Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Anyone in Newcastle Uk fancy meeting up. Got 5.5 mls in and have restriction. Not losing very much. Maybe a pound a month.

hi all hope you all had a great weekend,how you doing daisy nice meeting you in belfast,hope your doing well.Anyway's i will tell you all my wee story,went for my fill last thursday was greedy and wanted as much as i could get in lol,i got another 1ml drank my Water afterwards and seemed fine driving back home started to feel a bit sick was sick on myself whilst driving home lol,nothing i could do,got home started to pack the caravan for a weekend in the south of ireland,headed off and vomited from thursday until friday got so bad admitted myself to hospital in westport they said nothing they could do as they hadnt deal with band before and sent me home at this point i had awful pains across my back and chest from the retching couldnt even swallow my own spit had to spit in a sick bag because if i swallowed it i would just be sick again,sorry for the graphics but you never know when your gonna be in this situation,i got so bad hubby phoned the oncall doctor who sent an ambulance and they took me to the same hospital as i went to the night before who couldnt help me they wanted to give me an anti sickness injection,but i told them no way as im needle phobic and i wasnt being sick form my stomach so it wouldnt help so again i left the hsopital upset an this point as i was sick of being sick phoned up julie appointmens girl and she gave me 2 numbers for dublin and belfast,at that point i was willing to drive anywhere both these places were 3.5 hrs away from me so i phoned the dublin nurse who does dublin and can you believe she lived in castlebar which is the next town from were i was on holiday and she told me not to worry and went to the local hospital got supplies and drove over to me in my caravan and gave me a defill,let me say it was the best 110 euro i have ever spent lol i gave her a big hug and extra money because i was so relieved and pleased and felt instant relief,i had tried lollies and cold drinks but think i was way to filled so im now staying on fluids for at leat a week or so till it settles down again quite scary and hairy at the same time,but after all that i still had the last couple of day's to enjoy the sun lol,let me tell you from now on my fills will be small ones xxxx

just checking ticker lol

hi all hope you all had a great weekend,how you doing daisy nice meeting you in belfast,hope your doing well.Anyway's i will tell you all my wee story,went for my fill last thursday was greedy and wanted as much as i could get in lol,i got another 1ml drank my Water afterwards and seemed fine driving back home started to feel a bit sick was sick on myself whilst driving home lol,nothing i could do,got home started to pack the caravan for a weekend in the south of ireland,headed off and vomited from thursday until friday got so bad admitted myself to hospital in westport they said nothing they could do as they hadnt deal with band before and sent me home at this point i had awful pains across my back and chest from the retching couldnt even swallow my own spit had to spit in a sick bag because if i swallowed it i would just be sick again,sorry for the graphics but you never know when your gonna be in this situation,i got so bad hubby phoned the oncall doctor who sent an ambulance and they took me to the same hospital as i went to the night before who couldnt help me they wanted to give me an anti sickness injection,but i told them no way as im needle phobic and i wasnt being sick form my stomach so it wouldnt help so again i left the hsopital upset an this point as i was sick of being sick phoned up julie appointmens girl and she gave me 2 numbers for dublin and belfast,at that point i was willing to drive anywhere both these places were 3.5 hrs away from me so i phoned the dublin nurse who does dublin and can you believe she lived in castlebar which is the next town from were i was on holiday and she told me not to worry and went to the local hospital got supplies and drove over to me in my caravan and gave me a defill,let me say it was the best 110 euro i have ever spent lol i gave her a big hug and extra money because i was so relieved and pleased and felt instant relief,i had tried lollies and cold drinks but think i was way to filled so im now staying on fluids for at leat a week or so till it settles down again quite scary and hairy at the same time,but after all that i still had the last couple of day's to enjoy the sun lol,let me tell you from now on my fills will be small ones xxxx

Can sympathise with you completely as this is what I was like in October last year. It's not the most pleasant experience but I was very determined to work through it and like you phoned the numbers and chatted to various people who could defill but worked through it until Feb/March of this year - this is why I have been having just Soup. It's painful and teaches you very quickly about your band, your limitations and what you are prepared to go through. I was very close to a defill but then one day it just eased and I thought well lets wait and see. Cancelled the November appointment and then the January and then the February. I came to the conclusion little fills were better for me. I had 0.5ml last fill in March and I am going again next week (5th May) and will have 1-1.5ml if they can do it.

So glad you are ok and that there was someone able to come and defill for you. I bet it was a welcome relief.

Weather has been lovely hasn't it, I was sat in the garden today marking & doing assessments and preping school work.

So glad you are ok, take it easy for a few weeks and be gentle on yourself. Restriction I have found comes & then gently eases off. We all react so differently.

Take care

Cx

Hi all,

Been away from site for about 2 years! just to update you all on progress, i havent had a fill for 18 months, probably due one soon. lost just over 5 stone and got about 2 to go. hope every one is well x

Hi all,

Been away from site for about 2 years! just to update you all on progress, i havent had a fill for 18 months, probably due one soon. lost just over 5 stone and got about 2 to go. hope every one is well x

hi i remember you hun wow you have done so well nice to see you back xx

hi i remember you hun wow you have done so well nice to see you back xx

Hi slinky

I was just thinking how you were all getting on i was going to message you tonight and ask your advise.I went for a fill last friday he got 2.5mls in and that takes me up to 5.5mls but i still have no restriction and ive got the chance to go to Edinbourgh this week for another fill however after reading your post i think i might give it a miss.What do you think.Hope you are ok now and enjoy your long weekend.:D

just updating ticker

Hi odgemodge

When i was reserching the band i came across you and would i be right in saying your sister.So its really nice to see how well you are getting on.It also gives us reasurance that it will come off eventually.:P

poor you slinky!!i know what you went through had something similar last year. well done on your weight lost i can see you doing well!

Hi slinky

I was just thinking how you were all getting on i was going to message you tonight and ask your advise.I went for a fill last friday he got 2.5mls in and that takes me up to 5.5mls but i still have no restriction and ive got the chance to go to Edinbourgh this week for another fill however after reading your post i think i might give it a miss.What do you think.Hope you are ok now and enjoy your long weekend.:D

if i was you hun slow and steady,see how you get on i would wait until next month, from now on im only getting o.5 in my fill instead of 1ml,think ive deffo learnt a lesson lol,i think your fills will be too close together remember the tortoise get there in the end lol wish i would of listened to that i was that desperate to get restriction quick but im just gonna take it steady now hun xx thanks to all for you nice comments

yes suppose i have done well but its taken longer for me because I didn't want to loose it too quickly as i was scared of loose skin. however my boobs will need doing now. i have gone from a size 20-22 to a size 12 on top and 14 on bottom. just need to lose a bit more weight off my bottom and tummy and get my boobs done then i'm finished. hope everyone else is doing well. if anyone has any issues or worry's you can always pm me. x love to u all xx

hi im new to this and iv booked my band with dr chris de bruyne for the 20th may im really exited now but a little worried because my neighbour had it done in jan this yr (2011) and if nethin she looks like she put on lol.... dnt want this to happen to me! can anyone give me any advice? and what the weight loss is like? thanx :)

hi im new to this and iv booked my band with dr chris de bruyne for the 20th may im really exited now but a little worried because my neighbour had it done in jan this yr (2011) and if nethin she looks like she put on lol.... dnt want this to happen to me! can anyone give me any advice? and what the weight loss is like? thanx :)

dont worry jem were all different she might not have had many fills your neighbour it takes at least 2 fills before most of us start feeling any restriction,so if she got banded in jan and got a fill in feb and one in march she might only start losing weight from now onwards but it does depend on each person,i lost 14lb in the first couple of weeks,then about half stone a month,depends how much you have to lose and how strict you are xxx

Hello all

Hope everyone is well? Just checking in to update my ticker as I've now passed my 100lb loss mark.

Slinks sorry to hear about your nightmare fill, thats what I was like in November but struggled on till it eased, probably wasn't the wisest of moves but all worked out well in the end.

I have just booked in for a 2ml defill at the end of May which is a treat for my 35th Birthday as we are going to the Isle of Wight Festival and hopefully a lovely holiday somewhere very hot in early July, so I wanted to be able to fully enjoy both, and a nice meal or 2 out before I go and have a refill at the end of July. Cant wait to go buy the holiday wardrobe!

Kepp up the good work all and welcome newbies xx