Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

its been ages since i've been on.

i was quite fed up really. I went through a clinic called cosmedico to have the surgery. basically its like an agent that puts you in touch with CDB instead of going directly which i should have done.

Had surgery in early Jan had a fill in feb and then cosmedico couldn't organise a fill for me. i was in for one then they cancelled it and then they scheduled one for a few weeks later telling me that the all the earlier time slots were taken. anyway got the fill about 2 weeks ago went from 3 mls to 5 and wow what a difference! it has i could only drink liquids for 2 weeks now it has loosened a bit and fred said one more fill should do it for me.

strange thing is when i went to get the fill in cosmedico they told me they are no longer running the clinic that its now going to be run in the city centre where i think their main clinic is, and i can't even make appts via cosmedico just direct with fred, so i am suspicious the Dr chris is severing his ties with the clinic which wouldn't suprise me.

anyway had my fill which is working now and even happier not to have to deal with my useless agent. Anyone who is thinking of having the surgery..its much easier to go direct to Dr Chris..skip the agent/clinic cos you only end up paying more. €3000 more to be exact :angry:

you learn through these mistakes i guess!

glad to see everyone has been doing well x

Jo/Claire, many thanks for your replies. very helpful. oss x

ou will be making the right choice going direct oss,you can get an appointment within weeks for surgery and at least you know your in good hands lol,honeybell well done hun,annoying about the crowd you went with but at least you can get your fill booked direct with dr chri's team xx

ou will be making the right choice going direct oss,you can get an appointment within weeks for surgery and at least you know your in good hands lol,honeybell well done hun,annoying about the crowd you went with but at least you can get your fill booked direct with dr chri's team xx

Hi Girls

Havent been posting for a while as im so fed up im at that stage where i am begining to think ive wasted all that money on surgery. And as a result i feel like a total failure.I have had 3 fills now and a total of 6.5mls in my band and i have no restriction what so ever.I can eat bread Pasta rice and in fairly big portion size.I have lost 17.5 pounds since surgery in feb and nothing since (im 284 pounds) so i should be losing a lot more weight than that.I know that the first couple of fills dont help much but i really think i should feel some restriction now.I do realise the band is only a tool but its not doing its job and as a result im obviously eating too much.I could start counting cals again or go to ww but it never worked in the past and thats why i opted for surgery.Im going to see chris this thurs and i think i need to get a decent fill and a proper chat to see where im going wrong.Im so sorry to be so negative but i do think people need to know its down sides as well.If there is anyone out there who has been in my position id love to hear from u or any advice would be helpful i cant tell you how depressed this is making me i dont think i have ever felt so low.

However a big well done to fatty patty i am so pleased for u and i pray that everything goes smooth and stress free from now on.

Hi Girls

Havent been posting for a while as im so fed up im at that stage where i am begining to think ive wasted all that money on surgery. And as a result i feel like a total failure.I have had 3 fills now and a total of 6.5mls in my band and i have no restriction what so ever.I can eat bread Pasta rice and in fairly big portion size.I have lost 17.5 pounds since surgery in feb and nothing since (im 284 pounds) so i should be losing a lot more weight than that.I know that the first couple of fills dont help much but i really think i should feel some restriction now.I do realise the band is only a tool but its not doing its job and as a result im obviously eating too much.I could start counting cals again or go to ww but it never worked in the past and thats why i opted for surgery.Im going to see chris this thurs and i think i need to get a decent fill and a proper chat to see where im going wrong.Im so sorry to be so negative but i do think people need to know its down sides as well.If there is anyone out there who has been in my position id love to hear from u or any advice would be helpful i cant tell you how depressed this is making me i dont think i have ever felt so low.

However a big well done to fatty patty i am so pleased for u and i pray that everything goes smooth and stress free from now on.

i feel for you hunny,why not ask dr chris to take out what you have in and check it's all there and that there isn't a leak,if that is all ok maybe your next fill will do it hun i know when i got to 7.5ml it was too much but 7ml might of been ok i hope you get sorted out,do you walk sara im saying that cause i think the walking is helping me a bit although i hate it i try and make myself do abit lol xx

Hi eveyone.

I now have 7.5ml in my band but not much weight lost and still no restriction can eat everything!!!

Hey everyone... not been on in ages, really busy! Have 7mls in band now and its great, the restriction is great.. I'm just back from holiday and it was hot, my band didnt let me eat anything until around 7pm, since been home its calmed down loads and I can eat around lunch time now but I can eat only small meals now. Since being banded in last Oct I have lost nearly 3 stone, I have 2 stone to go and thats my goal weight.

Just a bit of advice needed though, I am going in for keyhole surgery on 30th June, do I need to get a full defill?

Thanks and good luck to all newbies and well done oldies (not literally!!!)

Have 7mls in band now and its great, the restriction is great.. I'm just back from holiday and it was hot, my band didnt let me eat anything until around 7pm, since been home its calmed down loads and I can eat around lunch time now but I can eat only small meals now. Since being banded in last Oct I have lost nearly 3 stone, I have 2 stone to go and thats my goal weight.

Just a bit of advice needed though, I am going in for keyhole surgery on 30th June, do I need to get a full defill?

Welldone on your loss. That's really good. It's not pleasant when you can't eat until a certain time. That's what my day is usually like.

I spoke with Dr Chris the other day about further surgery and he said a 2ml defill. But ask Frederik for clarification.

HTH

Claire

Welldone on your loss. That's really good. It's not pleasant when you can't eat until a certain time. That's what my day is usually like.

I spoke with Dr Chris the other day about further surgery and he said a 2ml defill. But ask Frederik for clarification.

HTH

Claire

thanks Claire xx

Hi eveyone.

I now have 7.5ml in my band but not much weight lost and still no restriction can eat everything!!!

Hi laila

Where are we going wrong.I read on here people who have restriction at 5mls ect or 3 fills honestly you would not know ive got a band never mind 3 fills.And i have been sticking to the rules 90% of the time ive cut out wine took up walking i even went on to slimfast for a week last week but i cant keep that up its so depressing and i get hungry.How much can a band hold. im going to make sure i get 1ml this week and if that does not work then i guess im goosed and i dont think ill be forking out any more money i feel as though im throwing it away.

i feel for you hunny,why not ask dr chris to take out what you have in and check it's all there and that there isn't a leak,if that is all ok maybe your next fill will do it hun i know when i got to 7.5ml it was too much but 7ml might of been ok i hope you get sorted out,do you walk sara im saying that cause i think the walking is helping me a bit although i hate it i try and make myself do abit lol xx

Hi slinky

Thanks for your quick response yes i do walk and ive just bought a pair of skechers tone up flip-flops i live in Ayr Scotland and i live near the beach me and my friend walk along to the pier and back about 2.5 miles. As for my fills.Chris takes it out and then fills it back in everytime ive been for a fill so i dont have a leek.When i go to see him on Thurs im going to have a proper chat intead of saying i feel fine and being filled and sent on my way. Did u feel any restriction at all before you got 7.5mls i think i read it in one of your posts that you are eating more since you got 1.5mls taken back out do you think 7 and 7.5 are the magic numbers i really hope so.Thanks again for your support i guess its hard for bansters who get restriction quickly to understand how fusrating it is

it feels as if im doing something wrong.:(

Hi slinky

Thanks for your quick response yes i do walk and ive just bought a pair of skechers tone up flip-flops i live in Ayr Scotland and i live near the beach me and my friend walk along to the pier and back about 2.5 miles. As for my fills.Chris takes it out and then fills it back in everytime ive been for a fill so i dont have a leek.When i go to see him on Thurs im going to have a proper chat intead of saying i feel fine and being filled and sent on my way. Did u feel any restriction at all before you got 7.5mls i think i read it in one of your posts that you are eating more since you got 1.5mls taken back out do you think 7 and 7.5 are the magic numbers i really hope so.Thanks again for your support i guess its hard for bansters who get restriction quickly to understand how fusrating it is

it feels as if im doing something wrong.:(

your doing everything right hun,i did feel a little restriction but nothing like when i had the 7ml so your next fill might be your answer hun,but if i was you go early and sit outside and drink Water to make sure you dont get overfilled like i did,that's what im gonna do on thur get my fill and sit outside in the waiting room for about an hour to make sure im ok,because last time i went straight home and couldnt keep nothing down so chin up,this could finally be the fill you need hope so hun keep us informed xx

Hi laila

Where are we going wrong.I read on here people who have restriction at 5mls ect or 3 fills honestly you would not know ive got a band never mind 3 fills.And i have been sticking to the rules 90% of the time ive cut out wine took up walking i even went on to slimfast for a week last week but i cant keep that up its so depressing and i get hungry.How much can a band hold. im going to make sure i get 1ml this week and if that does not work then i guess im goosed and i dont think ill be forking out any more money i feel as though im throwing it away.

Hello

You aren't doing anything wrong.

Everyone gets restriction at different times, some of us early and others a little further on in the journey. What's important is to know that you made a life changing decision and you can't just give up on that unless you are prepared to go and spend the same amount of money to have the band removed. Are you?

Do you think you are pressurising yourself too much and think that just because you and others around you know you have the band think you should be some skinny minnie by now? We all get there in the end and it doesn't matter if we take 6 months, 12 months or 3 years. It's not a race but a life changing choice to help you control what you weren't able to before the band.

Why not take a break from focusing on it so much and just get on with life and enjoy it. Celebrate what you have lost to date and don't forget that you may not be losing weight but you might be losing inches and changing body shape.

I am happy to share my excel spreadsheet that tracks weight, BMI amd measurements. You'll have to pm me your email addy.

Don't be too disheartened because you could be the other way and not have eaten anything properly since October last year. I would love to be able to eat a piece of chicken and not feel it blocking or hurting however much you have chewed it etc. So slowly slowly steady steady and it will start to come off. Keep a food diary aswell to see what you are having and track the calories. I now it's tiresome and boring but you made need to do this to see what the foods are that are causing you to stay at the weight rather than lose it.

HTH stay positive

Claire

Hey Guys

Off to see Dr Chris again on Thursday. Now have 7mls in 7.5 ml band an although have a tiny bit of restriction I think this next one might FINALLY be the one for me.....

SaraP I know you are getting frustrated and I totally understand how you feel. I have missed 6 months of fills due to ash cloud, Dr Chris flight being cancelled another month, then I was taken ill and had to go into hospital so missed another few months, then I was getting married and going on honeymoon so had to get a defill - nightmare however think positive and think that you have lose weight this year and you will eventually get to the right level for you, I know it can be horrible when it seems everyone else around you is doing so well but it will finally start doing its job.

Every chance i might see you in edinburgh on Thursday - I am at 2.10

Take care

Kerry x

Hi Girls

Thank you Sarah.

Hun I was like you last year and didn't think this band was gonna work for me and then I had the 4th fill and bam! I reckon one more and you will be on your way chick, don't give up yet and I am sure Dr Chris will give you some sound advise.

Good luck x