Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Listen to that Still Small Voice Within...

Practice listening to your heart, your intuition. Are there changes in your life you are feeling called to make? If so take action NOW.

Every time you deny you inner knowing, that small still voice within, you suffer and chip away at your self esteem, your self worth. Release the need to please others, to fit in, to go along with the crowd. Lovingly, assertively, and respectfully speak up for your self, speak your truth. When you deny your truth and ignore your feelings you can’t help but suffer: you may feel angry, sad, victimized, depressed, anxious, or overwhelmed, which often leads to engaging in unhealthy behaviors (overeating, drinking, smoking, shopping, etc) to numb the pain of these feelings. Life is so much simpler when you are authentic. You DO have the power to change your experience of your life. Don't complain. Instead FOCUS on what you DO want in your life, how you WANT to feel and what ALREADY IS GOOD... See yourself as being happy, fulfilled and loved… Keeping this vision/feeling in your heart notice the signs and follow your instincts as they will lead you to living an abundant joy-filled life… All day long check in with yourself to be sure your actions are GROUNDED IN THE ENERGY OF LOVE not fear, anger, or anxiety.

Know this: WHEN YOU LIVE IN LOVE ALL IS WELL! XO

Live in Love,

Louisa

Louisa, My surgery is 2/14/17. I am more than prepared. However to day I am freaking out. I am scared, emotional and on the verge of tears. I have to travel to have surgery which is not a problem we have a home in NV anyway. I am looking forward to getting out of Montana for a short while it has been below zero pretty much since before Christmas.

I have been an RN since 1986 and have gone over everything I would tell a patient that would be expecting surgery and nothing seems to work.

I havent officially started the preop diet but have pretty much cut most of the no no's out already. I was feeling pretty good then this morning I wake up with major anxiety. I am headed to town tomorrow to go to the pain clinic and the dentist on Friday. I was to see both of my daughters and now one may be to busy to see me. I feel I need to see them in case something goes wrong.

I cant figure out why I am freaking out. I am not an overly emotional / hormonal type.

Keri

Louisa, My surgery is 2/14/17. I am more than prepared. However to day I am freaking out. I am scared, emotional and on the verge of tears. I have to travel to have surgery which is not a problem we have a home in NV anyway. I am looking forward to getting out of Montana for a short while it has been below zero pretty much since before Christmas.

I have been an RN since 1986 and have gone over everything I would tell a patient that would be expecting surgery and nothing seems to work.

I havent officially started the preop diet but have pretty much cut most of the no no's out already. I was feeling pretty good then this morning I wake up with major anxiety. I am headed to town tomorrow to go to the pain clinic and the dentist on Friday. I was to see both of my daughters and now one may be to busy to see me. I feel I need to see them in case something goes wrong.

I cant figure out why I am freaking out. I am not an overly emotional / hormonal type.

Keri

Keri i am almost 4 months out and i had those feelings before surgery. Only i think i kind of denied them for a while. Then the day before surgery i freaked out in front of my mom and cried like a baby. It's scary. It was my first surgery. I had never even been admitted to a hospital before that i know of. So i totally understand your nerves.

The day of surgery came and went and i was alive lol. I just knew it wouldn't end well for me (im a pessimist). I still can't believe i did this huge thing I've been talking about for years. It's scary making life changing decisions. It's probably going to get a bit scarier the closer the date gets. But we are here to cheer you on????! So long as you have a support system i think you'll be ok. It might help to just do something to let the emotions out. Just to FEEL them and get them out. Sometimes you just need a good cry or scream. I think you've earned it. Good luck on your coming surgery!

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

@@Keri1019

Hi keri,

It is wonderful that you are so aware of your feelings. Like

• Torriluv87 said a lot of what you are feeling is normal. Another thing is that you said you've been changing your diet and are now doing the official pre-op diet. You may not have realized how often you use food to calm your feelings. Even if you weren't a big "overeater" different types of foods affect your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual experiences. So if you are eating less and eating different foods than what is your norm you might be more connected to and more intensely feeling your feelings right now. Again as Torriluv87 said it is important to acknowledge, feel, and process your emotions. Talk to your support people, journal, exercise, meditate. If it will make you feel better make sure you DO see your daughter before surgery. If you have any strong intuitive hunches that you need to get a second option or re-think having the surgery follow those hunches.... In the mean time keep breathing and focusing on present moment awareness. Look for the joy in this moment and don't allow the fear of the future rob you of the joys and miracles that are waiting for you today.... Wishing you all the best! Louisa

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App