Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have Dr Christopher Joyce?

ok so we just need to Celebrate with a big fat chocolate cake before surgery hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

KIDDING!!

I was suppose to have surgery on Oct. 7 but my DH will be out of town for the first two weeks of Oct.

I have to ask has anyone had a problem with eating more since they started? I seem to be hungry or just wanting to be putting something in my mouth the closer and closer I get to getting my lap band. I don't know if its nerves or psychological mind craziness. I seem to be eating until Im uncomfortable. Maybe I know after the lap band I won't be able to eat this stuff but the weight is coming back on.

I FEEL THAT WAY TOO!! I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME! lol..how funny!..thats ok...Is it bad i told my daughter i'll take her out to the cheesecake factory one last time? :biggrin: *sigh* how terrible :D

Ellinidagreek: I see your birthday is October 10th. Mine is the 11th. I am an almost 58 year old grandma of three (two girls--3,4 and a boy 15 months). They are the loves of my life. I have been married to my husband, Frank, for 38 years and he is more worried about my surgery than I am. We were 17 and 18 when we met and 19 and 20 when we got married, so neither one of us can imagine life without the other. I have three children, all married and all very supportive. I am a Realtor and my husband is a plumbing contractor. I live on a little "farmette" in Frankfort and own two wonderful paint horses. One of my goals is to get under 200lbs so I can ride again. I will look for you at the meeting on the 22nd. I think your sense of humor will help us get through this. My name is Nancy. Anyone who wants to e-mail directly can go to nanatcoldbank@aol.com

Ellinidagreek: I see your birthday is October 10th. Mine is the 11th. I am an almost 58 year old grandma of three (two girls--3,4 and a boy 15 months). They are the loves of my life. I have been married to my husband, Frank, for 38 years and he is more worried about my surgery than I am. We were 17 and 18 when we met and 19 and 20 when we got married, so neither one of us can imagine life without the other. I have three children, all married and all very supportive. I am a Realtor and my husband is a plumbing contractor. I live on a little "farmette" in Frankfort and own two wonderful paint horses. One of my goals is to get under 200lbs so I can ride again. I will look for you at the meeting on the 22nd. I think your sense of humor will help us get through this. My name is Nancy. Anyone who wants to e-mail directly can go to nanatcoldbank@aol.com

Nice to meet you Nancy........and thanks for the sweet words :thumbdown:..you have much to be blessed for...that's amazing!!! Certainly someone to look up to. I can't wait to meet you too!! I had to call BMI today and ask them what next? They said nothing til the meeting..no appointments, no doctor, etc...so we just ride it out. They did tell me that I start liquid Protein thingy on 9/23..until my surgery date...ack! Unbelievable!..*whoo*whoo* I can do this!!..I hope...

*hugs*

cya then!!

I have to start the liquid diet on the 23rd also. We will find out all the details on the 22nd. I have a wedding to attend on the 26th, Friday. Can't miss it---my friend who is 40ish is getting married for the 1st time! My husband and I are going away this weekend. We are celebrating my life changing decision! I have been on liquid diets before (Optifast--I think that's what it was called) and I can do anything for two weeks. I take a lot of medication, though, so I wonder if my doses will have to be adjusted. I guess I'll find out on the 22nd. See you there!

I have to start the liquid diet on the 23rd also. We will find out all the details on the 22nd. I have a wedding to attend on the 26th, Friday. Can't miss it---my friend who is 40ish is getting married for the 1st time! My husband and I are going away this weekend. We are celebrating my life changing decision! I have been on liquid diets before (Optifast--I think that's what it was called) and I can do anything for two weeks. I take a lot of medication, though, so I wonder if my doses will have to be adjusted. I guess I'll find out on the 22nd. See you there!

yeah i figured we're on the same schedule :biggrin:

I'll need someone to cry with..LOL I've never been on a liquid diet thingie ever ever!!...(thus my curvy body!) LOLOL

see ya there 2 :cool2:

i am going to have dr.lahmann for my surgery.mine is going to be open surgery because i had my stomach stapled many years ago. my surgery date is set for oct 5 i am really getting scared. on sept.15 i go to a class i dont know much about that but i will find out. i will be in the hosp. for about four days oh ifor got to say i live in bolingbrook.

i will see you when your in the hosp. because i will have my surgery on the 5 of oct.but will stay about 4 days because mine will be open surgery

i will see you when your in the hosp. because i will have my surgery on the 5 of oct.but will stay about 4 days because mine will be open surgery

daydreamer, we're not that far from each other..im in crest hill :)...are you going to the class on 9/22 or have you already been? Didja start your liquid diet? ? The plan is to go to the support group thingie on 9/30...hope to see ya there!! :thumbup:

Has anyone started there liquid diets? How is it going? I can't wait until next week to meet some of you. I just got the book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. Lots of info. and recipes and menus for clear liquid, liquid and soft food diets. It has educated me a little more and made me a little scared about the changes after the surgery. Like I said I can't wait until the support group. Will there be people there that already have gone through all of this?

Has anyone started there liquid diets? How is it going? I can't wait until next week to meet some of you. I just got the book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. Lots of info. and recipes and menus for clear liquid, liquid and soft food diets. It has educated me a little more and made me a little scared about the changes after the surgery. Like I said I can't wait until the support group. Will there be people there that already have gone through all of this?

Hi cindy!! The preop class for some of us is tonight 430-730...I start my liquid diet tomorrow...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'll see ya the 30th too hopefully...

I'll have to check out the book, sounds interesting

CyndyG: I am going to the three hour pre-op class tonight and starting the liquid diet tomorrow. My surgery date is Octover 7th. I'll let you know about the liquid diet but carol422 has already posted it in a thread. Basically, it is Atkins Advantage shake for Breakfast and lunch and 4 ounces of lean protien and 1/2 cup of veggies for dinner. Plus you can have two serving each of sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and chicken or beef broth. Ummm, sounds yummy! Haha! If it turns out to be different from this, I'll let you know. When is your pre-op class? I know your surgery is in October, right?

CyndyG: I am going to the three hour pre-op class tonight and starting the liquid diet tomorrow. My surgery date is Octover 7th. I'll let you know about the liquid diet but carol422 has already posted it in a thread. Basically, it is Atkins Advantage shake for breakfast and lunch and 4 ounces of lean protien and 1/2 cup of veggies for dinner. Plus you can have two serving each of sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and chicken or beef broth. Ummm, sounds yummy! Haha! If it turns out to be different from this, I'll let you know. When is your pre-op class? I know your surgery is in October, right?

My pre-op class is Oct. 6th and my surgery is Oct. 21. Good Luck!

Hi all,

I too am going to Dr. Lahmann in Joliet. I have all my preop testing done and have insurance approval. I just found out today they still haven't recieved my psych eval even though I had it done more than a week ago. Hopefully my surgery won't be too much longer. I hope I can meet some other's that will have a similar surgery date to me. Hoping to get one here soon. Good luck to all of you!

KP:thumbup:

Yes Im going to the meeting. Im looking foward to meeting all of you.

:)

My birthday is 10/5, I have two daughters who's birthdays are 10/27 & 10/13, and my Mom's is 10/2.

Hi CyndyG! You came up to me at the meeting last night and asked if I was Carol from lapband talk.I had to come on here to see if I was the Carol you were looking for. Now that I'm online here rereading these post I am mad at myself for not realizing that I have posted replies to you. I am sorry. It's just that I don't come on here often. I usually pop on after I get an email saying someone replied to my post. When I'm on here I ususlly only go to the April 08 bandsters. Maybe we will meet again at the next meeting. Again I am sorry.