Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

under my 5 bandages are something called STERI-Strips. i'm only guessing that the "steri" stands for steroid?

my question is this.....

about how long did it take for ya'lls to come off?

the doc told me not to take them off but to let them come off on their own. a friend of mine told me that as lil by lil pulled up on its own she cut away the tiniest pieces that were no longer attached to her body w/a pair of lil cuticle scissors. has anyone else done this? and, how long does it take until they are completely gone?

also, and i know this is crazy...but what about scarring? i know that scarring should be the least of my worries...afterall, i'm sure they'll blend in w/the old stretch marks!!

after being so overweight, why do people even bother asking about scars on their tummy? like having a fat belly or old stretch marks even compares to a few lil scars once all the weight is gone. lol.

so how long til the steri-strips are gone?

I haven't been banded yet, but I am pretty sure the "steri" means sterile strips, nothing to do with steroids.

I'll let the others answer the rest of the questions but wanted to clarify that! ;)

Means sterile strips. I did cut mine with little scissors as they became detached,but thats it. Let them come off completely on their own. My worst scars are from the staples. I am sure it wont look any worse than my gallbladder or breast biopsy scar.

I had 6 incisions total (my gall bladder was removed at the same time I was banded) two of my steri strips came off during regular showers and my doctor removed the other four when I went in for my 2 week check-up he said they were healing nicely and I should just let them get some air to continue the healing process.

I also have steri strips on. I was banded 9/10 and they're still in tact. I see my surgeon on thursday for my post-op follow-up so I'll ask about them then.

-Leena

Christie, Mine were removed by the dr prior to me going home from the hospital. I have had them in the past and they will fall off on thier own, usually within week or so due to the Water from showers.

Congrats again on the banding, Hope everything is going ok....Dave

it took a good two weeks for them to all come off...I helped mine...I hated those nasty looking ones...so I just eased them off....my scars are not bad...I tan everyday..so the scars are now dark like the rest of my stomach..you can't even see them..

thanks everyone for the steri-strip input!!! a couple of mine are starting to pull up on their own so i think i'll clip it off carefully w/a lil pair of scissors.

i don't HAVE to see my dr. until the 4wks post op...but i can see him @ 2wks if i feel like i need too.

so far so good. everyday is better then the day before and gives me something to look forward too.

i've lost 10 lbs in the first 5days and that alone is enough inspiration to keep me pushing past the soreness to walk walk walk, drink more Water, and eat right!

i'm in love w/my lapband! woohooo!:rolleyes: