Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

we are also under the impression that the first fill is free, i,ve got an e mail with details on so hopefully that will cover us. who was your contact for the band, our was tullia law, she was very professional but also quite abrupt with the answers to all my questions. thats why i have found this forum a lifeline.

I had my 4th fill on saturday. Saw Dr Chris de Bruyne this time instead of Dr Marc Forquet.

I was meant to have 6.5cc in my band but he only managed to get out 5.5cc.....said it was very clear so no worries about leakage. He added another 1cc so back to 6.5cc now.

Told him how I'd been eating too many extra ie chocolate and chocolate biscuits. Told me to have 4 small meals a day instead of the 2 I've been having.

So after 2 days of liquids I decided to make porridge for the kids this morning and have a little of it. I got myself 2 heaped tablespoons in a bowl but only managed half. It was very sloppy and thought it'd go down ok. The pain was starting in my chest...(you know the feeling) so I stopped. It's now half an hour later and I'm burping well and full!!

I hope its cos I'm still a bit swollen from the fill on saturday!!...surely I gotta be able to eat more than that!

Awwww never mind maybe we will meet for that shopping trip lol. Im sorry to hear you are not to well, I must of just been one of the lucky ones because I didnt get any sickness just gas in the shoulders and a bit light headed but apart from that I was up and about very quickly and to be honest could of gone home on Friday but thought it best to stay just in case, so went sight seeing instead. It only hurts a little in my tummy when I bend over, but apart from that everything is fine. Didnt much fancy doing the injections lol but have learnt very quickly to do them and they dont hurt at all.

And of course you are right about taking your partners or friends with you if you can, its a bit lonely recovering on your own, but you get throu it :biggrin:

How are you doing on the liquid diet, im begining to feel a bit hungrey now and am constantly drinking tea, cuppa Soups, apple juice and milk lol

hi

After all we've been through we deserve a shopping trip.

I have to confess to adding yoghurts and farleys rusks after 3 days. was feeling quite hungry..however, waves of nausea means I havent tolerated much at all... think my calorie count is very low.. will lose weight for that reason alone.. tried porridege this morning...very milky of course.. was good but again could only eat a very small portion.. given no restriction at the moment..I'm wondering how much I will be able to eat with a fill... my guess, a tiny morsel!!!..

My banding has leaked out at work.. apparently its the topic of conversation!!!...not what I wanted but there you go..!!

hiya yes i was booked in for my first fill in bristol on thursday and his secratary phoned me last week that they couldnt do them in bristol was really peeved as i got to go to london now on 30th 4 hours away for my fill at 5 o clock deceided to go by train as its quicker booked and paid for my tickets and had another phone call today saying that my appoitment time has changed to 1 and i dont get to london till 2 so just got to go and wait till he can slip me in anything up to 4 o clock so im not to happy hope its not going to be like this everytime.

hi chriisy4, so glad everything worked out great for you and that you had no problems,reading about your trip has eased my worries a lot cos were off this thurs, bless us. my friend has an appointment at the doctors this wed so im keeeping my fingers crossed for her. how is the appetite now, are you hungry, when did they recommend that you have your first fill?

hi jojoyoung, im really glad to hear that your friend has at least taken the first step, fingers crossed for her. I will be thinking of you both on Thursday, good luck and let me know how you get on. Im feeling fine, wind has now gone and the incisions are healing very nicely, no real pain just a bit of a tug when I bend over.

I am now begining to feel a bit hungry and cant wait to start the next stage lol. They recommend you have a fill 4 or 5 weeks after your op. Dr Chris offers a double fill which he does in his office via an xray, you have one fill done, stay overnight in hotel then go back in the next day for another one which again is done by xray, so I am thinking I might go for this option. He is the only one that will do it, and he is not coming back to London for a while, so its worth thinking about. Fredrik only does the single fill.

How are you feeling about it all? :biggrin:

I wish you all the best for Thursday :tongue2:

hi

After all we've been through we deserve a shopping trip.

I have to confess to adding yoghurts and farleys rusks after 3 days. was feeling quite hungry..however, waves of nausea means I havent tolerated much at all... think my calorie count is very low.. will lose weight for that reason alone.. tried porridege this morning...very milky of course.. was good but again could only eat a very small portion.. given no restriction at the moment..I'm wondering how much I will be able to eat with a fill... my guess, a tiny morsel!!!..

My banding has leaked out at work.. apparently its the topic of conversation!!!...not what I wanted but there you go..!!

Ooooo thats a good idea eating porridege, not tried that yet, just stayed on Soups and yoghurts. Today I had a banana milkshake and added whey protien to it which didnt really touch the spot lol. I feel I could have a fill now as im not really feeling full on anything much, but will try the porridege. Its such a shame that you are still feeling sick, I guess you have taken those tablets for nausea that they gave you? I didnt need them in the end, so if you wanted mine you can have them.

Have you made an appointment yet for your first fill, i havent but am thinking of going back to Dr C for a double fill.

Are you back at work yet? I dont go back til Thursday. Bugger about the leak at work, but you can be proud of what you have done, its not easy having everyone talking about you, but im sure they will be supportive now they all know. I didnt tell anyone at work so it couldnt leak but im sure they will start asking questions when the weight starts coming off and I have a Christmas dinner hurdle to get over in Dec lol, im sure they will wonder why I can only eat a tiny amount of dinner lol ooops, and of course I still havent told my parents, and my Mum always cooks a huge dinner for me, havent worked that one out yet. :tongue2:

yea the luvvelyy tullia!! i have still got the paperwork stating first fill free which i will be taking with me and luvelly tullia's number so she can do the explaining

x

Ooooo thats a good idea eating porridege, not tried that yet, just stayed on Soups and yoghurts. Today I had a banana milkshake and added whey protien to it which didnt really touch the spot lol. I feel I could have a fill now as im not really feeling full on anything much, but will try the porridege. Its such a shame that you are still feeling sick, I guess you have taken those tablets for nausea that they gave you? I didnt need them in the end, so if you wanted mine you can have them.

Have you made an appointment yet for your first fill, i havent but am thinking of going back to Dr C for a double fill.

Are you back at work yet? I dont go back til Thursday. Bugger about the leak at work, but you can be proud of what you have done, its not easy having everyone talking about you, but im sure they will be supportive now they all know. I didnt tell anyone at work so it couldnt leak but im sure they will start asking questions when the weight starts coming off and I have a Christmas dinner hurdle to get over in Dec lol, im sure they will wonder why I can only eat a tiny amount of dinner lol ooops, and of course I still havent told my parents, and my Mum always cooks a huge dinner for me, havent worked that one out yet. :Dancing_biggrin:

HI.. my daughter put it on facebook!!.. could have killed her..

I havent booked a fill yet.. papers on desk this morning to ring manchester but this double fill in belgium sounds interesting.. any details, like is it safe ,and how much?? If it sounds ok, then maybe we could consider going at the same time. .. have a day sight seeing... but, hey, you've managed that... I only saw the hotel room!!,...lol...

by the way, where have all the other recent bandsters gone??

hi again chrissy.. ive taken the week off sick.. i have a physical job so any lifting would kill me right now... today, I feel so much better.. nausea seems to have stopped..fingers crossed.. have you seen the recipies on this site.. very american , but some sound very tasty...worth a look although some dont seem very low in calories!!!

hi, tullia is not very forthcoming with information is she. do we just turn up at the hospital/clinic on the morning at 7am,or as i have read other people saying that frederick or dr chris came to see the night before what did you do. i think im more nervous about all the arrangements rather than the surgery.

hi, tullia is not very forthcoming with information is she. do we just turn up at the hospital/clinic on the morning at 7am,or as i have read other people saying that frederick or dr chris came to see the night before what did you do. i think im more nervous about all the arrangements rather than the surgery.

here here.... email them to make sure all is in order...at the airport look out for ECF card.. they wont necessarily have your name on the card. Frederick met me in the hotel late at night.. he'l tell you what time the taxi will pick you up..0645 for me...on discharge, go to reception , ECF use renault taxi only.. so dont get into any other or you'll be charged. he visited me at the hotel again on morning i was flying home.. taxis were promp. Travel light..

HELLO FREDERICK!!

Hi. Im new on here..Its great!! read all 28 pages last night up til 1am!..booked with doctor Chris for 9th jan 2009..darent tell anyone yet cos theyll try and put me off, but I have saved for years for it..sure it will be worth it!!..wont it?! bit nervous! :Dancing_biggrin: Gillian x

thanks, i think we have to make our own way to the hotel and to the hospital they were not included in our price plan, but i wonder if anyone will come thurs night.

hi gillian welcome, you will find this forum a godsend, everything you need to know someone will be able to answer. i was so nervous to begin with but just reading all other peoples experiences has made it such a positive and exciting time.