Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I

Is Sheila on here too - the Sheila that had the op the same day as us?

Yup - Lovely Jarrow Sheila has found us on the forum. Her name is Lynxie and she last wrote on the 26th. All we need now is Wendy and we've got a set! :scared2:

Have noticed I'm the only one on here this morning, apart from 4 guests, it's a little lonely writing to empty ether - come on guys 'n gals, where've you all gone? :(

Hiya everyone,

I had my op yesterday, feeling pretty sore at the moment. Does anyone have any tips on hoisting oneself out of bed as it really hurts when I try to sit up. I have bought some milkshakes with me, they are really thin and are diety ones are these ok to have? I meant to ask but forgot. What Soups are good to have when I get home? I have asked my mum to get me some Beef Consomme and some cup a soups, will these be ok? I'm really bored in the hotel at the minute and looking forward to getting home tomorrow. Do you think I will be ok to go to work on Saturday? It will involve being on my feet for 8.5 hours so I am not so sure as it hurts walking a few feet at the moment.

xxx

Hiya everyone,

I had my op yesterday, feeling pretty sore at the moment. Does anyone have any tips on hoisting oneself out of bed as it really hurts when I try to sit up. I have bought some milkshakes with me, they are really thin and are diety ones are these ok to have? I meant to ask but forgot. What Soups are good to have when I get home? I have asked my mum to get me some Beef Consomme and some cup a soups, will these be ok? I'm really bored in the hotel at the minute and looking forward to getting home tomorrow. Do you think I will be ok to go to work on Saturday? It will involve being on my feet for 8.5 hours so I am not so sure as it hurts walking a few feet at the moment.

xxx

Well done, that's pretty well the worst over with! As far as getting out of bed is concerned I have found the follwoing helps: roll onto your side facing the edge of the bed, drop your feet over the edge of the bed keeping your legs in the same bent position, push up with the uppermost arm (on the bedside cabinet is most steady) You should end up sitting on the edge of the bad without having used your tummy muscles!

You can drink whatever thin liquids you want, I posted a list several pages back of liquids and mushies you may like to try. I had my op 3 weeks ago and after the Wednesday my oesophagus swelled up so much all I could manage were ice lollies until about the Sunday when I just managed cold fruit juice. We're all different though. Just remember, liquids only at the moment! (I even strained cuppa soups to start with)

Work - personally I doubt it - unless you're some kind of superhero! Take a sickie and use it to rest totally!

Good luck with everything

SP

Hiya everyone,

xxx

Hi Anna, I hope your feeling a little better, but dont expect to be strong and fully up and about for about a week, and even then you'll tire easily, take a week off work and spoil yourself.

Yup - Lovely Jarrow Sheila has found us on the forum. Her name is Lynxie and she last wrote on the 26th. All we need now is Wendy and we've got a set! :blink:

Have noticed I'm the only one on here this morning, apart from 4 guests, it's a little lonely writing to empty ether - come on guys 'n gals, where've you all gone? :)

hi sue its wendy here and im pleased to read that all of us has worked this site out{hopefully!}. please let me know if it works and ill update you of my progress. cheers wendy x

Hi Sue, Sheila here. Just new to this site, and struggling to navigate through it. How are you?

hi sheila how you doing luv its wendy here x

I know I am being paranoid and silly but I am phobic of buggering this up as I could not afford to have it done again. I am just really sore when I drink stuff, is this normal? I only had it yesterday so am guessing it is. Also I managed to have all my Soup today and 1.5 crisp breads where as a girl I was with only had like 1/4 of a crisp bread and a mouthful of soup and another woman I was with had a mouthful of soup. I suppose they wouldn't have given us them all if it wasn't normal to be able to have them. I just had another crispbread and half a cup a soup and stopped after that as I felt full and a bit sore for quite a while. Am I ok lol?

I am just paranoid aren't I?

Cheers xxx

I know I am being paranoid and silly but I am phobic of buggering this up as I could not afford to have it done again. I am just really sore when I drink stuff, is this normal? I only had it yesterday so am guessing it is. Also I managed to have all my Soup today and 1.5 crisp breads where as a girl I was with only had like 1/4 of a crisp bread and a mouthful of soup and another woman I was with had a mouthful of soup. I suppose they wouldn't have given us them all if it wasn't normal to be able to have them. I just had another crispbread and half a cup a soup and stopped after that as I felt full and a bit sore for quite a while. Am I ok lol?

I am just paranoid aren't I?

Cheers xxx

dont worry about anyone else as we are all different, but if it helps i could drink loads and eat crispbreads without feeling full, im sure you will be fine.

Hi annab1984 well done on having your op, hope your ok, id say the same as sp about getting out of bed, i had to roll onto my side as the pain coming from my port area when i tried to sit up was awfull, after my op i just stuck to slimfast and cup a Soup with no bits.. get plenty of rest as this willl help you with your recovery and like mmm said, throw a sicky lol x

Hi Wendy

Tried your number but no joy I must have written it down wrong, How r u my, port is strill pretty swollen and sore I was starting to get a bit worried went and seen my Dr and she said she thinks its ok but has quite a bit of Fluid round it. How is Helen and how much weight have you lost. I have lost about 11lbs

Hi all, just wondering if you give me some advice and sorry beforehand if I sound silly. Frederick said to have my first fill when they are in Glasgow on 16th Oct which is only 3 weeks or since since being banded (this is because I am going to Oz for 6 weeks end of Oct). How much do they normally put in? Can you also tell me who is Wendy from WLS, does she do fills in Glasgow? What ist he difference between having Frederick and Wendy doing them. Many thanks

Hya Debby, Wendy is part of WLS and nothing to do with Dr Chris and Frederik, but I believe they have had meetings and Dr Chris is in agreement for his patients to have fills done by WLS.

A lot of the peeps on here go to Wendy and love her, as she is excellent.

Thats not to say Freddy boy isnt, cos I've been to him twice and he's a sweetie, in fact I am having a de-fill with him next Thursday, and I wasnt banded by Dr Chris.

Someone who knows more about Wendy will no doubt answer your questions more fully than I can.

If your port area is not too sore, I would go for your first fill as they dont put in that much, only about 2 or 3 mls.

i'm the one who's going to Oz on 31st October (well 8th November actually, cos we are staying in the far east for a week first)

hi sue its wendy here and im pleased to read that all of us has worked this site out{hopefully!}. please let me know if it works and ill update you of my progress. cheers wendy x

Hi Wendy! Well done for finding us - that's a complete banding day set!! You've certainly found your way round the forum quickly too, and your ticker is showing a brilliant weight loss, well done! Keep up the good work! Do you or Sheila have the same funny little lump in the lower central scar as Bev and I? Wonder what is is. Will ask WLS Wendy when I see her on the 17th

Keep in touch

SP

WOW freckles, you've done really well I've just noticed your bmi on your ticker, really pleased for you, have a fab hol you'll look terrific, hope you'll start to feel a bit better when you have a slight defill.

Ah thanx babe, just reached the 3stone mark today, am over the moon!!!

I am going to only leave 2mls in for when I go away cos I want to at least be able to eat a bit and have some drinks lol, being as its free bar on the flight.

What were those shoes called that you wear, I have searched back and cant find the name. Thanx chick xx