Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on Friday 9/7

Hello Everyone, I got banded yesterday! Woo hoo. Everything went pretty well. Dr. Ren was amazing and so nice. The only thing so far has been that my back hurts like crazy. I wasn't able to sleep at all last night. Those hospital beds are horrible. I'm home now and I have been walking around and drinking Water just fine. Propel has been really great. Oh, and the other weird thing is that I had cotton mouth all day yesterday, but I'm back to good now. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats Ghostbuster. I got my band on the 27th of August. Oh, and I still have the cotton mouth. Someone told me that is your body burning off fat. So, burn it all off as far as I am concerned. Hope you continue to feel this good.

Hey Clara and Ghost. Yall are great inspirations, I was starting to worry, I am 9-28 but yall are easing my anxiety. Thanks and Congratulations!

I'll be watching for updates.

Juliacleone:clap2:

Congratulations Ghostbuster!! I had my surgury on sept 5th. I found that a heating pad and massage went along way in helping with the back pain. All the best!!!

Thanks Chase's mom, my sister is picking up a heating pad after work today for me! But to be honest friends, it's been a bumpier weekend than I expected. Yesterday I had a lot of nausea. I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't sip anything. I felt like I was going to throw up so hard I would turn inside out. My mom called my doctor's office (per the hospital discharge paperwork) and Dr. Fielding was on call. He seemed surprised, he said he had never had anyone with so much nausea before. He suggested some pepto bismol, watered down, and lying in a dark cool room. Which I did. Around 8:00pm I started to feel a bit better and could get up and walk into the living room to watch Big Brother 8 with my little sister. She fixed my about a 1/3 cup of broth and I drank that ok. But man, that was a rough day, and my mom left around 6:00pm and I know she felt bad leaving while I was feeling so bad, but my sister is here and she had to work today. I was able to sleep for about 5 hours straight, which is the best I've had since the surgery on Friday. So I'm feeling a bit better. But it's wierd that I just can't shake this nausea thing all the way. I'm trying to take it slow and just work through it.

GhostBuster, sorry you had a bad week end. It is kind of strange, but I am 2 weeks out and yesterday and again this morning, I am experiencing neausa. I have not thrown up, or anyting like that, but come on already.

It will get better for you. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Thanks Claramae, I was just scrolling throught he before and after pics to remind myself why I'm doing this. I'm trying to think positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts, like napping!

OK, so maybe I was a bit dramatic about my first 2 days of recovery. I'm starting to feel much, much better. this is probably gross, but here's some pics of my stomach right after surgery and Sunday morning when we took off the bandages.

post-221120-13813135496985_thumb.jpg

post-221120-13813135497231_thumb.jpg

Hey Julia, I'm a 9-28 bander to be too! I will be having mine done in Mexico but we can still be band buddies if you want. I am 5'4" tall and last week when I weighed I was at a whopping 239 pounds, My highest to date!!! My goal and where I should be is 125. To say the least I will be making our plane reservations today, and then it will be final, and to tell you the truth, I am scared s---less, I am just about sick to my stomach thinking about it and can I really live the lifestyle afterwards, with all the PB'ing and getting stuck, which will make me panic cause I will think I'm choking, sorry this probably isn't helping you at all and that was not my intentions. I guess we will muddle through like all the other bansters on this forum, we are not alone and I know I'm not the first one to be so scared, Keep in touch!

Debbi

Hey Ghost, I was banded on Friday too, came home that afternoon. Finally today I'm feeling like a human again. Satruday and Sunday were worse than I had anticipated, and I have to go back to work tomorrow! I think I had every side effect from my pain med, blurred vision, (scary), awful dry mouth (I had to pull my lips off my teeth Saturday morning). But it didn't knock me out like I though it would. I have a different med for nausea and a patch for behind my ear for nausea. I haven't taken any of it today because I wanna get my brain right for driving to work tomrrow. The worst part has been trying to sleep, I can't find a position thats comfortable. Getting out of the bed makes me feel like my port is gonna shoot out of my body and across the room. Coughing and hiccuping are the same way. Everytime i have to cough, I hold a pillow over my stomach really tightly. I've got the gas pain now. Trying to choke down the Protein stuff. Supposed to be walking 25 min/twice a day. I couldn't even do that before surgery, but I'm trying! Today is the frist day I've felt OK. Saturday I was questioning why I did this to myself, but it will get better from here. Good luck to you! Are you repulsed by food like I am these days?

Dear Debbie, I am going to Mexico too. Dr. Rodriquez how about you? I think I can help you with the being scared. I do energy tapping, part of energy psychology. If you are game let me know. I will fix you up. Where do you live? I am in Auburn AL, War Eagle. We are going to do just fine. 300,000 people have done this. I have already started telling myself that I will go throuh surgery like a breeze, I will not be hungry, I can do what I need to (yes I am convincing my self). I am 5'6" closing in on 230 (I have been saying goodbye to a few favorite foods). I would love to muddle through this with you. Band Buddies! Write me back

Cleone

Debi, I just realized we are the same age! I will be 52 a few days after surgery so I might be just a touch older than you. We have a lot in common!

Cleone

Cleone, I would love to be your band buddie, and I'm game for anything that will get me through this. I am terrified of being sick on the plane ride home, not only embarrassing but what if I tear something loose??? I'm usually a very positive person and my husband is wondering where she went and why am I constantly thinking of all the bad things that can go wrong??? Don't understand it myself, except I'm very terrified of flying so just getting on the plane is a major hurdle. I live in East Tennessee up on the beautiful Cumberland Plateau. I just turned 51 on April the 13th, I was born on Friday the 13 anyway so 13 is a lucky number for me, all good things seem to happen with me that invlove 13. Keep posting, I'm loving this forum and all the support and information.

And just a note, ghostbuster I hope you get over that nausea, I can't stand being sick to my stomach and hope to avoid that. You seem to be very strong willed and that will get you through it.

Oh and I can't remember but someone ask me where I got the scales, it was on the page where I was updating my signature, I clicked on 'more' emoticons and there it was, I think it's cute too.

Toodles

Docsdeb(Debbi)

Debbi, you forgot to say where in Mexico. I will be in Acuna. I can do the energy tapping over the phone. It works for being afraid to fly and will also work to erase the fear of being embarrassed on the way home. I tapped a kindergartener one time and when I finished she said "OK mom lets go to the airport I'm ready to fly"...and she did both ways no problems. I am getting excited. I am clearing my schedual so I can rest a few days afterwards, how about you?

Cleone