Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Good, Bad, Ugly & QUESTIONS - Please Read & Reply 3 dys til Surgery!

Hi All !!!!!! Long but hope it helps someone :) You are not alone BUT it will all work out

3 DAYS TO SURGERY! - STUMBLING BLOCKS ; PRO-OP DIET; & HOME PREP ... Questions about Vit Patches

This time went slow at first but now it seems there is no time left! I was approved right before the New Year... pulmonary cleared me with moderate but then the surgeon said NO... had to do a fast track scheduling for the CPAP titration. Then the requirement was 30 days compliance?? I wasn't fighting it because I am the one who will benefit but time was winding down fast and it was Jan 20th and no CPAP machine Surgery is February 21st. Had to call a few times to the medical supply company and WHEW they got me in on that Friday and I started that night. Talk about playing it close.

THEN the insurance did the wrong expiration date for March 2016..how when they approved me December 2016???? They also approve it for out patient. My patient advocate (Maria) said the insurance company had to submit it back in for approval. I will tell ya... I didn't even let the idea of "Well can they deny me now???" go through my head. They were giving her the run around... she said during that week well its Wednesday I will give them til Monday and call back. I said look I asked for an approval before Jan and I got it on Dec 30th so they will call by Friday. Next day...insurance called...approved a 2nd time and did it correctly for in-patient!

Down to the wire Pulmonary said they will approve me for compliance 3 weeks BUT medical company has to send the report. Of course left msg no call back...few days later the ONLY person who handles this said she will call back because she was in a meeting (she never returned my first 2 msgs)...guess what she didn't call back and now its the weekend. Tuesday again I call FINALLY she took my call and sent report that same day which was the deadline! WHEW!

Cardiologist - well lets just say took them 2 months to send the clearance letter after myself and the patient advocate called.

Pre-Op diet uggg my tummy doesn't handle milk products so well especially these! Constipated BUT taking in lots of fluids and the dietician is letting me supplement with fat free cream of chicken Soup and she said if I just had to I could consume non starch veg and lean Protein at dinner but keep it in my calorie count. WHEW...I had lost 10 lbs since the New Year and lost 2 more this week!. Monday is all Clear Liquids.< /strong>

Home Prep - If any of you have children you know we have to not only shop for ourselves but shop for easy things they can cook themselves or make meals to freeze that they can heat later. Cleaning....checking the list and checking it twice make sure the next 2 weeks diet is stocked up real nice! Did I say cleaning?

I also got my alcohol wipes for when I give myself the blood thinner injections and other items for the hospital and first 2 weeks after. Other things I will get later because I know at our 2 wk check-up they will evaluate and go from there.

Last but not least QUESTIONS:

Has anyone tried the vitamin patches, Biotin etc. that I saw on this site? If so, how do you like them? Do they work the same as the regular pills?

Blood thinners & menstrual cycle: Can this increase the blood flow?

That's all for now...I haven't been able to post for a few so I put it all in one lol.. If I can give you all only one thing I would say to stay positive! Positive energy gives your dreams & desires life and when that happens, everything around it has to get with the program. Keep speaking life to your situation and it will obey. Just because it didn't happen quite the way we thought or as smoothly as we thought it should, doesn't mean it's denied from you...it just means you are in a part of the process. HUGSSS!

I tried the vitamin patches and felt mildly nauseous by them, plus they caused some minor skin irritation. I gave the rest of the pack to my dad, however, and he had no negative effects so it's very much an individual reaction. I took Vitamin Code for Women by Garden of Life for the first four months or thereabouts post-op and then switched to two Flintstones Vitamins with Iron. I'd been taking them prior to surgery but post-op my taste buds were a bit off for a while, so they were far too sweet. Now I like them fine, and my lab work has been excellent.

Best wishes to you! All the frustrations are likely going to be totally worthwhile in the end. :)

23 hours ago, Clementine Sky said:

I tried the Vitamin Patches and felt mildly nauseous by them, plus they caused some minor skin irritation. I gave the rest of the pack to my dad, however, and he had no negative effects so it's very much an individual reaction. I took Vitamin Code for Women by Garden of Life for the first four months or thereabouts post-op and then switched to two Flintstones Vitamins with Iron. I'd been taking them prior to surgery but post-op my taste buds were a bit off for a while, so they were far too sweet. Now I like them fine, and my lab work has been excellent.

Best wishes to you! All the frustrations are likely going to be totally worthwhile in the end. :)

Thanks much! My skin is super sensitive even dust makes me itch lol so maybe I will steer clear of it.

14 hours ago, Coah said:

No. Lovenox for short term does not increase menstrual blood flow.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks much...I had hope to beat it but my day to start is day after surgery so was wondering. Good thing is the pain med will take care of the cramps as well. Thank you again :)

23 hours ago, sleevinpops said:

My nutritionist, primary care Dr. & Surgeon all advised me against the Patches. I am post op and just take the chewables.

Hey there. Thanks much. My nutritionist called me and said she wasn't too sure about the Patches since it was not enough information about them. They recommended the optisource (complete) I can get from the drug store.