Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love this private message I just got from the OP. Like I really give a crap what anyone thinks of me. All these people who seem to have a problem with me could just block me, but apparently they are too afraid to say anything to me so, they have to PM the OP. And how spiteful is this?

Thought you should know that I got 6 private messages about you sounds like you're pretty negative everyone I think it's really important that you understand what these chat rooms and support groups are for not for being an a****** if anyone here needs to grow up with you

I call BS on that. She didn't have 6 people visit her profile yesterday so how did 6 people message her? The name calling tells the entire story here. ;)

I think it's very normal to be craving certain things especially if you're cooking for your family and watching other people eat things that you can't right now. I for sure am finding it very difficult and gr very very irritated lol I just have to keep reminding myself that this clear liquid/full liquid is only temporary. You just have to keep on keepin' on. I know that even though I'm ready to switch to full liquids, I have not gone off plan once no matter how sad, frustrated, angry I get. My time will come when I can eat a nice piece of broccoli and some salmon for now maybe try having ice chips. It's helped me with the desire for something crunchy but is also helping me get my fluids in

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

People you can talk until you are blue in the face and type until your fingers bleed, but you can not give common sense through osmosis. People either have common sense or not. I find it unfortunate and frustrating that people who fail at this journey do so by there own failures and then say " well it didn`t work for me." Clearly this is medically proven to work, there is no problem with the tried and true procedure. The problem falls squarely on the patients lack of ability to follow up on there bargain so to speak. No one likes to fail at anything, and nothing will help these people until they can get to the point that they realize that this procedure is only a tool. Until you can change the way you think about your diet, you are destine to fail it just that simple. Name calling and getting pissed is not going to get you anywhere, perhaps a long hard look in the mirror will serve you much better, maybe that might get you to take a bit more control of your life and your health.

I was wrong. I was emotional yesterday and had a bad day. I didn't have my follow up diet plan and was struggling. I appreciate all the posts- black and white and flowery. I was defensive and need to work on that. I think the PM's from the other vets made me feel like I was being attacked... But it was just me being emotional about making a stupid choice. I know everyone was being helpful. Thank you. My apologies. Im new at this an need to take a breath. The last thing I want is to do this alone.

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Heather Leigh

I am a newbie myself on these boards but the tones of replies on both sides is making me question if I want to stay involved here. My nutritionist did recommend crackers in Soup as you get into the mushy food stage, although not sure that solves a crunchy craving, sounds more like a salty craving since you sucked on them. The thing I am most concerned about in these posts is that it sounds like you were not given good nutritional guidelines from your doctor at all. I have been seeing my nutritionist for 6 months and had a pre-op diet class, I would be more than willing to scan and share that information with you if you don't get good information from your doctor.

I am a newbie myself on these boards but the tones of replies on both sides is making me question if I want to stay involved here. My nutritionist did recommend crackers in Soup as you get into the mushy food stage, although not sure that solves a crunchy craving, sounds more like a salty craving since you sucked on them. The thing I am most concerned about in these posts is that it sounds like you were not given good nutritional guidelines from your doctor at all. I have been seeing my nutritionist for 6 months and had a pre-op diet class, I would be more than willing to scan and share that information with you if you don't get good information from your doctor.

Wow. Thank you!!! I really appreciate that. I called my office this am. They were going through hiring process of a new nutritionist over the past 2 months and the group I was in got slightly slided on the group and one on one education side of things. I'm going in @ 230. My Dr is really good and pretty unhappy with what happened. I'm hopeful.

I was wrong. I was emotional yesterday and had a bad day. I didn't have my follow up diet plan and was struggling. I appreciate all the posts- black and white and flowery. I was defensive and need to work on that. I think the PM's from the other vets made me feel like I was being attacked... But it was just me being emotional about making a stupid choice. I know everyone was being helpful. Thank you. My apologies. Im new at this an need to take a breath. The last thing I want is to do this alone.

Head hunger is real, but you won't be successful if you don't learn to overcome it. Surgery is only a tool. You need to develop techniques and new healthy habits or you will be a fat girl with only 20% of her stomach. Do you want to be fat, out of shape, struggling to walk and more because you didn't change your habits? I'm not being harsh. I ask myself these same questions every time I walk by the break room and see the holiday goodies. Don't feel sorry for yourself. You made a choice, now invest in getting the results that come from healthy changes. Big hug of support.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

Wow. Thank you!!! I really appreciate that. I called my office this am. They were going through hiring process of a new nutritionist over the past 2 months and the group I was in got slightly slided on the group and one on one education side of things. I'm going in @ 230. My Dr is really good and pretty unhappy with what happened. I'm hopeful.

I am so sorry that you didn't get the information and guidance on the front-end that you need and are entitled to; however, I have to admit that I am relieved that this was a glitch in your doctor's system and not business as usual.

Please stay on them to give you the tools you need to be successful. I have found in my journey that I have to stay pro-active about everything with my team if I want the service from them that I need and deserve.

I have found in my journey that I have to stay pro-active about everything with my team if I want the service from them that I need and deserve.

I would like to call attention to this sentence right here and emphasize it. Regardless of how these people are paid, they are working for us. We are the patient, the customer. Make sure they are working to your satisfaction.

Please don't respond. Thank you. Don't need negative comments. I wish you luck.

Oddly, this is an open forum and anyone can respond to any post. You have no control over that. The post that are irritating you are from vets who have been exceedingly successful with their surgery. This posts like this one and attitude like you are demonstrating that drive the vets away in droves. Babbs made a good point. How does sucking the hell out of crap like bugles and pretzels satisfy a craving for "crunchy?" You satisfied a craving for carb filled crap.

I'm 2.7 years post surgery, down 133 lbs and value every word that Babbs, Bufflehead, Lipsticklady, et al. take the time to post. I read responses to your and think why the hell do they, or me, waste our time.

I appreciate the apology and I totally understand being emotional, hormonal and hangry post op. I sincerely hope you sent a similar message to @@Babbs . She didn't deserve your private message at all and the name calling is going to drive away those who can and want to assist you in droves.

... So I sucked on a few Bugles....

So that's what the youngin's call doing that these days?

:)