Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else the waiting is killing them?

@@nandy have you looked in to anywhere else? I've seen people have success with the sleeve and the gastric bypass!

@ kaylamh My insurance covers all but $100 bucks .. I'm lucky ( if I'm approved). So I have no need to look anywhere else if they don't approve me I will just give up .. I don't have funding to go anywhere else .

I'm not knocking either of those options I would be over the moon for either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's amazing!!!! Seriously, my insurance covered 80/20, so it was still great. 100$ is like a miracle. I would definitely be happy with either surgery as well. Good luck!

My insurance covers WLS but my out of pocket cost is more than what I can get it done for in Mexico... plus I don't have all those hoops to jump through as well as the 6 month wait while I'm jumping...lol.

My co worker just got back from her surgery in Mexico last month and she said the pain was minimal and she has no regrets with her decision. My surgery is scheduled for next week and I'm counting the days!

The emotions you experience on this journey are a roller coaster. When I first decided to do this I was mad about getting it done as soon as possible. My insurance didn't require a medically supervised diet so all I had to do was meet the surgeons requirements. I was crazy, I scheduled all my appointments within a months time. I spent all day everyday on these boards devouring everyone's experiences about the surgery. For me surgery could not come soon enough. I was miserable at 317 pounds, it was hard to even move my body off the couch. There were days that I spent depressed because I was so sick of being so fat and I couldn't fathom waiting any longer for the surgery. Then as surgery approached a few weeks before I became extremely nervous and anxious about the procedure. I second guessed myself, I rescheduled the surgery twice because my nerves got the best of me. When I finally got through the anxiety and did it, on surgery day I took my anxiety medication and they still had to give me something to calm me down I was panicking. It wasn't so much the surgery that scared me but I was worried about whether I would be able to sustain the lifestyle changes afterwards, I imagined the worst case scenarios all around.

Now 4 weeks post op my emotions are completely different, I've lost 24 pounds. I can get up off the couch easily now and I walk at least a mile a day. Now I'm anxious for the weight to come off. All I can think about is where will I be in 3 months, 6 months, a year? And I can't wait too see. Now I'm anxious about how long it will take me to reach my goal weight.

Your emotions from here out will be a little crazy. Find a way to spend your time productively. Living on these boards and reading everything I could find prepared me well. Nothing surprises me now. Any little side effect of the surgery I find that I have read about already and I am prepared for it.

Good luck on your journey!

After almost two years, I've finally decided, for the third and last time, last month to do this. Since, I've been trying to contain my impatience. I even called to see if they can reschedule me sooner if someone had decided to cancel. But now that I'm about two weeks out from even my first initial consult, I've finally settle down and am waiting as best as I can. Until then, I'm sharing with others my plans and getting support.

I'm with you!!! this is our Year to Shine! I can't wait either : )

Today I woke up hopeful because I know it will happen!!!!! New Year New Me !!!!!!

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

A few people have already said this but that time really does fly by fast and honestly once you have had the surgery you wish you could go back and do some things differently just to prepare your mind.

It is true you are having surgery on your stomach but that does not fix the brain. Use this time to change any habits that will sabotage your progress.

Things like:

- Drinking carbonated beverages

- Drinking caffeine

- Not drinking enough Water

-Eating too fast

- Not chewing your food well enough

- Not paying attention to your body when you are eating (mindful eating)

- Remove distractions like tv or iPad while eating so you can pay attention to the signs.

-Eating without drinking at the same time

- Walking as much as you can

- Adding more Protein and less simple carbs to your diet

- No smoking

This list can be very cumbersome if you have to fix it all a month before your surgery. Use this time to change a few things at a time. It will set you up for success post op.

For some reason after I healed I still struggle with eating too fast and not chewing my food enough. That sucks when it happens because there are times now 28 months post op that I find I can overeat by eating too fast.

It really is harder than you think once your stomach has changed. Take too big of a bite or now chew and the pain in your chest can really end your meal thereby making you eat again a little later.

Take this time.....that is my best advice.

Best of luck to all of you awaiting surgery.

I think we've all been there. Be patient, the time will come and go before you know it and when it gets really tough just think about the first few days after having your surgery - it's going to be more pain than you've probably ever felt in your life. Just prepare for your new lifestyle change, eat the foods you love (you may not be able to eat them later) and chillax.

I had a confirmation email for my 1/12 pre-op appt and when I responded that I'd be there, I added that if they had a cancellation from someone else, I'd be happy to take their place! So ready...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I barely started my journey and have only completed the first class at kaiser and scheduled the 12th of Jan for my surgery overview class.. I am getting a little discouraged and anxious at the same time and I can't lose any weight cause it could disqualify me for the surgery cause I don't have any other issues like high cholesterol ( but I just started a medication that raises my cholesterol) high blood pressure , diabetes ect .. but my family on both side have everything and a ton more .

So I'm sitting here spinning my wheels can't to anything ..

I had to jump through so many hoops, and I still have a few more to jump through, so I feel your pain. I've basically spent the past year trying to get this surgery, and my date is finally February 15th.

I feel like my life has kind of been on pause waiting for this day. Its almost here, don't be discouraged because when you finally get it, it will be so worth it.

Ive been reminding myself in the most positive way, "you only get to be fat for 5 more months, 4 more months, ect"

So I have been kind of trying to remind myself how serious and good this is for me.

I barely started my journey and have only completed the first class at kaiser and scheduled the 12th of Jan for my surgery overview class.. I am getting a little discouraged and anxious at the same time and I can't lose any weight cause it could disqualify me for the surgery cause I don't have any other issues like high cholesterol ( but I just started a medication that raises my cholesterol) high blood pressure , diabetes ect .. but my family on both side have everything and a ton more .

So I'm sitting here spinning my wheels can't to anything ..

Usually they take your weight on the first day of your first monthly appointment. That's what they use for justification for surgery.

After that you are encouraged to lose, lose, lose up to the surgery date.

At least that is how it was in the two practices I had experience with. I asked if it pertained to people with borderline BMI's and was told they were handled the same way.

Ask around and see what they say.

Good luck.

The waiting part is the worst part of it.

I went through Kaiser Richmond and orientation was 10/21 and my surgery is on Monday. It could have been 12/19 but my hubs was 12/21 and it was too close for us for comfort. Hindsight we would have been fine 2 days apart but didn't want to risk ruining Christmas for our 4 kids with both of us down. So all in all 2 months. We buckled down, followed the rules, lost the weight and went to all our appointments. I know Richmond has a very streamlined process now since they've been doing it for years.

I so feel you on that !! I made up my mind about a month ago .. my mom had it done about 3 yrs ago and she still had the binder they gave her and I read it 3 times researched and researched and I know it's what's best for me. So I'm like I'm ready !!! Let's do it now !! Team ready !! Go !! Go !! Go!! Lol

@@clc9

I'm doing the same thing reading the binder all the time I am searching for any thing I can find and I didn't make this decision in a hurry either. My momwas against it, I had to have a breast reduction about 2yrs. ago it was so worth it , I am reading all the info kn wls and I truly believe I'm doing the right thing.

Sent from my 0PM92 using the BariatricPal App

This website is better than Face book no copying or pasting and no one knows I'm having this surgery except for a few friends and my immediate family, I can't wait.

Sent from my 0PM92 using the BariatricPal App