Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Sydney, Australia

Wow!! You look amazing!! Congrats @@Jobey

I'm from Sydney and was sleeved on November 7, I'm at the puréed stage and I'm finding it a little difficult :( any tips or advice??

Much appreciated, Sanaa

sanaa

Hey, thanks it took me about 3 months and moving back to real food, obviously in much smaller portions, to feel normal again. I hate Protein shakes so I eat all my Protein, the only supplement I use is in protein balls which I eat for Breakfast. I track everything using MFP and joined a gym about a month ago and go 3 times a week doing a mix of cardio and weights a play netball once a week too. But my surgery date was 7th June 2016.

I promise it gets easier, but I have been lucky I can eat pretty much anything but steer clear of complex carbs, most processed foods and all take away and eat minimal real carbs.

Eat slowly and stop before you feel sick. Make sure you're at home when you try something new in case it's no good. If you use MFP you can friend me on there and see my diary??? Just let me know

Thanks guys @@Jobey and @@rose1504

I'm doing ok, I can have scrambled eggs, baked Beans etc I'm really good with keeping everything down, I have a friend that did the sleeve 4 days before me and she can only have yogurt, jelly etc so I'm grateful that I'm able to have these foods. Next stage is the mushy stage..what did you guys have??

Sanaa

sanaa

@@Jobey

Wow, you look great ! Congratulations!

Yes, I too noticed slowing down of my weight loss. I lost 33kg/72 Ib in my first 6-7 months.

Lately I have been sitting on 68kg/149 Ib for the past 6-7 weeks, and it is not budging.

I even made a post about it in the General Gastric Sleeve: "I'm still Shrinking", as I am still losing my measurements.

I am very close to Goal, and I don't like my scales right now, but my wrist, shoe size, arms and face are showing more changes. Plus my clothes are getting looser still.

I have changed to mostly Protein diet now, and I got my GENEPRO Protein powder from the States that I add to my coffee now.

Still add my Aussie Protein Powder to my yoghurt.

For me, the honey moon period finished after 6-7 months, hunger returned and weight loss slowed.

Thank goodness for NSVs!

@@Jobey I am in Queensland too, moved to the Gold Coast few years ago (from Sydney).

@@sanaa.a

During my puree stage I had many savoury purees, and the only sweet one was from Chobani yoghurt, bit of banana or pawpaw, vanilla essence, Stevia and cinnamon, All blasted in my Nutri Bullet.

I was told that the purees had to be runny, easily falling off the spoon.

Savoury purees: Minced chicken with liquid stock and cheese sauce, minced poached salmon with stock and yoghurt, minced turkey with stock and cheese sauce. Forget the others, but if you need more ideas, let me know and I will have a look in my Dietician's notes and booklet.

Soft/Mushy:

Soft boiled egg (scrambled egg at this stage made me dump)

cream/cottage cheese on Cruskits

Refried Beans

Poached Salmon in sauce

Chicken/Turkey minces with sauce

I dumped on Beef, did not tolerate it

Melted light yellow cheese

Chobani yoghurt with grated apple

banana smoothies

And flaky fish, apart from my beloved salmon.

Plus jellies and custard.

Plus increased amounts of Protein powder added to yoghurt mainly.

@@rose1504

Definitely get your Thyroid checked, and not just TSH and T4, but T3 as well.

I have Graves Disease (autoimmune thyroid disease), this kept me slim my whole life, till 2014 when it did 180 degree turn, and I was piling on weight at a frightening speed. I went from 60kg to 101kg between 2014 and March 2016.

I also developed astonishing sweet cravings during that time, which made a mess of me. Graves is Hyper-thyroid.

I had every symptom of this disease, except of bulging eyes and goitre.

There is also Hypo-thyroid (under-active), Hashimotos etc which also can really mess with metabolism and general well being.

Good luck @@rose1504

I hope you don't have thyroid disease, as I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy ......

Had my both ear Daiths pierced 3 weeks ago, to see if they would help my thyroid Migraines and severe headaches.

They (the acupressure point piercings) helped me tremendously!

I was living almost daily on very strong pain killers. Now, I don't take them, and so those piercings really helped me.

I have a huge stock of heavy duty pain killers at home, and now I forget all about them.

So, Good Luck with all your tests.

Please let us know how you went.

During my purée stage I loved Spag bog like you'd make it regularly just minus the Pasta. I also added grated veggies and bacon [emoji4] It's a great consistency and feels like real food [emoji4]

You look amazing! What an inspiration you are :-)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm a Kiwi and am 5 months post surgery. 25kg down, 10kg to go but holding pattern ie not lost anything for about 3 weeks. Do hope I can lose the 10kg but guess it all slows right down now? Have gone from a size 22 to 16 and down a shoe size too!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@els

Hi,

I am also in the holding pattern, for many weeks.

I am 9 months post op, and I have noticed that for me, my weight loss slowed down after 7 months ....

I am still shrinking though, and also lost a shoe size :)

Actually, I recently bought 4 new pairs of shoes, and I love them!

I have 3 more kilos to go to my Goal weight, and 8 kilos to go to my Stretched Goal .....

I have thyroid disease (autoimmune), still in the medication dose adjustment stage.

I also noticed that my appetite has returned, and that I need to stay away from sweet things and very sweet/carb laden fruit. If I eat those, my weight loss stops completely....