Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi,

Everone I am new to the forum and just wanted to let you all know I am having my band fitted on aug 6th.

I am booked in with dr bruyne and to be honest I am feeling WORRIED.

aLl the usual stuff risks etc, and also feel selfish to be putting my self at risk with two young kids and a family to support.

Was wondering if there were many other men on here who have had the band done.?

Hi Fullfat, welcome to the forum! In answer to your question, if you go back to page 614 (and many of the previous pages), you will find garrymcfall. He is definitely your man to ask any questions you might have. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you send him a PM (personal mail) through the forum! There are quite a few men on here who have been banded, and had terrific weight loss. Good luck for the 6th! Kath.:thumbup:

Slinky I'm almost ready - not sure what i'm taking. How come you know so much about what happens I have researched and this is the first i knew about us having to inject ourselves why do we do this

Fullfat

I'm not a man but know how you feel I too have 2 children the youngest 6 and have battled with my self re; decisions made.

I over came this by looking at health the thiings I cant do or just feel uncomfortable with becasue of my weight.

If I'm happy so are my family, this is a risk but so is staying fat x

Hi every one

I am having my band fitted on 6th July and can't wait. I have been reading all the comment and i think they are great. I am travelling on my own and I went with europesurgery. After reading about the package I e-mailed Bridget and she said it was an offer they were doing at the moment, so she said that i would be reinbust for the hotel, and I'm still waiting to hear about the taxis. Well done to every one who has lost SO much weight I cant wait till that is me:thumbup:

Twilight - Hope all went well on 6th -, when you can please let us know how everything went thinking of you x

Slinky I'm almost ready - not sure what i'm taking. How come you know so much about what happens I have researched and this is the first i knew about us having to inject ourselves why do we do this

im just a world of knowledge sher lol,ive read every page in this forum,you inject yourself for about 5 days just wee needles to stop blood clotting,have you been taking milk thistle tabs ive just started taking them to cleanse my liver and it does need it.Now what ya packing im taking windeeze,calpol 6 plus,gripe Water, nurofen melts,loose clothing,slip on shoes,handtowel for hos,washbag,cup a Soup, mug and a spoon,tea and coffee and pj's,but in hospital im gonna wear their gown,my computer and the whole series of friends to watch on my rest day in hotel lol:thumbup:

Hi Fullfat, welcome to the forum! In answer to your question, if you go back to page 614 (and many of the previous pages), you will find garrymcfall. He is definitely your man to ask any questions you might have. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you send him a PM (personal mail) through the forum! There are quite a few men on here who have been banded, and had terrific weight loss. Good luck for the 6th! Kath.:thumbup:

how has your weightloss been mooster:huh2:

I hope all you newbies meet up in Belgium and are supportive of each other.

I understand what you girlies are saying about the 25bmi being low and that the people could lose it on their own.

My daughter is 32, and ever since she was a teenager she has practically starved herself to keep to a size 12.

She does have blow outs though, but she is now at the end of her tether, she's sick and tired of constantly being on a diet.

I can sympathise with her, maybe cos I'm biased, maybe not, but what kind of a way is that to live?

She has good will power (unlike me) but now she feels that she needs help, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like her.

She needs to stay on diets to keep to a size 12, if she eats normally, then she puts on weight, I think its in the genes, sadly.

I'm off the see Freddyboy in manchester this afternoon.

I need a tiny bit of a fill, cos I can eat almost anything and have put on 2 to 4 lbs since my last de-fill.

I just wish we could get it right for me to be at my sweet spot.

Its driving me crazy, I'm hungry all the time, of course most of it is in my head, but you try telling your stomach that!!!!

Slinky you are becoming an expert here and so much help to others, I thank you for that.

I just want you all to know that its not as bad as you think it will be, from my experience, though I wasnt banded in Belgium.

I was banded in Southampton Bupa by Michael Van den Bossche the first time in 2005.

In 2007 the band developed a leak and in 2009 I was re-banded by Michael ( had to pay again, at a reduced price and a free band from the manufacturer).

The surgery took a little longer the second time because of the removal of the damaged band, and my port area was very sore, because the surgeon had to remove scar tissue where the band had attached itself, to my internal organs.

However I would go through this again if this one failed (God forbid).

It was worth all of the discomfort and anxiety, and you will all be fine and afterwards will wonder why you were worried.

Dont forget girls/guys this is keyhole surgery, not a major operation, dont build it up to be worse than it actually is.

I never want to be a fatty again and now I have the tools to ensure that I wont be, its like a miracle, so keep thinking positive cos you wont ever look back.

I hope that helps you people, and good luck, not that you'll need it.

hi all

Sorry to say ive not been on the site as much as before, but i can still see its a massive support to all new and old, i would just like to say hi to all you new guys and wish you all the best, i am 19 months post op and i am still learnig, every day can be different, so please do not get disheartened, trust me it will come. If someone said to me on the operating table that 19 months from now i would still not be at my target i would of got up and ran. time passes so fast and i wasnt without my problems at the begining (ie port issue) so i had to get re opereted on in august last year so i suppose im really only 11 monts on but i am delighted with the results and now that i am at a comfortable weight i dont really worry any more on when i reach my target as i know i will. I have lost 9.5 stone and have my name down to do the glasgow half marathon in september.

PLease do not think i posted this to blow smoke up my own arse as its not, its for all you guys at the begininng of you joureny and just some thoughts for you that you will achieve your goals, it aint easy but you will do it if you work with your band.

If anyone needs any questions answered i am always willing to help if i know the answer.

g

Slinky you are becoming an expert here and so much help to others, I thank you for that.

I just want you all to know that its not as bad as you think it will be, from my experience, though I wasnt banded in Belgium.

I was banded in Southampton Bupa by Michael Van den Bossche the first time in 2005.

In 2007 the band developed a leak and in 2009 I was re-banded by Michael ( had to pay again, at a reduced price and a free band from the manufacturer).

The surgery took a little longer the second time because of the removal of the damaged band, and my port area was very sore, because the surgeon had to remove scar tissue where the band had attached itself, to my internal organs.

However I would go through this again if this one failed (God forbid).

It was worth all of the discomfort and anxiety, and you will all be fine and afterwards will wonder why you were worried.

Dont forget girls/guys this is keyhole surgery, not a major operation, dont build it up to be worse than it actually is.

I never want to be a fatty again and now I have the tools to ensure that I wont be, its like a miracle, so keep thinking positive cos you wont ever look back.

I hope that helps you people, and good luck, not that you'll need it.[/Q

that's a nice thing to say thanks freckles but i learnt it all from you experienced bandsters lol and reading all the pages,and i agree with peep's if they want to get banded at 25bmi it's there choice i know how hard it is to stay in one size it's as bad for thin peep's as it is for bigger people,starving yourself then going on binges i've seen it all if it makes people happy then it's doing no harm:thumbup:

I hope all you newbies meet up in Belgium and are supportive of each other.

I understand what you girlies are saying about the 25bmi being low and that the people could lose it on their own.

My daughter is 32, and ever since she was a teenager she has practically starved herself to keep to a size 12.

She does have blow outs though, but she is now at the end of her tether, she's sick and tired of constantly being on a diet.

I can sympathise with her, maybe cos I'm biased, maybe not, but what kind of a way is that to live?

She has good will power (unlike me) but now she feels that she needs help, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like her.

She needs to stay on diets to keep to a size 12, if she eats normally, then she puts on weight, I think its in the genes, sadly.

its difficult isn't it i guess you have to way up the risks of having an operation to how its not heathy being over weight. it does not seem as though the operation goes wrong much, i think i am just getting nervous about going. sometimes i guess if someone was only a size 12 and they had a band fitted maybe it would stop them getting bigger and becoming an 18.I know dr chris does the operation very quickly and is very experienced thats why i am booking with him...but i am still scared of operations :thumbup:

hi all

Sorry to say ive not been on the site as much as before, but i can still see its a massive support to all new and old, i would just like to say hi to all you new guys and wish you all the best, i am 19 months post op and i am still learnig, every day can be different, so please do not get disheartened, trust me it will come. If someone said to me on the operating table that 19 months from now i would still not be at my target i would of got up and ran. time passes so fast and i wasnt without my problems at the begining (ie port issue) so i had to get re opereted on in august last year so i suppose im really only 11 monts on but i am delighted with the results and now that i am at a comfortable weight i dont really worry any more on when i reach my target as i know i will. I have lost 9.5 stone and have my name down to do the glasgow half marathon in september.

PLease do not think i posted this to blow smoke up my own arse as its not, its for all you guys at the begininng of you joureny and just some thoughts for you that you will achieve your goals, it aint easy but you will do it if you work with your band.

If anyone needs any questions answered i am always willing to help if i know the answer.

g

well done gary :closedeyes:its quotes like this that makes me think this is the right thing to do and 9.5 stone is amazing!!:thumbup:

You're very welcome Slinky, but its true.

Garry my old friend you have lost another person ...wow.gif

I'm so proud of you, tell us what you eat/drink these days and what quantities if you dont mind.

Hi Gary and Freckles, and all you newbies, its great hearing all your news. WOW gary you have done amazing 9 and a half stone you must be so please that you took that step on Fri 13th. SORRY i have'nt kept intouch but I've only just got back after a six week holls.

My weight is still static, but I'm quite happy at this level, even if it is higher than I first would have expected. I'm still having issues with night cough and reflux so its better for me not to have the band any tighter.