Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Freckles - glad to hear that you are doing well and I really hope ur mum gets better soon.

Flirtylass - I hope that your body starts to get back to normal. It should do after a few good meals! At least you have warning signs and can put things right.

Shoes and Kaka's daughter - good luck for tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking about you!

I am leaving for Belgium tomorrow. My brain is on overload - I think we need removal truck with all the stuff we have to take! How can one small baby need so much?! I will try and log on before my op in Bruges/Brussels!

My husband has gone out with the baby to get a satnav - on a 'technical boys misson'...............say no more I wasn't invited!! We'll probably end up in Poland or something :cursing:!

Hello to everyone else!! xxxxx

Sammy, i hope everything goes to plan with your journey, the satnav for europe is an excellent idea..we borrowed one from bigsisters son, it was very good for finding way to hospital/hotel etc.you will find it a godsend.. as at last minute we realised our own was only UK..you can hire them from companys on internet, they are sent out by courier to you but are expensive and to download the europe maps to your UK TOMTOM is abot £60 we found, you will at least get use out of it again too, wish wed have bought the europe one in first place. no need for me to wish you good luck with op etc as doctor Chris his team, hosp and staff are fantastic.. hope you make good quick recovery, especially as you have your baby to care for, like we have said before, you need to get all the rest you can for the first week, even if you feel ok..so ask for help, and accept any thats offered, even if its just taking your baby out for a walk for an hour. hope you enjoy your break beforehand, make the most of it,and dont forget to have a good last supper! its last thing youll eat properly for ages (and if you like steak, the last one youll be able to have too!) let us know how everything has gone when you get home, and you feel up to it,well be thinking about you!..gillian x

Edited by gillian

Hi mmm glad you mentioned the fill in manchester, i couldnt remember the date and julie (the 1 who takes bookings) is on holiday this week, im booked in for 2.30.. just hope frederik will give a decent fill again x

Hi Vanessa, are you going back to Manchester for your fill on the 12th? I'm booked in for my 4th fill @ 11am so maybe I'll see you there again! Kath.x.:unsure:

hi.. how are you??.. my appt is 2.45..but since my sense of direction is bad, I'll prob try to arrive early..maybe around midday.. if you're still there.. stand up and shout my name..lol!!!...

Looked at WLS site and I couldnt see the package for £270.. one for £400 plus yes... where have people found this price??

I'm expecting to struggle to get a fill of more than .5ml.. which is ridiculous... I tried for 3 last time but he wouldnt have it.. I actually think I'm gaining weight.. to scared to go on the scales to find out!!..

Hi mmm glad you mentioned the fill in manchester, i couldnt remember the date and julie (the 1 who takes bookings) is on holiday this week, im booked in for 2.30.. just hope frederik will give a decent fill again x

I see those pigs flying...

how much has he given you..cos I have struggled to get 2mls on each occasion!!

where about in n.wales are you??.. was wondering if it would be practical to travel together?..

where about in n.wales are you??.. was wondering if it would be practical to travel together?..

hi vanessa i had 3ml on my last fill, which was also my 1st fill, i live in penyffordd which is couple of mile out side mold, wher you from x

I just wanted to say that I have never felt restriction like I have now, without a fill, except like i have said before after a long haul flight.

I have had 3 teaspoons of scrambled egg, really more liquid than scrambled and was full.

Its now obvious to me that my first band was faulty from day one.

lets hope the weight begins to fall off. My 2 daughters say I look thinner already, which is great as i havent smoked since the day before my op.

I have the Patches, couldnt do it without as i have smoked all of my life except when pregnant.

I have to fight the urge though as its still with me.:laugh:

But its early days, and I like the idea of being a non-smoker, so wish me luck girlies.

My thoughts are with those having their ops today.:unsure:

Hi freckles, well done on your not smoking, i packed in 2 years ago with tablets from my dr.at least uv got your band so wont be able to compensate with food as i did and put on a lot of weight.. but i dont even think about them anymore, even though my partner smokes it doesnt bother me. Keep it up im sure you will start to see the benefits x

hi vanessa i had 3ml on my last fill, which was also my 1st fill, i live in penyffordd which is couple of mile out side mold, wher you from x

you did well.. I wonder how they decide how much??

I live on anglesey..so come along the A55.. what do you think?..

I think it wud be a pain to come off the A55 especially if you dont no where to go, your lucky living up there.. we go walking in angelsey most weekendsx

I see those pigs flying...

how much has he given you..cos I have struggled to get 2mls on each occasion!!

Hi Vanessa, according to Frederick, they have guidelines that they follow, as to how much they can give at each fill. I had to really push last time to get 1ml instead of the half ml that he wanted to put in, even now, with 6.5mls in, I still don't have full restriction! Hopefully I'll reach it next week.....but then again......who knows? Will look for you if I'm still there when you arrive! Kath.x. :unsure:

I just wanted to say that I have never felt restriction like I have now, without a fill, except like i have said before after a long haul flight.

I have had 3 teaspoons of scrambled egg, really more liquid than scrambled and was full.

Its now obvious to me that my first band was faulty from day one.

lets hope the weight begins to fall off. My 2 daughters say I look thinner already, which is great as i havent smoked since the day before my op.

I have the Patches, couldnt do it without as i have smoked all of my life except when pregnant.

I have to fight the urge though as its still with me.:laugh:

But its early days, and I like the idea of being a non-smoker, so wish me luck girlies.

My thoughts are with those having their ops today.:unsure:

your doing great freckles!!..hope you keep up the no smoking quest!!..youll feel so much healthier especially when the weight comes off too..youll be like a born again teenager!..i wish you luck! also, i asked my fill nurse wendy if a long haul flight affects band and she said definatly and that any flight over 4 hours..you should have an unfill as the pressure builds up..also if your stressed or anxious it affects it ..glad i asked that. hope your mum is feeling bit better today too x

Hi Vanessa, according to Frederick, they have guidelines that they follow, as to how much they can give at each fill. I had to really push last time to get 1ml instead of the half ml that he wanted to put in, even now, with 6.5mls in, I still don't have full restriction! Hopefully I'll reach it next week.....but then again......who knows? Will look for you if I'm still there when you arrive! Kath.x. :unsure:

Ive had two fills with 2mls in on each occasion..so now 4mls. I had to push for the second 2, he wanted to put in 1.5mls.. not on par with what other people seem to get..At this rate, it'll take 7 -10 fills to reach restriction, which is daft..

2w552jr.jpg Wishful and Gillian.

My fella gave it up for 18years when the girls were little and then started again, when we were on holiday and got in with a big gang of Scousers who all smoked, and being a Scouser too, he felt a bit left out.

He has given up twice since but put loads of weight on so started again. So I'm just taking each day as it comes.:unsure: