Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight gain...getting depressed :(

Hello Everyone,

I had surgery on 11/22 and I've had nothing but problems. Long story short, the surgeon put my sleeve too tight which they saw with the GI test the morning after surgery. I lost about 17 pounds between 11/22 and 11/30. Now I am up almost 3 pounds since 11/30. I'm getting down with the pain and the headache that I've dealt with because of the complication.

Now that I am drastically better and the complications have lowered, I just can't get on track. I went from eating basically nothing between 11/22-11/30 to "cheating" and eating real food right now. I am still supposed to be on a liquid diet but I'm eating eating solids. I've eaten a pancake, Soup, a cookie, and I'm getting so frustrated! I know that it's my own fault but I just don't know what to eat! Protein Shakes taste disgusting to me and I have hunger pains!

What can I do? Help :(. I do not want to fail at this and cannot fail!

What kind of Protein Shakes are you drinking? There are so many good kinds with different taste, plant and whey, then there are tons of flavors to try.

What kind of Protein shakes are you drinking? There are so many good kinds with different taste, plant and whey, then there are tons of flavors to try.

I have vanilla isolate Protein Powder. I've also tried Protein drinks from GNC and Premier Protein.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

@@creatingthenewme

Try broth with unflavored Protein powder.< /p>

I just purchased powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein this evening. I'm crossing my fingers that I can stomach it and that it's truly unflavored.

Try nectar, Quest or Orgain Organic plant Protein. They don't have that chalk taste. nectar and Quest doesn't have that nasty whey Protein taste. Also with Nectar I can use Water and it still has a nice light taste. Also heard Vega is very good too. Also I use almond milk or coconut milk.

I Am only 10 days post op but I can't tolerate anything too thick.

Edited by Hazel_eyez

@@creatingthenewme

Try broth with unflavored Protein powder.

I just purchased unjury unflavored Protein this evening. I'm crossing my fingers that I can stomach it and that it's truly unflavored.

The unflavored nectar is tasteless to me. I put it in chicken broth.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

unjury is good! Especially with 1/2 frozen banana. Walmart has good banana protien shake for less than $20 and is REALLY GOOD. The injury can be put in Soups too just keep temp down, as instructed.

You need a good support team. I used to eat when bored and stressed, but am replacing food with walk, or other types of cardio ie treadmill "hill", or bands. When hungry, drink Water or Protein shakes.

Follow drs. Orders on when to do liquods, pureed and solids. We THINK we know our bodies and wamt to give it what WE think it needs or what its TORTURING us into thinking it needs....but if we really knew our bodies, some of us would not have felt we needed the surgery to be healthy.

I am praying for you and am sorry you had bad experience and are feeling so down.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App

So sorry you are going thru this. That was a lot of weight to lose initially so maybe your body is just adjusting now.

Can you have yogurt or cottage cheese yet? How about Soup from panera bread-the butternut squash Soup is good. How did those foods you ate sit in your stomach?

Maybe you are not getting enough food in you and your body is in starvation mode and holding onto weight.

I know when I get hungry I feel like I will eat anything. Sounds like you are getting too hungry which leads to poor choices.

Try sugar free Popsicles when you want a treat.

Good luck and hope things start to improve for you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Please Please Please be Careful, and TRY HARD TO STOP WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING, because you can harm yourself very bad from what I was told in a very serious way by doing what you've been doing.

ESP since you said your sleeve was made too tight. You can cause leaks and you don't want that.

PRAY FOR STRENGTH AND HELP TO GET BACK ON TRACK and

SPEAK IT TO YOURSELF,

I CAN AND WILL DO THIS.

And REMEMBER THIS THERE IS LIFE AND DEATH IN THE POWER OF OUR TONGUES.

Then Believe and Do What YOU SAY THAT YOU CAN AND WILL DO.

ONE STEP AND ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

@@creatingthenewme

Try broth with unflavored Protein powder.

I just purchased powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein this evening. I'm crossing my fingers that I can stomach it and that it's truly unflavored.

I bought the unflavored Unjury powder and it is great! I just got it yesterday and put it in hot chocolate and it was totally unflavored!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

First of all, understand that the gain has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you're eating this early out. Your body is in starvation mode and storing glycogen, hence the gain. So stop sabotaging yourself!

Second, this isn't a "diet" right now. It's not Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. It's a PRESCRIPTION diet for surgery while you heal, so start treating it as such. Find a Protein you can drink, and make sure you're getting all your other fluids in, too, so you don't end up back in the hospital for dehydration. That's the most common reason for readmission.

Keep working at following your prescription diet so you can heal up and get back to the business of losing weight and becoming healthy.

So sorry you are going thru this. That was a lot of weight to lose initially so maybe your body is just adjusting now.

Can you have yogurt or cottage cheese yet? How about Soup from panera bread-the butternut squash Soup is good. How did those foods you ate sit in your stomach?

Maybe you are not getting enough food in you and your body is in starvation mode and holding onto weight.

I know when I get hungry I feel like I will eat anything. Sounds like you are getting too hungry which leads to poor choices.

Try sugar free Popsicles when you want a treat.

Good luck and hope things start to improve for you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I need to remember sugar free Popsicles more. I know that I'm not getting enough food in and what I'm putting in my body isn't the right food so I think you're dead on about the starvation mode. I need to get on track and today is a new day! I'm focusing today and going forward on putting the right things in my body. I'm getting nervous about my month follow-up surgery visit on the 22nd and having weight gain. I can't let that happen because of my poor decisions.

First of all, understand that the gain has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you're eating this early out. Your body is in starvation mode and storing glycogen, hence the gain. So stop sabotaging yourself!

Second, this isn't a "diet" right now. It's not Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. It's a PRESCRIPTION diet for surgery while you heal, so start treating it as such. Find a Protein you can drink, and make sure you're getting all your other fluids in, too, so you don't end up back in the hospital for dehydration. That's the most common reason for readmission.

Keep working at following your prescription diet so you can heal up and get back to the business of losing weight and becoming healthy.

Thank you. I need to stop stepping on the scale everyday and eat the right things. I think I'll start that effective now. I will not step on the scale for a week! I'm driving myself crazy doing it everyday.