Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the best compliment you have heard lately?

Hey guys! I got THE BEST compliment ever over the weekend!

My best friend in high school saw me for the first time in about 13 years at a family wedding. Before she even said hello she screamed at me (with lots of exploitatives) "OH my God, you B*tch. I can not belive you look exactly the same as you did in high school. I hate you!" I cried then and there! Then I had to explain why...lol...

What is the best thing compliment you have heard lately? Let's share those things that made us smile!

Lol, I was in a tutorial at uni the other week and we were doing group work. Something was mentioned about fluoride in the Water (totally off topic) and this girl, gorgeous 20 year old, says "oh, you Melbourne people all have such great teeth becuase of the fluoride in your Water. I've got a headfull of fillings because I grew up in Brisbane". I said "yeah, I"m 40 and I've NEVER had a filling". She says, lol, "Oh my god, you're 40? Wow, you dont look 40. YOu look amazing. I wouldnt have thought you were a day over 35".

Gee... um.. thanks? Lol. It was meant to be a compliment so I took it as such. But I guess when you're 20, anything over 30 is crusty.

I think the best compliment of late was from my son's teacher. She taught all 3 of my kids, so has seen me at my heaviest. Anyway, instead of commenting on my weight, she said, I looked so, much more content and happy. I can't even remember the words she used, but she commented on how I appeared to be feeling. Does that makes sense?

It sure did to me, and I really took it to heart. I not only feel awesome because of how my body has changed visually, but I feel totally released from the pain that weight represented for me.

Well, that and my husband talking about or family pictures recently.

He said, "And there is your mommy, looking like a supermodel." HA!

I went on a first date last week and ordered a drink. About 1/3 of the way into the drink, I ordered a glass of Water because it was going to my head and I didn't want to be tipsy on a first date. The guy figured out what I was doing and, off the cuff, said "Really, after 1/3 fo a drink? Yeah, I guess that makes sense -- I mean, you are really small."

Second date anyone? Haha.

"Really, after 1/3 fo a drink? Yeah, I guess that makes sense -- I mean, you are really small."

Ooh MEEEOOOOWWW, purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I went on a first date last week and ordered a drink. About 1/3 of the way into the drink, I ordered a glass of Water because it was going to my head and I didn't want to be tipsy on a first date. The guy figured out what I was doing and, off the cuff, said "Really, after 1/3 fo a drink? Yeah, I guess that makes sense -- I mean, you are really small."

Second date anyone? Haha.

OMG Julie!!! WOO HOOO, yeah 2nd date for sure! :mad:

=:)=

The best compliment lately come from my 2 year old granddaughter who refuses to believe the fat woman in the pictures of her when she was born are me!!!

She shakes her head and tells me "Dat not you, who's dat with my Papa?"

She is too young to understand lying about those kind of things---so I take it to heart....a soaring heart!!!

Kat

At my husband's company Christmas get together last year one of his co-workers asked my DH's permission to tell me how "fine" I was looking. It meant even more to me to think he felt he might need permission, like my DH could get jealous or something.

Just wait until this year's Christmas get together after my PS next week!

My sis works for the City of Denver and she does motivational lectures for those trying to find jobs. She PMed me the other day telling me that she used me as an example of someone motivated and at the end of the story I got a standing ovation.

Wish I would'a been there. :)

At my husband's company Christmas get together last year one of his co-workers asked my DH's permission to tell me how "fine" I was looking. It meant even more to me to think he felt he might need permission, like my DH could get jealous or something.

Just wait until this year's Christmas get together after my PS next week!

WOOO HOO Ghost, maybe this year he won't ask for permission! lol... :)

My sis works for the City of Denver and she does motivational lectures for those trying to find jobs. She PMed me the other day telling me that she used me as an example of someone motivated and at the end of the story I got a standing ovation.

Wish I would'a been there. :)

WOW WASa....wish we all could have been there! HOW COOL! :D

At work the other day a patient was telling me how she nneded to lose a few extra pounds . I told her that I knew what she was talking about. She said that losing weight was so hard to do I told her that my doctor once told me that if I didn't lose weight I would need a knee replacement by the time I am forty. THe patient said he's crazy your so skinny. I hugged her and then told her that I had lose alot of weight... She wanted my surgeon number.