Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello all

So my band is 6 months old tomorrow and although I did really well in the beginning I have only lost 1.5lbs in the last 8 weeks.

I really need my 4th fill but pennies won't allow til November.

Please can some you tell me how you had done by the 6 month mark, and whether the next fill will really make a difference?

Feeling a bit P***sed off to be honest as had a couple of negative comments recently from the very few people that know I've had this done along the lines of "it's not working is it" or "seems like a waste of money".

I know from some of you experienced bandsters on here and the results you've had that it does work, but, admittedly I thought the weight loss may have been a little quicker.

Just looking for some reassurance I guess xx

Hi all

ok so im going on mon and geting banded on tue and i cant w8. I havent realy thought about the op that much its just geting everthing packt and reddy to go that im woried about. i think i must be mad that im not freeking out yet lol:unsure:

I don't know to much about him either only from google would be good to hear off anyone, I am off in october to. wishing you all the best x

hi new guys chris de bruyne is a really good surgeon, i am so pleased i went with him. He has done more gastic band operations than any other surgeon in europe. When i went it was all really professional and the hospital is very clean and modern. most of the nurses spoke English, chris and fredrick speak brillant english, though chris speaks quite fast.You are really well looked after when you get there:smile:.

Hi all

ok so im going on mon and geting banded on tue and i cant w8. I havent realy thought about the op that much its just geting everthing packt and reddy to go that im woried about. i think i must be mad that im not freeking out yet lol:unsure:

good luck honey we are all here to talk to :biggrin:

Hello all

So my band is 6 months old tomorrow and although I did really well in the beginning I have only lost 1.5lbs in the last 8 weeks.

I really need my 4th fill but pennies won't allow til November.

Please can some you tell me how you had done by the 6 month mark, and whether the next fill will really make a difference?

Feeling a bit P***sed off to be honest as had a couple of negative comments recently from the very few people that know I've had this done along the lines of "it's not working is it" or "seems like a waste of money".

I know from some of you experienced bandsters on here and the results you've had that it does work, but, admittedly I thought the weight loss may have been a little quicker.

Just looking for some reassurance I guess xx

Hi FP

Like you my band is 6 months old and weight loss has been slower than expected however on the positive side it is coming off and I am now 3 stone lighter than I would have been without the band.

I am going for my fourth fill next month as I just missed his Ediburgh visit this week as I was ill, but hoping that fill 4 will be the one. My restriction is funny, cannot eat a single thing until about lunch time, then I have either soup/porridge, a yoghurt and a piece of fruit and then at night I have my evening meal, it takes a while to go down but I can still eat decent plateful

My family are being really supportive and my daughter and hubby to be are encouraging me to exercise with them which I am doing more of - helping with the inches but not the weight.

Be patient it will come and don't let anyones negativity affect you

Kerry x

Hi FP

Like you my band is 6 months old and weight loss has been slower than expected however on the positive side it is coming off and I am now 3 stone lighter than I would have been without the band.

I am going for my fourth fill next month as I just missed his Ediburgh visit this week as I was ill, but hoping that fill 4 will be the one. My restriction is funny, cannot eat a single thing until about lunch time, then I have either soup/porridge, a yoghurt and a piece of fruit and then at night I have my evening meal, it takes a while to go down but I can still eat decent plateful

My family are being really supportive and my daughter and hubby to be are encouraging me to exercise with them which I am doing more of - helping with the inches but not the weight.

Be patient it will come and don't let anyones negativity affect you

Kerry x

i am the same as you i cn't eat until lunch time,it just feels to tight at Breakfast. but i feel like the band is working well for me. sundays i find hard days because i used to have a big sunday dinner and then go down the pub for the afternoon. Really bad habit it get into, but i am a sociable persom and i like seeing my friends. I am trying to aviod it at the moment and go for a walk with my dog instead.

there is no way i could have lost the weight without the band to help i tried for years.

I agree with kerryeven if you are losing it slowly thats ok isn;t it at least its coming off? stick in there is amazing how over the months a few pounds each month make so much difference in the long run:smile:

Good luck Lyn, see you when its all done and dusted.

Poor you FP, I know how you feel, I was the same, banded in Feb 2009, and by July I had only lost about 7 lbs.

I thought I was a failure and it would never shift, then I had another fill and whoa, I couldnt hardly eat anything.

I was over-filled but at least I lost weight.

Dont let those negative comments from ignorant people get you down. The band is NOT a waste of money and it DOES work.

They will have to eat their words a few months from now.

People love to do this dont they, it makes me so angry, what do they know about the band if they havent got one???

You see when you get to your sweet spot, you can eat almost anything but in tiny quantities. Its quite hard to get used to the fact, I still try to eat more than my little tum will hold and have to run to the loo.

Its the most awful feeling but I'm starting to learn.

Imagine that your normal stomach is ..for want of a better term a big balloon, and your small tum is the size of a small baby's. If you think how much a baby can eat then you get the idea.

I eat whatever I want, which is wrong I suppose and maybe thats why my weightloss is slow.

I was never much good at this dieting lark, thats why I got the band in the first place.

If you struggle with foods and they get stuck I think its because your band isnt tight enough yet.

Some foods I never eat, like fruit and white bread, , but I eat what I can, take my Vitamins and try to drink a lot. (mostly beer and vodka lol)

I'm not very good at explaining things but I do hope it helps someone.:biggrin:

hi all

goin into the credit union during the week and begging for a loan.. cant wait to only be able to eat a small bit. not looking forward to the pain but sure no pain no gain, ha!

:biggrin:

Poor you FP,

Dont let those negative comments from ignorant people get you down. The band is NOT a waste of money and it DOES work.

They will have to eat their words a few months from now.

People love to do this dont they, it makes me so angry, what do they know about the band if they havent got one???

I eat whatever I want, which is wrong I suppose and maybe thats why my weightloss is slow.

I was never much good at this dieting lark, thats why I got the band in the first place.

I'm not very good at explaining things but I do hope it helps someone.:biggrin:

That someone is definately me thank you sweetheart!

Scoobydo thank you too and thanks Fatty Patty cos I am in the same boat as you - it's me own fault.

I need to start yet another diet to try get some movement as under a spot light at this end cos I'm the first bander anyone knows - and I'm not losing.

I don't get my first fill until 22nd Oct - i have a friend on here who went to Chris De B and came back with 4m's - jealous is not the word.

I'm coming up to 1month banded - the thing is this can alter

the sensation of fullness but not your bad habits and Freckles I am with you on the sweet tooth thing. I KNOW it is bad; I also saw my sister who helped fund me, deal with the nightmare of me post op, today (she came over for weekend at my parents); I could see she saw me and thought 'where's the results?'. She didn't say as much - but I know her.

Of course this made me feel bad and as the village goss spreads and therefore re me - the pressure of having to achieve some dramatic extreme makeover sporting look is quite frankly making me eat!

It's sh*t - I know the triggers - yet here I go again - plus note? I can't scran as much as I did before - pasties and toast give me the 'tennis ball stuck in my chest' sensation. But it was the devious nature in me that got me fat in the first place and fear it is taking over again.

So.... I watch Xfactor tonight - and routed for the underdog plus size over 28 categorylady; and marvelled at those young girls with their carefree lives with slender curves and vowed: I shall start again tomoro... - I often do wonder what I would have achieved for myself if my first thoughts had not always been marred by my weight issued 2nd thoughts! x

That someone is definately me thank you sweetheart!

Scoobydo thank you too and thanks Fatty Patty cos I am in the same boat as you - it's me own fault.

I need to start yet another diet to try get some movement as under a spot light at this end cos I'm the first bander anyone knows - and I'm not losing.

I don't get my first fill until 22nd Oct - i have a friend on here who went to Chris De B and came back with 4m's - jealous is not the word.

I'm coming up to 1month banded - the thing is this can alter

the sensation of fullness but not your bad habits and Freckles I am with you on the sweet tooth thing. I KNOW it is bad; I also saw my sister who helped fund me, deal with the nightmare of me post op, today (she came over for weekend at my parents); I could see she saw me and thought 'where's the results?'. She didn't say as much - but I know her.

Of course this made me feel bad and as the village goss spreads and therefore re me - the pressure of having to achieve some dramatic extreme makeover sporting look is quite frankly making me eat!

It's sh*t - I know the triggers - yet here I go again - plus note? I can't scran as much as I did before - pasties and toast give me the 'tennis ball stuck in my chest' sensation. But it was the devious nature in me that got me fat in the first place and fear it is taking over again.

So.... I watch Xfactor tonight - and routed for the underdog plus size over 28 categorylady; and marvelled at those young girls with their carefree lives with slender curves and vowed: I shall start again tomoro... - I often do wonder what I would have achieved for myself if my first thoughts had not always been marred by my weight issued 2nd thoughts! x

your only human, feck everyone else, ur doing this for you and not for them, take ur time, do what you can and results will come in time...

keep ur head high and walk proud! u made the 1st step..

Its amazing how much your confidence can change when you lose a little weight.

I had a works party last night and for the 1st time in my life I wore a dress and high heels and everyone said I looked amazing, after several too many cocktails I ended up in the middle of a very very busy pub in a dance off with a young guy in his 20s - hilarious - but better still I won.....

Now these are things I would never have done in my former fat life and it just goes to show that as well as changing your physical appearance the band must also change your self belief and your approach to life

Long may it continue

Kerry xx

Oh wow ... that must have felt amazing - did you find anyone's (friends) opinion of you change for better or for worse when you started 'shedding'? Has your style sense changed too? What size clothes were you to what you are now? (sorry do tell me to burger off...) I'm just so interested! x

Hi all, I haven't been on for a while so thought it time to catch up. Sorry if I missed any posts directed at me since last time, there are too many for me to read back on!!

Well, I'm really confused, haven't had a fill for a few months, as the weight loss has been slow but I'm happy with that. Had 3 fills altogether and although I didn't feel like I'd found my "sweet spot" had an inkling I was pretty close to it. Here's where the confusion starts..... for the last week or so I've had virtually constant heartburn and been struggling at night, think this is the dreaded REFLUX :biggrin:

A couple of times I've woken up with, what I think of as sick in my mouth (though probably just liquidy stuff that hasn't passed through the band before I've gone to bed). I'm not really sure why this has just started happening now when I haven't had another fill, I hope to God the band hasn't slipped or something!! I'm trying my best not to eat or drink for a while before I go to bed, but I'm a big drinker (soft drinks only) I like to take little sips often and I'm struggling to break the habit. Really concerned that even drinks don't seem to want to pass through the band all of a sudden. Any advice please? I almost feel like making myself sick to shift whatever is sitting above my band just to get some comfort. :crying:

On a positive note, I officially passed the half way point on my weight loss journey this week!! It's happened slower than I thought it would (back in February I imagined myself in a size 12 dress by Christmas) but I'm more than happy with it, and sooooo many people are noticing my loss now. One of my mates has taken to calling me "Twiggy", love it!!

Love to all.

hi all

goin into the credit union during the week and begging for a loan.. cant wait to only be able to eat a small bit. not looking forward to the pain but sure no pain no gain, ha!

:biggrin:

good luck with the credit union hun,you could soon be on your way lol,lynda good luck hun and let us know how you get on in belgium xxxxxx:thumbup: