Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hiya i got back from belguim today and everything went well with the operation and thankfully the pre op diet wasnt mentioned im still in a bit of pain where the port is and also dont know if its normal or not but i keep getting really sharp tight pain every now and again esp after deep breaths or burps having a lot of them im getting worried case thats not sopose to be happening all i have been having is sips of cup of Soup and protin shakes can anyone let m know if this is normal please thanks i was only banded wednesday

Hey naomi so glad to hear ur home and everything went well... Yeah the pain ur on about is normal i had awful tightness in my chest it lasted a little over a week but u sound to be the same as me in what u describe.... I was drinking juice and sugar free dilutable orange and stuff but trust me the first 3days are the worst and then everything starts to get better... Did u meet angie?

oh good its a horrible feeling cant wait till it goes away was starting to feel that this what life with a band felt like thanks for replying so quick quite painful to be on here but no i never met angie or nick my mom saw angie at hotel the day i was being banded she said she looked really well not like someone that had just had a operation i really wanted to see her to ask her what it felt like, so how long is it till i will feel okay with walking and that without it being sore.

Honestly naomi ur over the worst of it today but for maybe the next wk u will be tired and still have that tightness and discomfort but everyday u will get better my swelling took about 2wks to go down thought it would never go.... but on day 4or5 i was back to sleeping on my belly i done it in my sleep without noticing but trust me every day u will feel better... God angie sounds like she done well the day after op i looked desperate lol but i think that was due to me being so nauseous after the anestetic but so good to hear from u

thanks thats good i cant sleep if im not on my belly but luckily i didnt feel sick after the annasetic just really tired but was to uncomfortable to sleep i wish i didnt look so rough after i had it done i dont know about you but i thourght frederik was rather nice haha

sorry im gona do your head in with all the questions but im not quite sure if i feel hungery or not or full or not dont know if its because all i feel is tightness at the moment but i cant figure what signs are what, will all that come to me over time or should i know already.

Ah it'l come to u but remember we have no restriction after the op cos we have no fill its just swelling but i know i drank as much as i liked but try not to drink stuff very high in cals... lol lol lol yeah fred is nice hes nice in his casual clothes so is dr chris lol there was actually another fine thing in the operating theatre haha

Hi Naomi

I felt just the same and its getting better each day. Wind at both ends it seems! The sore from the port is the most painful and getting up from the couch or getting into a car or into bed is the worse, but it is a bit better each day. Can spend some time on my left side now too but more comfortable on the right for the moment. Was able to eat a bit easier today, scrambled egg, but it is just the swelling making me feel full very quickly. Went to the loo today for the first time since Monday so that was a relief! Anyway 2.5kg lost since Monday night. Planning to take dressings off tomorrow which I'm not looking forward too as I know they will be sore to take off. Will probably soak in the bath until they lift off.

Ciao for now

HI Ursula, Naomi and Nick and everyone else who has given me great support!! i am finally home!! arrived the early hours of the morning! all went really well thank goodness! the team over there are fabulous and look after you well. i must admit that it was a little more painful than i had antisipated. my operation was at 2.30 in the afternoon on Tuesday. I was then discharged about the same time the following day and felt surprisingly ok. i was driven back to my hotel where i met you lovely mum naomi!! so sorry that we didn't meet! when i think of it now i should have give your mum my room number! anyway i rested the first day with a good book!!. The next morning i had a quick shower and even washed and set my hair!! lol! then went to Bruges site seeing for the day with my parents. The wind could be very painful at times but the walking was speeding up the process! the next day (yesterday)we spent site seeing around Brussels and shopping and then flew home last night.! feeling really good today. How are you Nick?? i worried about you all day on Wednesday !! don't know how you could manage to drive to your hotel??? so glad though to hear that you and naomi are doing so well!! wow! how lucky have we been?? another women who was in my ward, didn't do so well and had to be brought back into hospital!! she was still in when i was leaving yesterday! poor lady.

i,ve lost about the same as you Nick !! go us!! hope it keeps up! are you on scrambled egg already???? is that alowed? sounds yummy!! I haven't managed the loo yet!! eek!! hope i can soon or gonna need some assistance lol!!

How you feeling today Naomi? i'm kind of the same as you! not sure what signs i should be looking out for to say whether i am full or not! but i guess it's all about learning how to get along with our new bands now!! i feel great in myself, just a bit sore when i go to stand or bend (a bit like someone has punched you in the stomach a few times !! or you've done 2000 sit ups!!)

can't wait to get speaking with you all to compare notes etc!! my hotmail address is angiecurran70@hotmail.co.uk we can all share a conversation sometime!!!

Hi flirty Ursula!! so glad to be back!! left you a message on Msn, i will check in later with you all !!got to get the kids uniforms washed and ironed for monday! back to porridge lol!!

Angie xxx

Hi Angie

Glad you are back and OK. It was good to meet you there and its great to be able to talk to a group of people who have done this at about the same time as me.

I wish I could have been in a ward with other patients having a band but I was the only Brit in my ward and the only one getting banded and the other guy only spoke French and Flemish...I was too tired to talk really anyway.

I must have been into the theatre just before you, I went in about 1.30 and was then discharged about 24 hours later at 1pm on Wednesday. I felt OK so decided to drive home that afternoon. Got back to London about 7.30. Probably not too sensible really and I was sore the next day.

Wounds are still sore and I flinch everytime I have to twist or get up from a seat or bed, but the dressings are off and plenty of Aloe Vera gel seems to be cleaning and drying them up pretty quickly now. Cant wait for this swelling to go down though.

I dont think I'm supposed to be on scrambled egg yet but I made it 'wet' and ate it slowly and it went down fine. Porridge, thats one I hadnt thought of, I'll have to try that.

Went to see the doctor yesterday just to tell him what I'd done and he was really impressed and wanted to know all the details for a couple of other patients he is seeing. Its amazing really what they dont know.

Anyway enough from me, glad you are OK and let me know how you are getting on. I'll drop an e-mail to your address so you have mine and we dont have to bore everyone else on the site with our 'work in progress' stories :thumbup:

Nick

hiya angie nice to hear from you im shocked that you was able to do sightseeing i was in to much pain, but yes i was talking to that ladies husband that had to go back into hospital scary she couldnt keep anythink down i have been okay feeling so much better today the tightness in my chest has more or less gone now thank god it was unbearable i had just less than half a weetabix this moring drowned in skimmed milk it was yummy stil cant manage much but lost 5lb so far i still fancy tasty foods but i know i cant have them watched my partner the day i got back eat a chicken curry egg fried rice and spare ribs he one of them that can eat what he wants and not put an once on unlike me ha

hi flirtylass yeah i spotted him to in the theatre room thourght oh my god cant beleive im lying here half naked, with no nail polish on and these awful sock things that do nothing for your legs with these two goodlooking chaps looking over me ha looking forward to my fill in bristol where i will get to see frederick again ha

hiya nikk glad your okay yes i got wind both ends too mainly burping though its painful aswell but im feeling so much better today hope in feeling normal by monday as i got to get back to everyday life with a 21 month old and a 3 year old who keep me very busy, but as yet my port is really sore and can only seem to sleep sitting up slightly at mo or on right side if i have to, dont now how you managed to drive home my flight back done me in was on plane an hour longer than shoud of been but anyhow its great to talk to people who know what im going through look forward to hearing and everyone else on how there getting on

Hi naomi lol ur nuts pervin over men and us bout to be sliced up haha umm say i enjoyed the eye candy in theatre very nice indeed lol but ur right bout the naked bit the shame id never get that naked if only the fake tan and face was on it would of been ok haha god when i think of it i looked scary...

Angie i replied on msn