Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

18 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Here are my 5 months pics...size 6 jeans down from a size 16/18 and a small shirt down from an XL. Still can’t believe this is me sometimes lol

Size 6!?!?! Wow...that's amazing. Whoo whoo! You look very good.

17 hours ago, Kat410 said:

t is 95 lbs since pre op diet which I started on 5/16. I feel blessed by the progress.

I'm so happy for you. :)

4 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I'm so happy for you. :)

Me too. You must look and feel amazing :)

42 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Me too. You must look and feel amazing :)

People ask me all the time if I feel different. It's so weird, but I don't.

I am sure if I woke up tomorrow in my pre-surgery body I would probably think OMG WHAT THE HE77 JUST HAPPENED TO ME, but I think the change has happened bit by bit and it's hard to notice.

For some reason the past 2 weeks I am dropping weight like crazy - 10 lbs in the past two weeks - and the only thing I notice is that clothes keep not fitting.

The biggest difference I do notice is my want of physical activity. I live in NYC so you gotta walk a lot here, climb stairs, etc. to get around. I live at the top of a hill (in one of the few hilly neighborhoods in Manhattan) and walking up that hill carrying groceries or laundry is no longer a problem - it's not anything, I don't even notice it.

The biggest thing I do notice is getting my strength back from doing HIT and Yoga - that is a huge difference and I love the feeling of being stronger, having more stamina and flexibility.

I still have 75 lbs to lose to be at a healthy BMI - My objective is to lose 40 more lbs, get to 199 and re-evaluate!

2 minutes ago, Kat410 said:

The biggest thing I do notice is getting my strength back from doing HIT and Yoga - that is a huge difference and I love the feeling of being stronger, having more stamina and flexibility.

I understand this!! I feel the same way.

Getting fit and healthy has ended up being the best part of this experience. I look forward to getting up early and going for my runs. I never would have imagined that a year ago.

The other great experience has been the awesome friends I have made @Newme17 and eating for health :D not just to eat.

Ok, I finally got a photo tonight for my 5 month update. I have lost just about 47 lbs since May 15th. I am only 1 # away from goal of 160. I have decided to go for 155 as my next goal and then try to maintain there.

D6CBA945-2109-47AD-83F8-06900CEE6CD8.jpeg

Hello,

Congrats on your first 5 months. You look fantastic!

On 10/16/2017 at 6:48 PM, Apple1 said:

The other great experience has been the awesome friends I have made @Newme17 and eating for health :D not just to eat.

Awwwww, I feel totally the same way!! 😊

20 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

5 months out 100

Hon, you look fabulous and healthy! Look at that tiny waist y’all! 😊. I hope all is well with you hon. It’s great to hear and see you!

4 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Ok, I finally got a photo tonight for my 5 month update. I have lost just about 47 lbs since May 15th. I am only 1 # away from goal of 160. I have decided to go for 155 as my next goal and then try to maintain there.

Great photo!!! I love the running attire! You’re totally a runner!!!! 🏃

On 10/16/2017 at 6:42 PM, Kat410 said:

People ask me all the time if I feel different. It's so weird, but I don't.

Although I’m down such and such lbs, whatever I am now, too lazy to scroll to the previous page and use my brain, I can understand this too. I have days when it’s like, “I know I’ve lost weight and people have noticed, but I still feel the same.” Granted and thankfully it’s not everyday I feel this way, but it’s a mental block that has got to go away cause it’s a lie to myself. So, I totally understand. Just know that you have changed, for being able to do all that walking, etc and it’s easier...if it weren’t looks, it’s definitely health. But you’ve got both the looks and health going for you now as well. Let’s keep on fighting against the lie. Deal? 😁

5 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Although I’m down such and such lbs, whatever I am now, too lazy to scroll to the previous page

You have lost 62 lbs (from your sig) and that is 12.4 lbs per month and that is awesome :)

5 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Granted and thankfully it’s not everyday I feel this way, but it’s a mental block that has got to go away cause it’s a lie to myself. So, I totally understand. Just know that you have changed, for being able to do all that walking, etc and it’s easier...if it weren’t looks, it’s definitely health.

This is so true!! For both of you!!!

We are all on this journey and our individual experiences are unique and sometimes different from others. We might lose fast, slow, have more stalls, have more mental stuff to process, but we are all changing for the better.

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

You have lost 62 lbs (from your sig) and that is 12.4 lbs per month and that is awesome

Haha! Thank you! I’ll take those numbers.

I was going to post this last night, but I fell asleep..lol...

I hit my goal weight yesterday morning at 159.8 :):) I am officially at a healthy BMI !!!

I wanted to post it here on our thread. I am so thankful to all of you for your support through these last five months. It has been a wild ride for me with many changes.

I started it out thinking I was going to stay on a low carb Keto type diet because I believed that was what I needed to keep my type 2 diabetes in remission. I was afraid to try anything different, but when @Newme17 posted about the book she was reading, "Proteinaholic", I decided it was time to do research this further. Since reading that first book I have devoured several others on the subject of diet. "The cheese Trap", "How Not to Die", The Starch Solution", The Omnivore's Dilemma", and "The China Study". What I have learned is that the closer we can get our diet to eating WFPB (whole foods plant based) the better off we will be.

My diet is about 90% WFPB with the other 10% being diary and a little fish/eggs. I eat a ton of salads, Beans, veggies of all types, whole grains, and a little fruit. I should eat more fruit, but I just don't seem to gravitate towards it..lol.. I still don't eat much bread at all. I just don't have room in my stomach for it or much pasta.I feel so good eating this way. I have lots of energy!! I have noticed a slight increase in my blood sugar the past 2 weeks, but it is still in the healthy range and no medications!! I want to point out that our bodies were designed to process carbohydrates for energy, that is why we have a pancreas and insulin. This is our bodies first choice for energy and as long as we are eating healthy complex whole grains we are giving it what it needs to thrive.

The other big change has been running. I never thought this would be the case for me, but since I hate going to the gym I needed to find an exercise that I would love doing. I guess running was a good fit because I look forward to it everyday.

I know I would not have been this successful without the awesome support of everyone on this forum. All of the veterans who still post here and others, @Berry78, walking this same journey. We are all different, but have the common goal of getting healthy and changing our lives for the better. Where are you @Sweet as peaches? I miss you and would love to hear how you are doing.

Now onward to the next goal. I want to hit 155 and run a half marathon.

The truth is I will be happy if I never lose another pound, but I want to keep getting better with my fitness.

Happy Saturday everyone!!! Be Blessed!!!