Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heartburn/acid reflux - fill??

HELP - I did a ton of searches on the forum and found what I could, but here is my story - I started exercising about 3 weeks ago (heavily, weight lifting and aerobic excercise). I was at 2.8 in my 4 cc band. My last fill was 4 weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I started to feel ever so slightly acid reflux. Didn't think much about it until I went in for another fill this morning (went from 2.8 to 3.2) Acid Reflux is more prominent all day today. I am also due for my TOM, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have been sticking to 900-1200 calories a day so I am not overeating that I can tell (my trainer wishes I ate even more). My question/concern for everyone is - is there such a thing as a senstitive fill? Could I be overfilled? could I have damaged my band doing sit ups and bench presses, etc? I had a small hiatal hernia that was not fixed at surgery, could this have gotten worse with strenuous exercise?

The story I get is that acid reflux/hearburn is just BAD period, but has anyome experienced it where it is not bad, just irritating (I have never had a problem with it before). I do not PB, rarely does food get stuck, I can eat tenderloin and chicken, etc no problem... I get full farily quickly, i don't overeat or drink Decaf coffee. I have not lost a ton of weight recenly due to working out but have lost inches and body fat.

Please someone share their experiences withe me - I suppose I will call the doctor, but maybe I am overreacting (which I can do) and don't want to make a big deal out of nothing.

HELP!!!! Scared in Seattle:help:

That seems like a big jump to me. I have the 4 cc band also and I am at 2.50... but when i go to 2.75 I am miserable...can not lay down at nite or it all bubbles up in throat. you have to find that spot that works for you. HAve always been told by my DR. that if that is happening then I am too tight! Good luck!

banded April 2003..lost 95 lbs give ot take 5..lol..maintaining for 2 yrs now..give or take 5...ugggg

I have a friend who had terrible acid reflux. She went down a bit on her fill and it seemed to get better. Within a month she went back in and he gave her more, still no reflux. She also is on medication. I would start there first.

I too since my last fill have had an acid reflux problem...It has come and go..but I did not have it before and I have had the band for 2 years..I think I may be overfilled...soo I am waiting a little more..and see if it gets better..it has been 4 months..but it comes and goes..

I had acid reflux prior to banding. They fixed a large hiatal hernia, and have had no problems at all since. However, it does run in my family. I started having ripping acid reflux a couple of months ago and knew it wasn't related to my band, because I've been at a perfect fill for quite some time. Tried different meds, OTC and prescription, with no luck. I was so sick. So, I did some reading. Here's what I've been doing and my reflux is gone. I put 1 tbs. of Bragg's apple cider vinegar and 1 tbs of agave Syrup in a cup of Water, 3 times a day and drink it down. It works. I know, I sound like a commercial. But my reflux is 100% gone. I'm amazed. Not one med worked, but something as simple as organic apple cider vinegar did. Just wanted to pass it on.