Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

sorry rapdad i work night and get confused as there is no dates on post you have either had your surgery last week or today either way let us know how you are and if you ok x

Hi there,

Was banded 2weeks ago tomorrow. What can I say...... It seems that general anaesthetic and I are perhaps not best suited! Took a while for it to get out my system then terrible gas pains after, had to delay my flight by a day as I wasn't fit to travel. However I'm almost 2 weeks out and feeling much better. Eating normal food again, which is a delight and definitely feel fuller quicker and for longer ( and that's before a fill!) weight loss has stalled for the past few days, although trying not to be a slave to the scales- not succeeding! So far have lost 13lbs, 8 of which are post op.

Looking forward to the next few months when I start to see the results.

Thanks for asking,

A, x

what day is it you go princess,if you gone already you will be fine hun good luck xx

Thanks Wannabe, I'm off tomorrow, very nervous, just trying to pack here now, Thanks for the good wishes! x

Congrats tothose recentlybanded do hope you are starting to settle into your newlife and good luck to those off to Belgium in the next few weeks.

Take care

Cx

I have just sent Frederik an email because I am at the end of my tether and need a solution.

Here's the message:

I have a couple of queries that are, I feel, now at the stage of urgent. I am booked for an appointment on Thursday this week in London. Are you doing the clinic this Thursday?

I have been for the last couple of months (of and on) having a little difficulty with acid reflux. I have 6ml in my band and am below my target weight but now very concerned because I have good days and bad days but by no means am I able to eat a proper small meal. Although saying that I have been able to eat seeded bread with cheese (soft) as and when. I have also over the past few weeks managed a couple of pieces of Pasta (x 2) and small bits of chicken (approx 1/2 inch in size) and not been sick. I have survived mainly on Soup since December 2010 and I have to be honest I am fed up with eating just liquids. I am so exhausted as I am finding it difficult to get the right amount of Protein etc and my energy levels have plummetted over the last few weeks where I have to take a nap in the day (when I am not at work) beacuse I am so exhausted. I also have this horrible burning sensation and find that milk helps but amvery worried.

So do you think it would be a good idea to have a slight defill?

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Claire x

I had a response from Frederik

He is doing the London clinic on Thirsday and said that he thought I should have a slight defill.

So glad I wasn't being paranoid and have at least highlighted this.

Looking forward to going to London on Thursday. Appt is 3 ish so anyone going along come say hello would be lovely to touch base.

Take care

Cx

Hi how is everyone? Almost 32 weeks preggo now and the band is behaving itself :) Was wondering if anyone who was banded privately had their 1 year xray/check up? Did you have to go to the same surgeon or can you go elsewhere? Obviously I cant go until March at the earliest but thought can I go somewhere closer to home than belguim for the check up? Suppose I could make a holiday of it but would be good to know. Thanks x

Hi how is everyone? Almost 32 weeks preggo now and the band is behaving itself :) Was wondering if anyone who was banded privately had their 1 year xray/check up? Did you have to go to the same surgeon or can you go elsewhere? Obviously I cant go until March at the earliest but thought can I go somewhere closer to home than belguim for the check up? Suppose I could make a holiday of it but would be good to know. Thanks x

Hi I'm needing my X-ray too. After speaking to Julie she said get one anywhere and brig to next fill. She said theres a company called X-ray express in London same street he does his fills.

Hi I'm needing my X-ray too. After speaking to Julie she said get one anywhere and brig to next fill. She said theres a company called X-ray express in London same street he does his fills.

Thank you Jude, London is probably more accessible to me than belgium. Do you have any idea of the cost for this? x

Hi,

Just to let you know my GP referred me to my local hospital for the x-ray and then she posted the results to Dr. Chris.

Daisy

Hi,

Just to let you know my GP referred me to my local hospital for the x-ray and then she posted the results to Dr. Chris.

Daisy

That's very good.

Alternative -

Xray express - 121 Harley Street, London, W1G 6AX Letter from Dr Chris at the London Clinic

Cost is £90

Tel: 020 7224 6493

HTH

Claire

Hi,

Daisy

Thats great, I was thinking of asking my consultant if she could refer me after the baby is born. They were happy enough to give me defills if needed so hopefully I can get an xray :) Thanks you lovelies x

Important to remember that the band is guranteed by Dr Chris and if you have fills eslewhere (my understanding) that the guarantee was null and defunct. Is this correct?

Cx

Hi there,

Was banded 2weeks ago tomorrow. What can I say...... It seems that general anaesthetic and I are perhaps not best suited! Took a while for it to get out my system then terrible gas pains after, had to delay my flight by a day as I wasn't fit to travel. However I'm almost 2 weeks out and feeling much better. Eating normal food again, which is a delight and definitely feel fuller quicker and for longer ( and that's before a fill!) weight loss has stalled for the past few days, although trying not to be a slave to the scales- not succeeding! So far have lost 13lbs, 8 of which are post op.

Looking forward to the next few months when I start to see the results.

Thanks for asking,

A, x

rapdad glad your over the worst hun,and now you can begin your journey lol,its hard not to be scales watcher,it becomes a habit not too good for me anyway i find my scales dont move for ages then they jump every couple of months but everyone is different and you will lose weight hun it's so exciting xx

Important to remember that the band is guranteed by Dr Chris and if you have fills eslewhere (my understanding) that the guarantee was null and defunct. Is this correct?

Cx

that is correct claire he wont stand by the band if another provider has been near it lol fills etc xx,hope your ok princess and over the worst of it hun,just think things can only get better xx,ps has anyone from ireland north of south had xray done over here,as i find it hard to find someone to do my xray over here and the doctors not too good either x