Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery?

The way the doctor was talking, it almost seems a given I will have a seroma.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

On the antibiotic and the Fluid output is down but still a lot. It's also back to being red. The odor is gone from the fluid and the swelling from the stomach is down. It almost seems like I'm starting the recovery process all over again.

I'm glad it's betting better but sorry it feels like starting over!

The swelling seems worse than right after surgery. I figured four weeks out it would be going down not up. It is down some from a couple days ago.

Sounds rough. How are you feeling? Can you do most things yet?

3 hours ago, Stella S said:

I feel like I can do everything. Last drain was removed today. Still putting out way too much Fluid so doctor seems to think a seroma is guaranteed. The stomach swelling is down. Nothing really wrong with it other than a have a bigger belly when it was nearly flat after surgery.

Glad you are doing well SGC - Few more weeks and all the swelling should be gone (Always took me 6-8 weeks to get rid of all of it)

My doctor said I can wear a compression shirt instead of the binder. With no drains and no binder, I'm finally able to wear normal clothes. I did go a little nuts accumulating clothes. I bought about 13 shirts and 9 pair of pants along with 3 belts, 2 pair of shoes, new socks, and even a new wristband for my watch. Once I bought one color I needed another matching color and of course shoes and a belt to go with it. I'm still going to wear the binder when I'm not going out. It's only day two since the drain has been out and no seroma yet.

LOL SGC - It is a joyous thing to see people embarking on to a new life :)

Buying clothes is something that a lot of us find is something we could not enjoy for so long - It is wonderful to be able to go in to any store and buy anything we like!!

I remember going in to a store and asking about something in the window (The last one of that jumper) They said ''It won't fit you!'' I made the lady get it out from the window - It DID fit me fine - I was wearing multiple coats as I am always cold now that the weight is gone.... I bought said jumper. Wore it one time - Hated it!! - LOL - It was itchy as sin and I ended up chucking it out - But at least it fit me and I proved that to that stroppy woman! LOL

Enjoy your shopping - But take it easy as you are still healing. :)

Edited by Scamp

Turns out it's 19 shirts and 8 pants. A few of the shirts were cheap T shirts with clever slogans on them. Always wanted to wear graphic Tees. Problem is my arms show a lot in short sleeves. I wear a long sleev underneath and have sort of a Sheldon Cooper look. Trying to maybe find some flesh tone arm sleeves to come down to my elbows or even use an ace bandage. Doesn't really matter I guess if the sleeves are for women.

Reach Arm Slimming Sleeve Shaper - SlimMe by MeMoi - Shaping Shrug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDSXEE4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_nzQ3zb1QNKB2B

36 minutes ago, jess9395 said:

Reach Arm Slimming Sleeve Shaper - SlimMe by MeMoi - Shaping Shrug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDSXEE4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_nzQ3zb1QNKB2B

I ended up ordering some sleeves for covering up tattoos. I'm not sure what size for these I would need? Looks like they go around the shoulders so I'm not sure if I would need to go one size up since they are for women?

Thanks Jess for this link. Arm surgery is next for me, I hope. Still waiting approval. Have no idea what size to order so I guess I will have to wait until after the surgery to order. Right now I continue to wear 3/4 or full length sleeves despite being down in Florida. There is so much excess skin all over my body that I have to hide everything under baggy clothing.

Sgc so glad you finally have those drains out and are getting some new clothing. I also purchased some new items but have to be careful as I am still dealing with a lot of excess skin everywhere except the boobs. Can't wait till all this skin is removed which probably will not be until summer of 2018.

5 weeks out and still some swelling. Last drain was out Monday and I was still putting out 150cc of Fluid. No seroma yet.