Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 5th Surgery Date

I was sleeved, today. It went well. I was a little nauseous when waking up. That lasted for a couple of hours. Incision pain is only noticeable when I sit up. I had gas pain in my right shoulder but my first walk fixed that almost instantaneously. Currently on my second little pixie cup of Water. 1 cup per hour for three hours. Water never tasted so good. ???? My mouth and lips were so dry.

Something strange. The nurse in recovery offered me a saltine cracker. ???? Honest mistake. I guess I assumed they would be more familiar with my post surgery diet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Really????? Whoa! Good thing you were coherent enough to refuse! Hope this week goes smoothly and your recovery is quick!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was discharged yesterday. I feel tired today. I didn't get much sleep last night. Incision pain is mild, I haven't taken anything for pain since I went to bed last night. I also didn't realize I would have to give myself shots to avoid blood clots, twice a day. Hoping I feel a little better tomorrow.

@Rainbow2015 I had to move mine back a week. My scheduled for Dec 13, the same day my mom had her sleeve done three years ago.

Hi Rainbow2015......my surgery went really great. So glad to hear you are doing well. I had tremendous gas pain though and I walked as much as I could but it is now going away. My incisions hurt a bit... I have 6 and the one that hurts the most is the bigger one underneath my left breadt. But I'm giving it time to heal. I can't wait to see results in a couple of months. We will be here to motivate each other.

Dknal2, how did your surgery go?

Yes ma'am.. we are gonna be here to motivate each other. I think at the one month mark we should post before and after photos and do so every month until goal is reached.

@@Dknal2, yes, I'm excited. I look forward to seeing your progress on here as well as sharing mine.

I can't wait for this weak feeling to go away. As people keep telling me, "one day at a time".

@Rainbow2015 I had to move mine back a week. My scheduled for Dec 13, the same day my mom had her sleeve done three years ago.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Try to get some sleep tonight because I had a horrible time sleeping in the hospital. I was exhausted by the time I was discharged and didn't get some real sleep until I was home. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. ????????

1 week post-op, down 9 lbs. I had also lost 10 lb between my pre-op visit and the day of surgery. My CW is 340. Four years ago I lost 80 lbs then I started school and gave up, gained it all back, became pregnant and gained back more. My weight when I had lost that 80 lbs was 313. I regret getting rid of all my "smaller" clothes because I will need them soon. My sister lost 100 lbs this year and gave me a bunch of her bigger pants but her big pants were size 18/20. Right now I'm in 26/28. I'll need to research a place that sales cheap pants.

Congrats@ Rainbow2015... I am weighing myself on Friday the 16th because I weighed myself this past Friday. I lost 9 lbs since surgery as of Friday ( surgery was dec 5). My starting weight was 242 lbs and day of surgery 219 lbs. So , prior to surgery, I lost 23 lbs plus the 9 more since surgery is total 32 lbs. I can't wait to see if there is any progress on Fri. I will certainly let you know.

1 week post-op, down 9 lbs. I had also lost 10 lb between my pre-op visit and the day of surgery. My CW is 340. Four years ago I lost 80 lbs then I started school and gave up, gained it all back, became pregnant and gained back more. My weight when I had lost that 80 lbs was 313. I regret getting rid of all my "smaller" clothes because I will need them soon. My sister lost 100 lbs this year and gave me a bunch of her bigger pants but her big pants were size 18/20. Right now I'm in 26/28. I'll need to research a place that sales cheap pants.