Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feedback: Breast Lift with or without implant? Do you regret the lift without the implant and why? Thanks!

Breast lift question

I just had my lift without implants last week, and I'm really happy with the results. Here's my before & after pics.IMG_2589.JPG IMG_2595.JPG

I just had my lift without implants last week, and I'm really happy with the results. Here's my before & after pics.IMG_2589.JPG.1c3e4d17a33cd857a811a44d38687fc4.JPG IMG_2595.JPG.a8fa79b956872eecb1e328d456ec4df4.JPG

Do you mind me asking how your cup size changed?

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for posting this, definitely will be on my list. Mine look like your before.. and I'm back at my presurgery weight waiting to see if I can get a revision. All the yo yo up and down weight loss is so hard on the ta-tas

Do you mind me asking how your cup size changed?

Pre sleeve, I was a 42G. I'm still swollen from surgery, but based on measurements, it looks like I'm now a 32C/D.

7 hours ago, sjfink said:

Pre sleeve, I was a 42G. I'm still swollen from surgery, but based on measurements, it looks like I'm now a 32C/D.

Thank you so much for posting your pics! I'm truly inspired. I would LOVE to be C/D--currently H. So, hopefully in 18 months time I'll be able to go through this as well. My husband told me that he dreamt we were discussing a TT and Breast Lift for me. YAY!!! :) .....I'd totally go without the implants.

Thank you so much for posting your pics! I'm truly inspired. I would LOVE to be C/D--currently H. So, hopefully in 18 months time I'll be able to go through this as well. My husband told me that he dreamt we were discussing a TT and Breast Lift for me. YAY!!! [emoji4] .....I'd totally go without the implants.

Planning on the same for me! So glad to hear the lift can be done without implants. I definitely want the tatas to be much smaller.

C/D was my dream, so I'm really happy with my results. Had my TT/LBL on 2/23, BL on 4/18, and my (hopefully last surgery) inner thigh lift is scheduled for 5/16. Looking forward to be done with surgeries and recovery. I just hope my thighs go as smoothly as the first 2!

On 4/28/2017 at 5:39 PM, sjfink said:

I just had my lift without implants last week, and I'm really happy with the results. Here's my before & after pics.IMG_2589.JPG IMG_2595.JPG

You look amazing....I hope your recovery is a smooth one!!!

I was wondering about this as well! I haven't had surgery yet but I'm thinking without implants I'd the way to go. I'd like to stay as natural as possible when I get to that step. Thanks for sharing! You look great. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to go for a breast reduction - I am so happy with the results... The reason I chose not to have implants was mainly because I heard that you need to have your implants changed every decade or so - That put me off - I couldn't imagine myself being 70 and having to have them 'updated' lol

Just after I was a 34D - Then a while after taht after all swelling gone - I was 34C down from a G cup and now I am a 34B which I am very happy with.

I really hope these pictures show - Been having some issues with the site not working...

Before =

BoobsBefore2_zps6cbb3813.jpg

Just after...

BoobsArmsafter1week-3_zpsac217de7.jpg

And about 6months later

BellyBoobs2260611_zpsd241d71d.jpg

I really hope whatever you choose to do - That all goes well......

Edited by Scamp

I am sorry I can't answer your question but I too would be interested in hearing how others will reply to your question.

I was suppose to have a breast reduction/lift and a free nipple graft on March 21st. On March 20th the surgeon canceled my surgery as the mammogram and ultasound showed I have a microcalcification cluster in my left breast and need a biopsy. I went for a second opinion about the biopsy and while there explained to the second surgeon what the first surgeon was planning on doing. The 2nd surgeon said yes I did need the biopsy but also told me I would not be happy with the breast reduction lift if I didn't get implants. He said I didn't have enough dense breast tissue to create a proper mound. What is your Doctor saying? Do you have enough dense tissue for a nice mound? Have you gotten a second opinion? When is your surgery scheduled?

Of course the first thing I have to get through is the biopsy. Then do I go with the first surgeon who states he can form a good mound (B cup) with all the excess skin ( was once 70 I) I have OR do I go with the surgeon who wants to do an implant? I really didn't want anything foreign in this 61 year old body. But I am not sure if I could be happy with a B cup. I too have a lot to think about before my breast reduction/lift is rescheduled.

I had a breast lift without implants. No way I was signing up for 5-8 year maintenance. Before PS 30 F mostly skin to 30 C. My PS pulled some filler as I had a LBL at same time. Love the natural results. For me this is perfect.

I saw several PS before choosing I went with a person with WLS patients as I had multiple procedures. Best in your journey

I am sorry I can't answer your question but I too would be interested in hearing how others will reply to your question.
I was suppose to have a breast reduction/lift and a free nipple graft on March 21st. On March 20th the surgeon canceled my surgery as the mammogram and ultasound showed I have a microcalcification cluster in my left breast and need a biopsy. I went for a second opinion about the biopsy and while there explained to the second surgeon what the first surgeon was planning on doing. The 2nd surgeon said yes I did need the biopsy but also told me I would not be happy with the breast reduction lift if I didn't get implants. He said I didn't have enough dense breast tissue to create a proper mound. What is your Doctor saying? Do you have enough dense tissue for a nice mound? Have you gotten a second opinion? When is your surgery scheduled?
Of course the first thing I have to get through is the biopsy. Then do I go with the first surgeon who states he can form a good mound (B cup) with all the excess skin ( was once 70 I) I have OR do I go with the surgeon who wants to do an implant? I really didn't want anything foreign in this 61 year old body. But I am not sure if I could be happy with a B cup. I too have a lot to think about before my breast reduction/lift is rescheduled.

Thank you everyone for sharing and especially sharing pictures. I am currently a 36 D with a lot of volume loss. I saw a reputable PS who thinks I could benefit from the lift alone and possibly be a C cup. I don't know if I want to go through this and come out smaller than I am now. I am very curvy and have wide hips. The bigger breast kind of balance it out. I am MUCH smaller on top as I also have lymphedema of my legs so being much smaller on top can accentuate the bottom. I like being a D and not sure if I would be okay with just the lift. He was 50/50 on with or without the implant. I don't like the thought of it looking unnatural but he did say it would be under the muscle so it wouldn't look completely unnatural. He never mentioned any "maintenance" and I don't think any of my girlfriends with them have had to change them out? HE did say that with the lift and implant they tend to be very HIGH and then settle down after a few months. He says many people do the lift first then come back for the implant. I do NOT want to do back to back anesthesia and surgery ($$$) so that is part of why I want to do the implant on the front end. So many decisions!!! I am also still losing (I am 3 years out, lost 135, gained back 30, lost 25 and currently doing the Whole 30 and losing more). I do appreciate the input!