12/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, Kat410 said:

I am not being rigorous with the quality of food entering my body. However, I am working out and loosing inches.

This to me is stress free....great job!!! :)