Vegan or Vegetarian RNY Mentor

19 posts in this topic

Hi there! Scheduled for revision from sleeve to RNY due to severe GERD. I've been vegan since October 16. I absolutely love plant based diet. Currently using Raw Fit Protein which is a vegan Protein Powder. It has 28 grams of protein and taste great. Looking to connect with a mentor or mentors that follow a plant based diet. Totally fine connecting with those that aren't as well.

Hi , I am scheduled for May 30 th for a revision from sleeve to possibly RNY , and I am a vegetarian . Have been for about 5 years . I do eat fish , almond milk, cheese, eggs. So I'm not Vegan . But I do not consume chicken , pork, beef etc. when is your surgery scheduled for? Where are you from?

Hi, I'm about 1.5 years out from RNY and follow a "plant-centric" diet (mostly vegan, but with occasionally dairy, chicken, or fish). It's hard to find other RNY-res who Are open to this way of eating; in my local support group I pretty much have learned just to keep my mouth shut, lol. Since this is a "buddy/mentor" site, does this mean either or both of you are open to chatting with other plant-based eaters?!

akaet and c3love5 like this 2 Like this

Can't believe I just saw this, sorry! I got RNY in February, been vegan for 14 years. So happy to see another vegan on here!

Well let's chat then! I'll try to check in more regularly if you will do the same!

one thing I've always wanted to do is to have a veg*an "what did you eat today" ongoing post. When I've tried to join in the "what did you eat today running post, everyone starts harping on me "not eating enough protein" (protein=meat in most people's minds).

Any of y'all game to start that here?

c3love5 likes this 1 Like this

Great idea! I had avocado rolls for breakfast/lunch and going to have vegan general tso's for dinner. Yum!

Awesome, good luck @blev! Let us know how it goes. :)

Today I had a piece of homemade gluten free pizza, some buffalo tofu, and some of a Chipotle sofritas bowl. A very salty day indeed! (glugs water)

blev likes this 1 Like this