Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Sleeved in MX on Monday the 5th!

Getting mine on 12/16 in Mexico and starting to freak out a bit right now and second guessing my decision. Have yo-yo'd my entire life losing and gaining the same 60-80 lbs and since don't qualify for Sleeve due to BMI not high enough going with Dr. Ortiz in TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Just wanted you all to know my surgery went very well today. The afternoon after I didn't get the right dosage of pain meds and nausea meds so I was miserable. Once the Doctor came to see me he adjusted my meds and it's a night and day difference. They kept trying to insist it was the gas but i felt that and a different pain around my incisions. Once they gave me better meds, the incision pain left and so did the nausea and I've been up walking which has made all the difference in the world. The more i walk the Better I feel.

Edited by mandy4508

Thanks you all! Please keep posting when you're feeling up to it.

I am getting sleeved in Mexico on the 21st. I started my preop diet today and it's getting real. I'm starting to get the pre-elective surgery-in-another-country jitters. I have a little guy running around so I don't have too much time to search and search for people's experiences with this surgery in Mexico, so reading your experiences is very helpful. I appreciate it so much and I know others do, too. Keeping you all in my thoughts!

If there was anything that freaked you out down there, or struck you as unusual, can you give a girl a heads up? I've been to Mexico before, but not to a medical facility. Anything you wish you knew before? Thanks!

Okay good people... had surgery yesterday on Dec 5. I am still in shock that I did it. Yesterday was rough I won't lie. The gas pain was awful . I walked and walked and walked. I I feel better today. I have been trying to drink Water but it makes me gag. So since I couldn't do that the nurse gave me ice chips and you would have thought she have me a steak,lol. Walking and coughing and using that ispirometer is uncomfortable but so necessary. Today I am burping like crazy , guess gas is coming out too end. I am still sore in my belly area. Trying to get Protein in and water. Keep me in your prayers. I am doing much better than yesterday.

Awesome to hear Susie! I am having Dr Almanza do mine. I have several close friends that have used him and they all have had incredible success. I'm so happy to hear your feeling well! Are you having to take a lot of pain meds? What are they giving you for pain and is it on a pump? Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App@@Dknal2 I will be praying for you too sister!!! How exciting we can go through this together. Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not trying to scare you but I hope that you have done some recent research on your surgeon. He has not had a good reputation as of late. This particular form has completely disassociated with him as well.

I hope all of you Monday Sleevers are doing well today : )

@..... I did a ton of research on my surgeon and I also know 6 people who in the past year and a half have all had their surgeries with him with zero problems and nothing but raving reviews.

I am 1 day post op and couldn't have been more impressed with the whole process, my care I have received and Dr. Almanza. Truly makes me thing that the owner of this app wasn't getting the money he wanted from Dr Almanza and that's why he's attempting to smear his name. None of the concerns he expressed and rebuttals in the comments were true from my experience, the experience of my friends. Or the new friends I have made while here.

I am feeling better than expected and am excited about what's to come. I would send my closest love ones to Almanza with ZERO concern.

There was a lady here for a revision and he refused her surgery and money because he did an X-ray and doesn't feel she needs it. I have Crohn's disease and he spent an hour asking me questions and then spent an additional hour on my surgery to make sure he was extra careful.

Thank you for thinking of me though and sending this to me.

But I am very happy with my decision and did a ton of research and his praises far outweigh his criticisms on every forum.

Good luck on your surgery!!

@Dknal2.... so happy to see your post. The gas pains are no joke!!! That's my only discomfort personally. Can't believe I was so terrified and have been very pleased. Feeling night and day different and better today. My friends who have all been sleeved recently said everyday is better and better!

@@Dknal2

They gave me ice Water and it was like daggers. I only drink room temp or warm fluids for the first week or so.

@..... I did a ton of research on my surgeon and I also know 6 people who in the past year and a half have all had their surgeries with him with zero problems and nothing but raving reviews.

I am 1 day post op and couldn't have been more impressed with the whole process, my care I have received and Dr. Almanza. Truly makes me thing that the owner of this app wasn't getting the money he wanted from Dr Almanza and that's why he's attempting to smear his name. None of the concerns he expressed and rebuttals in the comments were true from my experience, the experience of my friends. Or the new friends I have made while here.

I am feeling better than expected and am excited about what's to come. I would send my closest love ones to Almanza with ZERO concern.

There was a lady here for a revision and he refused her surgery and money because he did an X-ray and doesn't feel she needs it. I have Crohn's disease and he spent an hour asking me questions and then spent an additional hour on my surgery to make sure he was extra careful.

Thank you for thinking of me though and sending this to me.

But I am very happy with my decision and did a ton of research and his praises far outweigh his criticisms on every forum.

Good luck on your surgery!!

I really don't think it was just the site making it up.

http://www.10news.com/news/team-10/team-10-doctor-accused-of-injuring-and-killing-patients-shares-his-story

http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/investigations/mom-of-5-latest-person-to-die-after-surgery-with-dr-linked-to-other-deaths-and-injuries

http://www.10news.com/news/team-10-dozens-injured-during-weight-loss-surgery-in-mexico

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/i-team-investigates/another-death-following-weight-loss-surgery-booked-by-florida-company

So it isn't just this site.

I am happy to hear that you and all the people you know had good outcomes with him.

Someone on this site complained about my Dr. I had great care with him and they didn't. This was in the US. It can happen with any Dr, but I don't think Alex is bias or without merit in this case.

I didn't do ice Water but the ice felt good going down to me . My nurse kept bringing them in so I would stay hydrated. I can't wait until post op day 5 or 6 . So this gas will go away.

@@Dknal2

They gave me ice Water and it was like daggers. I only drink room temp or warm fluids for the first week or so.

@@OutsideMatchInside ... yes I have seen all of these. But I am not here to debate my decision and I am extremely happy with my entire experience! There is "dirt" on every doctor. I researched all the main "top docs" down here and not one was without some criticism. I'm sure not everyone listens to the after care instructions as well and is quick to blame the doctor. There's always more to the story and we all have to do our research and use our best judgement.

Best of luck!