Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi carrie i dont have a heliogast band i have a (sagb) swedish adjustable gastric band which comes in a few different sizes i think that is why we were unsure.

Hi carrie i dont have a heliogast band i have a (sagb) swedish adjustable gastric band which comes in a few different sizes i think that is why we were unsure.

Hi bobolady, did you pay extra for your band? I am sure that when i had my op the band you have was more expensive, or maybe that was a different band and i am just getting confused!

No carrie unlike others i never even met dr chris till i was lying on the operating table as it was fredrich that spoke to me the night before the op.

He told me that men somtimes get a diffrent band from women as there internal organs are usualy bigger but there was nothing about the cost of the band.

Well you never know after dr chris or frederik reads the past few posts they may make some changes in there after care. I met dr chris the morning of my op and he went through everything and said what time roughly we would be going for our ops, im still glad i had my surgery with dr chris and would definitely recommend him to anyone thinking of having the band x

well done wishfull!..thats my next goal...the 13s!..hopefully after next fill ill be getting there! x

Im made up.. it's 1 goal at a time, it's slow but we will get there and like you have said the slower it comes off the better for our skin, i will still need a Tummy Tuck tho lol x :thumbup:

Hi Guy,s

Welcome to all the newbies,hav.ent been on for a while pleased to say my throat is back to normal feeling very hungry can eat almost anything except bread, due for my next fill next Thurs cant wait hope its going to make a difference, i have lost 2 stone 10 pounds so far with just pure will power at the mo hoping to reach 3 stone mark by Thurs looking doubtful at the mo still very strict with myself hav,ent had any bad stuff don't know where im getting the will power from because its so hard with know restriction i just keep saying to myself this is going to work for me just have to be patient,well done too all on your weight loss:smile:,prebandsters you have know worries about Dr Chris and hes team you be in safe hands, i have know regrets going to Belgium:smile:

Hi to anyone who has not been banded yet i also have no regrets about having my surgery with dr chris and his team and i would do it 100 times over again. I am only 26 pounds from goal, after i had my surgery i had a couple of fills with a uk surgeon and he commented on how well he thought the surgery had been done with the port placement and especially how neat and small the scars

are.

haha bobo i didnt meet dr chris til i was on the table too lol

neither did i! hes a very busy man....but like everyone else has said..i have no regrets about having the op done with chris, the hospital care was excellent too..but the aftercare seems a bit slack, i didnt have any aftercare with dr chris/frederick group, as they seem to try and get you booked in while still in belgium and dont tell you you can go to any provider for fills and aftercare. so its worth a search to see if you can get it anywhere else pre banders, and like mine it worked out cheaper too..Im lucky as it is local to me..but its too far/more expensive for some i know. gillian x

Edited by gillian

Hi Guy,s

Welcome to all the newbies,hav.ent been on for a while pleased to say my throat is back to normal feeling very hungry can eat almost anything except bread, due for my next fill next Thurs cant wait hope its going to make a difference, i have lost 2 stone 10 pounds so far with just pure will power at the mo hoping to reach 3 stone mark by Thurs looking doubtful at the mo still very strict with myself hav,ent had any bad stuff don't know where im getting the will power from because its so hard with know restriction i just keep saying to myself this is going to work for me just have to be patient,well done too all on your weight loss:smile:,prebandsters you have know worries about Dr Chris and hes team you be in safe hands, i have know regrets going to Belgium:smile:

Shoes!!..you have done amazingly well!!. congrats! x

Im made up.. it's 1 goal at a time, it's slow but we will get there and like you have said the slower it comes off the better for our skin, i will still need a Tummy Tuck tho lol x :)

so will i!! but yes your right slower loss is better for your skin, it gives it time to catch up with your loss if you know what i mean! less sag. x

HI all i was just starting to calm down about getting banded and now Ive got all this info on being filled and who to go with as i thought at it was done by someone from Dr Chris team I Did Not no you could shop around and that there were different band sizes its great that you are all here to give this info for people like me, if they said i have to have it done by X i would have just said OK it would be great if i could find some one in Birmingham to do it if not then London would be my next best bet as i can can get a train . Is there any brummie out there who as ha the opp or about to please get in contact x

Hi shoes, congratulations on your weight loss you are doing really well, you must be really pleased x

Hi suefee, hope your not getting worked up lol.. there is so much information about the band and fills its hard to take it all in sometimes. Regarding your fills it might be worth seeing if the wls group have a clinic near to where you live, they offer a package of unlimited fills for a set price so it does work out cheaper, i have mine with frederik.. i would of gone with the wls but they dont have any clinics any where near to me, im sure gillian or one of the others will give you there web site so you can just do a few checks, try not to get stressed were all here to help x

I must say before i left hospital dr chris sat down and explained everything to me and also said i could choose another fill provider if i liked but they do offer aftercare but it was totally up to me so i cant fault him that way also my scars are now nearly invisable i have to look hard for them except for port scar but it is even barely noticeable he defo is a brilliant surgeon and the best in the job