Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sex..... Question for adults

Ok everything is going great but I'm scared to have sex, I'm not on birth control and my fiancé hates condoms.... So to be honest he ummm yeah pulls out... There I said it! lol but I guess we're all grown so this should not offend anyone if so sorry kindly stroll pass. But for others what did you do about sex? Also how soon after surgery did you have sex?

post-305408-0-07741500-1479490814_thumb.png

There are other methods of birth control, there are spermicide foams and sponges and the diaphragm. I would suggest using something else with the pull out method, a pregnancy will shock your body after weightloss.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Thank you both I'll look into the alternatives

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

Comprehensive sex ed instructor here.

You know what we call people who use the pull-out/rhythm method?

Parents.

(it's a joke, but not really)

As others have pointed out, fertility increases a LOT after surgery. And getting pregnant soon after is not a good idea if it can be helped.

There are many other options besides condoms.

IUD

whatever the latest version of the implant is (used to be Norplant, now it's Implanon, I think?)

cervical cap/diaphragm w/ spermicides

spermicides (low on my list for reliability)

the Pill

some docs will still do a depo-provera shot (good if you don't want anything as long-term as IUD or implant)

Things to consider

for the Pill - will you be able to take it consistently at about the same time every day?

for cap/diaphragm/spermicides - will you want to deal with the mess?

I *strongly* suggest you speak to your doctor about the need to be on birth control for AT LEAST a year (though your surgeon has the best information about how long is best to wait) and get his/her input because you may have medical contraindications for one or more of these options.

I personally LOVE my IUD (Mirena), but if I didn't have it I would go on the Pill for a year or two, consider the implant, or go on depo shots for a year or two -- but your doctor can give you the best advice based on your personal situation. I had Norplant years ago and it did great for about 3 years, then I started having issues and had it taken out.

As for how long after surgery, I think I was about 4 weeks out before we had sex, the tummy was just too tender before that.

Thanks for your reply @@theantichick you gave me a lot to think about... I'm frisky so I know I have to scale back a bit and play it safe :) Now I'm thinking of ways to get around the tender belly... lol

Thanks for your reply @@theantichick you gave me a lot to think about... I'm frisky so I know I have to scale back a bit and play it safe :) Now I'm thinking of ways to get around the tender belly... lol

My surgeon said most people start having sex again after one week, we waited almost 2 because my stomach was all bruised up (my surgeon said I bruise easily) and I couldn't lie on either side before then.

I had my surgery on Halloween and still don't like the idea of my husband's weight on me. He isn't fat but he is 200 pounds. What works for us is spooning. I can rest on my good side (the right side, most of us have a large incision on the left where they remove the stomach) and I don't have to move too much or twist at all. And no weight on me.

My surgeon said most people start having sex again after one week, we waited almost 2 because my stomach was all bruised up (my surgeon said I bruise easily) and I couldn't lie on either side before then.

I had my surgery on Halloween and still don't like the idea of my husband's weight on me. He isn't fat but he is 200 pounds. What works for us is spooning. I can rest on my good side (the right side, most of us have a large incision on the left where they remove the stomach) and I don't have to move too much or twist at all. And no weight on me.

Thanks I knew there was a way around it : )

Extreme weight loss and fat but causes the hormones to go crazy.. You become very fertile.. Unless you want a baby pulling out isn't gonna cut it.

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Okay I think I'll just grab some Magnums.... I don't want to risk getting pregnant but I like to have a good time!!! He just gotta deal with it ;-)

I agree with the comment about the pull out method becoming parents. My mom was allergic to latex. Dad apPARENTly pulled out but I was the fastest swimmer!

The pull out method worked so well for us, I have a 28 year old daughter from it!

Extreme weight loss and fat but causes the hormones to go crazy.. You become very fertile.. Unless you want a baby pulling out isn't gonna cut it.

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Okay I think I'll just grab some Magnums.... I don't want to risk getting pregnant but I like to have a good time!!! He just gotta deal with it ;-)

Magnums ???

Much respect. :)