Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have Dr Christopher Joyce?

Hi Norma. I have not been to the last two support groups meeting, either. I am not disappointed with my outcome, but I was sure hoping to be at goal by one year. Now maybe it will be by two years. Remember my friend, Renee? She was having such a hard time in the beginning (she was banded December 2008) but now she has passed me up and is below her goal. She looks and feels terrific. Hopefully we will be at the October support group or I will see you at the 1 year class. Nancy

i am still here.its been almost a year since my surg.i am doing good until my last fill.i havent lost anything but i have put on 3lbs.i have not done anything different. did you know there is a support group at the bolingbrook hosp?ith next meeting is sept. 16 maybe i will get to see some of you there

I don't know if this thread is still active--and I realize you've all formed relationships already--but am hoping that there's room for one more in the group. I'm Betsy, a 48-year-old patient of Dr. Lahmann, looking forward to banding on Jan. 12.

Right now, I'm in the midst of the preop diet, and SO exciting about the upcoming changes.

I'm in Plainfield; and look forward to meeting everyone at the doctors' support group. I'm also very open to alternative routes of support--get-togethers outside the hospital setting, etc.

There is always room for one more. Welcome! Dr. Lahmann was my doctor too. He is wonderful but did you know that Dr. Lahmann and Dr. Joyce both attend every surgery. You get two excellent surgeons for the price of one.

I am sure you are getting excited and perhaps a little unsure of everything. It has been almost 15 months since I had my surgery. My only regret is that I did not do it sooner. Best Wishes on your surgery and keep us posted.

I had to do a stress test...the doc called me back, said he wants me to do an angiogram...i thought i'd be doing it around when you are <12thish or so> but i think it'll be towards the end of the month..this is my 3rd try but im going all the way..this time..the cardio has to figure it out with my pcp...sheesh...

I don't know if this thread is still active--and I realize you've all formed relationships already--but am hoping that there's room for one more in the group. I'm Betsy, a 48-year-old patient of Dr. Lahmann, looking forward to banding on Jan. 12.

Right now, I'm in the midst of the preop diet, and SO exciting about the upcoming changes.

I'm in Plainfield; and look forward to meeting everyone at the doctors' support group. I'm also very open to alternative routes of support--get-togethers outside the hospital setting, etc.

I'm a patient at BMI. I live in Joliet. I have started a yahoo group so we can all support each other through email if you are interested let me know. I know I need all the support I can get. I'm 4 plus months out and it's going slow...

I am a patient of Dr Joyce but am getting flustered by the cost. Does anyone else feel that they are overcharging us on fills? Now that they have the x-ray machine every fill cost $1000.00 :):scared2:

Hi redskittles,

I recently lost my private insurance, and was scared to go and get a fill (esp after I received a bill for 750.00) because I wasn't aware that our insurance had run out before I had gotten a fill! So I bit the bullet and called the office and talked to "Vicky" and told me that she would put me on a self pay and that would lower the amount down to 250.00 per fill. :thumbup:Yes, it's still very expensive, but like Dr. Lahman said, it's a lifetime tool that has to be checked every once in awhile to make sure it's working the right way.

On a side note, I was able to obtain Medicaid because of other medical problems and I mentioned this to Vicky and even said that I'm sure you don't accept that and to my surprise, she said, well since you already have the band and it has to be checked, they WILL accept it! :) I hope that some of this info will help you, keep in touch, when you call to set up your next appt. make sure you talk to Vicky first to work out the payment arraignments first it makes a big difference if you let them know you need to be a self pay.

Thanks for the info mommymj1 but now I think I'm more upset than before. If the actual cost of a fill is only $250 then why is the office charging us $1000? :(

Another one of my friends who actually has Dr. Lahmann said that in the office there is note on the board for anyone who doesn't have insurance saying the cost for self pay is only $275 which means I'd be better off paying for it myself vs going through my insurance.:)

I thought it was better to have insurance but now it looks like if you have insurance they just charge us more than the non-insured :(

Don't they realize that we have deductibles, coinsurance and out of pockets to satisify?? So your just not charging the insurance company more you are actually charging you clients....doesn't seem right :confused:

I'm so sorry that your more upset, I guess I don't understand why your upset though, unless you have a large deductible or large co pay. Not my business to know, just left me wondering. When I had Atena, my co-payment was $35 each time. Good luck. BTW~ do u ever go to the support groups, I've been to a couple of them and it's always been good.

I was banded 02/16, i've lost 25 lbs and i live in joliet. scheduling issues won't allow me to make the support groups...its nice to be able to fit from a 2x to a 18 :smile2:

*hugz*

I have been with Dr. Joyce since 4/08 for my lapband, I am in the process of getting the sleeve, due to my band has a leak. Great doctor. I heard the sleeve is much better than the band anyways