Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know. My dr didn't say anything. He asked how I was doing and told me to keep it up

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

You don't have a plan that you are supposed to follow post-op? Really?
I do it was one week out but that's it. There are different stages. But I'm not sure where I am on the stages. He didn't say....at the end of the day sound like I was wrong. Won't do it again. :)

So you're saying that your doctor performed major surgery on you, and sent you home with instructions for only 1 week post-op? That is criminal if I am understanding you correctly.

The reason I asked where you were in your food stages is because all plans are different, but no plan is going to have you eating "crunchy" anything at 13 days post-op. You need to concentrate on meeting Protein and Water goals. Did he/she at least give you amounts to aim for (e.g., 80 grams of Protein and 64 fl oz of water)?

I don't know. My dr didn't say anything. He asked how I was doing and told me to keep it up

You don't have a plan that you are supposed to follow post-op? Really?
I do it was one week out but that's it. There are different stages. But I'm not sure where I am on the stages. He didn't say....at the end of the day sound like I was wrong. Won't do it again. :)

So you're saying that your doctor performed major surgery on you, and sent you home with instructions for only 1 week post-op? That is criminal if I am understanding you correctly.

The reason I asked where you were in your food stages is because all plans are different, but no plan is going to have you eating "crunchy" anything at 13 days post-op. You need to concentrate on meeting Protein and Water goals. Did he/she at least give you amounts to aim for (e.g., 80 grams of Protein and 64 fl oz of water)?

64 oz Water. I had my follow up last week. He said I was doing great and the dietitian was supposed to follow up with my food plan. I called this afternoon. I should hear back tomorrow. Thank you!

@@Heather Leigh,

When you speak to the nutritionist, I would insist that he/she give you a written-out plan with food stages and defined Protein goals. You need these things if you want to be successful.

Good luck!

I did this afternoon. What's your deal? Maybe just stay off this thread please. This is for help and for conversion and for questions and support. Not anger or making someone feel stupid.

I wasn't aware there were threads I could and couldn't post on.

Learn to take some constructive criticism and not become so damn defensive, will ya? I wouldn't have been as successful as I am without the veterans on this forum. If you're going to be contestanly defiant you're going to have a long, hard road ahead. Listen. Learn.

I love this private message I just got from the OP. Like I really give a crap what anyone thinks of me. All these people who seem to have a problem with me could just block me, but apparently they are too afraid to say anything to me so, they have to PM the OP. And how spiteful is this?

Thought you should know that I got 6 private messages about you sounds like you're pretty negative everyone I think it's really important that you understand what these chat rooms and support groups are for not for being an a****** if anyone here needs to grow up with you

I'm surprised you didn't get an eating plan. I think I got mine three times orientation, the surgeon and the dietitian. Three weeks full liquids, two weeks puréed food then soft foods. I understand the wanting something crunchy even if you end up sucking it. Lol I have to cook food for my son and it smells so good. :). I'm a cheezie freak, or hopefully ex freak.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm surprised you didn't get an eating plan. I think I got mine three times orientation, the surgeon and the dietitian. Three weeks full liquids, two weeks puréed food then soft foods. I understand the wanting something crunchy even if you end up sucking it. Lol I have to cook food for my son and it smells so good. :). I'm a cheezie freak, or hopefully ex freak.

I will make sure I follow up again tomorrow. Thank you!! My kids all think I cook better now. Lol. I think I'm cooking for the smell. I have done really well until this afternoon. It was 2 small Bugles and one tiny pretzel...I sucked on them quite a bit- pretty darned mushy! I understand that was a bad move I'm glad I asked. Thank you!!

Question. I was craving crunchy... So I sucked on a few Bugles and a few pretzels...I turned them into mush. Is that OK??? My surgery date for sleeve was Nov 30. Thanks everyone.

Just an observation here. When you asked, "Is that OK?" You are leaving the door open for all sorts of responses. You should not be surprised if you receive ones that are not to your liking. Believe it or not, they are often the best ones. Eating that type of food so soon after surgery can risk your health as well as sabotage the entire purpose for doing this. Would you be happier if people simply endorsed your behavior?

Question. I was craving crunchy... So I sucked on a few Bugles and a few pretzels...I turned them into mush. Is that OK??? My surgery date for sleeve was Nov 30. Thanks everyone.

Just an observation here. When you asked, "Is that OK?" You are leaving the door open for all sorts of responses. You should not be surprised if you receive ones that are not to your liking. Believe it or not, they are often the best ones. Eating that type of food so soon after surgery can risk your health as well as sabotage the entire purpose for doing this. Would you be happier if people simply endorsed your behavior?
I appreciate that. Thanks.

Forum members like @@Babbs and @@Bufflehead are veterans that have given the majority of us on here very wise, informed and good intentioned advice. They will not hold your hand while you are doing something harmful to your body. You asked, they gave you a direct answer. If you don't like it, just move on. I am 10 months post op and have taken every grain of wisdom they have offered because they have had such amazing success.

Edited by Montana Gal

@@Heather Leigh

You're another new forum member who name calls and gets defensive and rude when given good advice by vets like @@Babbs and @@Bufflehead ?

I'm going to go ahead and block you now and I'd suggest you block me. Clearly you don't need the advice of people who've walked this road successfully, relying on smart choices NOT "luck".

I will make sure I follow up again tomorrow. Thank you!! My kids all think I cook better now. Lol. I think I'm cooking for the smell. I have done really well until this afternoon. It was 2 small Bugles and one tiny pretzel...I sucked on them quite a bit- pretty darned mushy! I understand that was a bad move I'm glad I asked. Thank you!!

So it went from a few bugles and a few pretzels to two SMALL bugles (I didn't know they came in sizes) and one tiny pretzel?

:D

If you "sucked on them until they were mush", how'd that work on your crunch craving?

Anywho... good luck to YOU.

Here is my thing okay and I'm gunna say this with as much respect as possible. But you had a life changing major surgery and one week after not only are you giving into ur cravings but ur craving JUNK. My problem is this. There are so many people out there who have this surgery bc they need it to save they're lives and for the people who have this surgery and don't make it successful that's taking a chance of ruining the statistics of the success in this which could allow insurance companies to no longer cover this surgery if the success rate drops to a certain percentage. So when u make these wrong choices you are potentially stopping people in the future from saving they're lives or making they're lives better and healthier when they truly want it and will follow thru. And with all do respect you seem to get very upset bc people are just trying to give u constructive criticism sometimes even though u may not like that it's what people need to see oh crap I really messed up and I need to stick with my plan. And I'm far from saying it's simple bc it's not but the one thing I can say is since I have started my pre op diet NOV 8. I have cooked every single meal for my family I have baked Cookies home made pies home made cakes u name it. I sit at the table with them while they eat supper. But I haven't even licked a finger when I've gotten something on it. It's not worth it to me I made this choice to make my life healthier. The vets on this forum have read stories like this over and over again and responded hundreds of times. So by now it just short and too the point and they tell it like it is. But they have been successful bc they listened to what they were told and I'm sure to other vets before them. So maybe when reading they're posts don't take it to heart but think I wonder how many others they had to go through this with. They just are not gunna make it fluffy and surgar coat it but say it how it is. It's always with the best intentions believe me when I say that. I for one like reading they're posts and if I did something as stupid as eating junk like that I would want someone to get on me for it. Think of the reasons you made this choice. Would u rather people sit back and say good job and then this all be a waste. I wish you the best of luck on ur journey and home that this helps you understand more. Also when u need a crunch .... crunch on ice. It's on ur allowed list and does the trick!!!